The Great Don Quijote of RBM!

Old August 9th 07, 05:00 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom \Johnny Sunset\ Sherman[_302_]

Default We Have a President That Rides A Bike Now!

Edward Dolan wrote:
ALL terrorists should be shot on sight. After all, they murder mostly
innocents - and then they hide behind them if and when they can. I say kill
them all! Prison is way too good for them.

We should poke the terrorists with soft cushions with the stuffing up at
one end!

Then we should annoy the Ed Dolan's of the world by referencing Monty
Python sketches!

Old August 9th 07, 05:00 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Edward Dolan

"donquijote1954" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Aug 6, 5:16 pm, "Keats" wrote:
"donquijote1954" wrote in message

ups.com...

And how would you about getting rid of the Republicans? That would
leave us with something like, what 70% of the population by current
approval rates, right?

Hmmmm.....How to go about getting rid of the republicans?

Being the wimpy peace and lovenik that you are I'm sure you wouldn't have
the personal courage for shooting them or herding them into gas chambers.
But maybe you could convince your illegal alien kindred spirit brothers
toiling away in the kitchens of America's restaurants to poison them. Or
failing that you surely should be able to convince the 70% Good People to
pass laws for mass republican sterilization. It would take longer than
the
gas chambers for sure, but you would have your final solution in good
time.

I'd prefer a fate similar to that they subjected the Iraqi people
to...

Warning over spiralling Iraq refugee crisis

Thursday December 7, 2006
Guardian Unlimited

The surging violence in Iraq has created what is becoming the biggest
refugee crisis in the world, a humanitarian group said today.
A report (pdf) by Washington-based Refugees International said an
influx of Iraqis threatened to overwhelm other Middle Eastern
countries, particularly Syria, Jordon and Lebanon.

Last month, the UN estimated that 100,000 people were fleeing the
country each month, with the number of Iraqis now living in other Arab
countries standing at 1.8 million.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,,1966333,00.html

At that rate Iraq would lose all of its population within a few years.
But, of course, you can always hire Hindus, Pakistanis, Bangla Deshis
and some Chinese, elect an all-Iraqi Congress and declare
"democracy."

Kill the brutes, kill all of them!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old August 9th 07, 05:01 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom \Johnny Sunset\ Sherman[_303_]

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman" wrote in message
.. .
still me? wrote:
FWIW, the constitution has no provision for the Iraqi invasion, but
that's another story.

The US Constitution does have a provision for the invasion of Iraq:

"The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United
States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction
of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors."

There is no more ridiculous a figure in the world than a Bush hater like Tom
Sherman. If only we had had Gore or Kerry, all would be right with the
world! Maybe Hillary will lead us out of the quagmire!

Hillary the former and currently closeted Republican?

Old August 9th 07, 05:06 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom \Johnny Sunset\ Sherman[_304_]

Edward Dolan wrote:

The Constitution and Bill of Rights are just scraps of paper. All that
matters to me is the Nation of America. We need to kill our enemies before
they kill us. What is there about this that you do not understand?

"And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin.
Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the
number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three.
Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that
thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three,
being the third number, be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand
Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight,
shall snuff it."

Old August 9th 07, 05:08 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom \Johnny Sunset\ Sherman[_305_]

Bill Sornson wrote:
...(Just in time for -- God Forbid! -- Hillary...

Hillary Clinton is a corporatist and no friend of labor. Why does the
political right hate her so much?

Old August 9th 07, 05:26 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Keats

(Not Tom) Keats wrote:
"Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman" wrote in
message .. .
(not Tom) Keats wrote:
And as far as sending republicans to Gutmo Bay is concerned (they
must have renamed it after Sicko's visit, lol), I've heard the
medical care there is just wonderful. Anyway the gentle souls of
Gutmo Bay , in the zenith of good health, are going to be loosed on
the world quite soon. You will no doubt be celebrating the occasion
with your family and friends, yes?
Considering that most of the prisoners are there because someone
turned them in for fictional "terrorist activities" to collect bounty
money, yes.

Yes I know. *Most* imprisoned terrorists are turned in by their
brother-in-laws who never liked them to begin with or were forced on
into the field of battle by *others* just like *most* inmates in any
prison are *innocent* of all charges. What we are doing to them is
just plain *mean*.
They've been humiliated enough.

We should free them all, don't you think?
Any "we" wonder why "they" hate us?

--

"We" may wonder, but "I" don't wonder, because I got the straight skinny
right from the horse's mouth. According to bin Laden it's because we are

You do realize we are in a religious war with fundamentalist Islam don't
you?

Oh Bull****! Almost all Muslim's consider bin Laden's religious ideas to
be wrong. The only reason they support him is because he stands up to
western imperialist bullying, unlike "President" Mubarak, King Abdullah
II, the House of Saud and other toady governments. If you actually knew
and talked to people from some Muslim countries you would realize this,
but instead you fill you head with propaganda garbage from the government
and media.

Cripes, no wonder the US is losing in Iraq and Afghanistan, not to mention
the "War on Terror".

--

Take it easy Mr. Sunset. I'm having a hard time understanding you.

You're saying almost all Muslims consider bin Laden's religious ideas wrong
(and you know that how?), but they support him because he stands up to
western imperialist bullying, etc., etc., ad nauseam. Ok so? And we are
losing the war in Iraq, Afghanistan, and the so called "War on Terror"
because we aren't nice?

I saw a poll not long ago that claimed 75% of the US Muslims disapproved of
suicide bombing. That's fine, but it's the other 25% that worry me.

Keats

Old August 9th 07, 05:28 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Tim McNamara

In article ,
"Keats" wrote:

"We" may wonder, but "I" don't wonder, because I got the straight
skinny right from the horse's mouth. According to bin Laden it's
because we are "infidels". And they will continue to hate us until
we "come to Islam" and live under Sharia law. He has never once
indicated it's because we aren't "nice" to them. In fact, in a jihad
holy war "being nice" is considered weakness to be exploited.

That is the simplistic construction but I think it has a lot going for
it. The "death tapes" produced by various suicide bombers have made it
quite clear what their motivation is. I see no reason to disbelieve
their simple, clear, fervent statements. Bush is wrong again- "they"
don't "hate us for our freedom," They hate us because we are not
Muslim. They hate us for supporting Israel over the Palestinians. They
hate us because of the failure of much of the Middle East to get out of
the Middle Ages, for which it is easier to blame the modern world than
the strictures of the extremist elements of Islam which prevent
modernizing. There are other economic, social and cultural factors as
well, which allow for the rampant, virulently hate-filled version of
Islam to exist.

By comparison there are many moderate Muslims whom I have met, primarily
through work. They are pleasant, generous people who work hard. They
are typically quiet and unassuming, a bit outside of the American
mainstream and aware of it but not necessarily uncomfortable with it-
and more than willing to explain their understanding of their religion
with people who ask about it with sincerity. I find them only
superficially different from the moderate Christians and moderate Jews
that I know. I know very few people of other faiths- just one Hindu and
a few Buddhists, not enough to claim any sort of understanding of the
cultural aspects of their religions. I have studied a lot of Buddhist
texts over the past 30 years and find much of high merit there, but have
had little contact with Buddhists (by which I mean people who grew up in
Buddhism, not Western converts. I know quite a few of the latter and
occasionally consider myself among them. Except that I am *such* a
crappy Buddhist when it comes to applying the principles to my daily
life).

You do realize we are in a religious war with fundamentalist Islam
don't you?

However, I would quibble with your use of the term "fundamentalist
Islam" and would instead suggest "radical Islamists." Fundamentalists
are not necessarily radicals and radicals usually have twisted the
fundamentals of a faith to suit their agenda. We see it in the US with
the Christianists too, the main difference being that they are not
currently as violent as the radical Islamists. They have been in the
past, however- just tonight on TV I watched a member of the Ku Klux Klan
proudly proclaim that the KKK was a "terror group" 40 years ago. They
often justify their terrorism with perversions of Christian theology.

I would say that I fear the American Christianists more than I fear the
radical Islamists. For one thing, the Christianists are just as nuts;
for another, there are far more of them than Islamists in the US.
Old August 9th 07, 05:32 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Bill Sornson

Bill Sornson wrote:
...(Just in time for -- God Forbid! -- Hillary...

Hillary Clinton is a corporatist

You mean because she trashes Exxon-Mobil while secretly owning its stock?
LOL

and no friend of labor.

Yeah, but Labor doesn't recognize this.

Why does the
political right hate her so much?

For the same reason the political left loves her so much. (Hint: lies and
opportunism.)

Old August 9th 07, 05:41 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom \Johnny Sunset\ Sherman[_306_]

(not Tom) Keats wrote:
[...]

I happen to personally know Muslim's that live in some of these
countries. The general attitude is "US government bad, most US people good."

but they support him because he stands up to
western imperialist bullying, etc., etc., ad nauseam. Ok so? And we are
losing the war in Iraq, Afghanistan, and the so called "War on Terror"
because we aren't nice?

The only way to win a war of conquest over a reluctant population is
genocide.

I saw a poll not long ago that claimed 75% of the US Muslims disapproved of
suicide bombing. That's fine, but it's the other 25% that worry me.

How is suicide bombing more immoral than any other type of bombing? In
late March and April 2003, before the Iraqi occupation resistance had
begun to fight and prove Kenneth Adelman's "cakewalk" prediction and
Bush's "major combat operations have ended" pronouncement wrong, most
USians supporting the bombing of Iraq.

Old August 9th 07, 05:52 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom \Johnny Sunset\ Sherman[_307_]

Bill Sornson wrote:
...(Just in time for -- God Forbid! -- Hillary...

Hillary Clinton is a corporatist

You mean because she trashes Exxon-Mobil while secretly owning its stock?
LOL

and no friend of labor.

Yeah, but Labor doesn't recognize this.

Actually, the Republican's better hope that Hillary Clinton wins the
Democratic nomination, since she turns off labor more than any
Democratic candidate since Joe Lieberman (who has been elected in large
part by cross-voting Republicans).

Why does the
political right hate her so much?

For the same reason the political left loves her so much. (Hint: lies and
opportunism.)

If Sorni knew what he was talking about he would know that no one on the
US left likes Hillary Clinton (and they didn't like Bill either).