The Great Don Quijote of RBM!

Old August 9th 07, 07:26 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
A Muzi

Default We Have a President That Rides A Bike Now!

-snip Mr Lyme Disease-
Tim McNamara wrote:
I also think that Clinton
benefits from the contrast effect with the current President. By
comparison, the Clinton Administration was the shining city on the hill.

First incidence of spewed coffee on keyboard today. That's funny!
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Old August 9th 07, 11:21 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom \Johnny Sunset\ Sherman[_417_]

Bill "Sorni" Sornson wrote:
Bill "Sorni" Sornson wrote:
Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman wrote:
Bill Sornson wrote:
...(Just in time for -- God Forbid! -- Hillary...
Hillary Clinton is a corporatist
You mean because she trashes Exxon-Mobil while secretly owning its
stock? LOL

and no friend of labor.
Yeah, but Labor doesn't recognize this.
Actually, the Republican's better hope that Hillary Clinton wins the
Democratic nomination, since she turns off labor more than any
Democratic candidate since Joe Lieberman (who has been elected in
large part by cross-voting Republicans).

Why does the
political right hate her so much?
For the same reason the political left loves her so much. (Hint:
lies and opportunism.)
If Sorni knew what he was talking about he would know that no one on
the US left likes Hillary Clinton (and they didn't like Bill
either).
You're delusional, Tom. (Otherwise, insightful commentary!)

Hey Sorni,

Go to your library and check out some of the left/progressive
magazines to see what they say about the Clintons. Or just check out
some of the websites of collected opinions. You will hardly find any
support for either of them, other than as the "lesser evil".

Don't believe what the "left" says/writes based on what you hear on
the radio.

So now the "kook lunatic fringe" is mainstream left? Actually, when all all
the leading Dem prez 'dates attend the Cos Convention and skip the moderate
Leadership Council, you might be right.

Nope, what has happened is the Democratic party has been mostly taken
over by the same rich campaign donors, leaving NO MAJOR party to support
labor. Win-win for the moneyed classes, lose-lose for those who work for
a living.

Still, you and all the others will support or at least vote for Hillary,
won't you? Or can Rudy/Mitt/Fred count on you?!? LOL (You won't back
Blumberg in large numbers, since that will elect a Republican.)

I would vote for gene daniels as a write in candidate before voting for
Hillary Clinton.

Bill "too soon to really care about this crap" S.

(PS: You might want to fix your sig file so it's deleted in replies; PITA
to "erase" it every time.)

My signature file starts with "-- ". What is it supposed to start with?

Old August 9th 07, 11:34 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
A Muzi

-snip Hillary-

Bill "Sorni" Sornson wrote:
(PS: You might want to fix your sig file so it's deleted in replies;
PITA to "erase" it every time.)

Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman wrote:
My signature file starts with "-- ". What is it supposed to start with?

Yeah, and why does my 2-line sig sometimes end up all on one line when
quoted? Mysteries abound.
Old August 9th 07, 11:49 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom \Johnny Sunset\ Sherman[_418_]

Andrew Muzi wrote:
-snip Hillary-

Bill "Sorni" Sornson wrote:
(PS: You might want to fix your sig file so it's deleted in replies;
PITA to "erase" it every time.)

Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman wrote:
My signature file starts with "-- ". What is it supposed to start with?

Yeah, and why does my 2-line sig sometimes end up all on one line when
quoted? Mysteries abound.

Note to mention what the latest version of Google does to the
attribution field and it still ignores the signature separator - Google
really aggravated me compared to Thunderbird when my news-feed went down
for a few days.

Old August 10th 07, 12:13 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Clive George

"Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman" wrote in message
.. .
Andrew Muzi wrote:
-snip Hillary-

Bill "Sorni" Sornson wrote:
(PS: You might want to fix your sig file so it's deleted in replies;
PITA to "erase" it every time.)

Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman wrote:
My signature file starts with "-- ". What is it supposed to start with?

Yeah, and why does my 2-line sig sometimes end up all on one line when
quoted? Mysteries abound.

Note to mention what the latest version of Google does to the attribution
field and it still ignores the signature separator - Google really
aggravated me compared to Thunderbird when my news-feed went down for a
few days.

The sig problems are due to you using a free teranews account - they put a
sig on advertising themselves, so you shouldn't put your own on. If you want
to use sigs, use a better news server...

cheers,
clive

Old August 10th 07, 12:19 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom \Johnny Sunset\ Sherman[_419_]

Clive George wrote:
"Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman" wrote in
message .. .
Andrew Muzi wrote:
-snip Hillary-

Bill "Sorni" Sornson wrote:
(PS: You might want to fix your sig file so it's deleted in
replies; PITA to "erase" it every time.)

Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman wrote:
My signature file starts with "-- ". What is it supposed to start with?

Yeah, and why does my 2-line sig sometimes end up all on one line
when quoted? Mysteries abound.

Note to mention what the latest version of Google does to the
attribution field and it still ignores the signature separator -
Google really aggravated me compared to Thunderbird when my news-feed
went down for a few days.

The sig problems are due to you using a free teranews account - they put
a sig on advertising themselves, so you shouldn't put your own on. If
you want to use sigs, use a better news server...

butbutbut, I'm a cheap *******!

Is there a better FREE news server?

Old August 10th 07, 12:21 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
RonSonic

On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 08:49:34 -0700, "Bill Sornson" wrote:

Tim McNamara wrote:
In article ,
"Bill Sornson" wrote:

Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman wrote:
Edward Dolan wrote:

You had better get your head screwed on straight. Hillary was the
wife of Bill, who was a liberal if nothing else.

Only on matters of reproductive/sexual behavior.

Red herring.

You missed the point. Clinton from a policy perspective was quite
conservative. I recently had a chat with someone who worked in
Clinton's budget office, who stated that the Clinton Administration
quietly de-funded hundreds of "liberal" programs and policy
initiatives. Bill Clinton was arguably one of the most successful
Republican presidents of the past 50 years, if examined from a policy
perspective rather than a party affiliation perspective. Clinton
only looked liberal by contrast because Gingrich et al were insane.

So why is he (Clinton) such a rock star among every liberal group out there?
Blind political partisanship (party-based)?

Because the somewhat-liberal outnumber the moonbat-left. The Moonbat faction
hates the Clintons even more than they hate Republicans - hasn't changed much
since the early seventies really, it's the "liberal establishment" that's the
enemy of the people's revolution. Anyway, somewhat-liberals are a lot closer to
the fat part of the bell curve and although it's easy to be misled by the
relative noise levels they vastly outnumber the whackoes.

Bill Clinton, after some serious missteps got his balance and basically governed
as a moderate. Republican partisans hated him for stealing their issues as much
as the carpet chewers hated him for, well, the same thing.

Moderate Democrats know he's the only Dem to get elected to two full terms since
television and love him for it. Unfortunately they're allowing their party to be
dragged off by the same collection of leftover hippies, rage junkies and protest
sex addicts that's been losing all those other elections for them.

Ron
Old August 10th 07, 12:24 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom \Johnny Sunset\ Sherman[_420_]

RonSonic wrote:
On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 08:49:34 -0700, "Bill Sornson" wrote:

Tim McNamara wrote:

Edward Dolan wrote:
[...]

Yeah, the Republicans are better at "purging" voter rolls and at
"counting" votes.

Of course, the 5 whackos that voted for Bush in 2000 must have known
they were doing wrong, since they said their decision should not be used
to establish future precedent.

Old August 10th 07, 12:25 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Bill Sornson

Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman wrote:

My signature file starts with "-- ". What is it supposed to start
with?

After seeing Andrew's reply, I think I spotted the difference: his sig
delineator (if that's the right word) goes directly below his last text,
while you put a blank line ("return") in first. His sig disappears if I hit
Reply; yours doesn't.

Bill "I just deleted it...again" S.
--
Getting older is like riding a bicycle, if you don't keep peddling, you'll
fall.

Old August 10th 07, 12:26 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Clive George

"RonSonic" wrote in message

Moderate Democrats know he's the only Dem to get elected to two full terms
since
television and love him for it. Unfortunately they're allowing their party
to be
dragged off by the same collection of leftover hippies, rage junkies and
protest
sex addicts that's been losing all those other elections for them.

Oooh, so the Democrats are full of protest sex addicts? Where do I join up?
(What does a protest sex addict do? Lots of shagging while saying "ban the
bomb" and the like?)

cheers,
clive