The Great Don Quijote of RBM!

Old August 10th 07, 01:58 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
A Muzi

Default We Have a President That Rides A Bike Now!

"RonSonic" wrote:
Moderate Democrats know he's the only Dem to get elected to two full
terms since
television and love him for it. Unfortunately they're allowing their
party to be
dragged off by the same collection of leftover hippies, rage junkies
and protest
sex addicts that's been losing all those other elections for them.

Clive George wrote:
Oooh, so the Democrats are full of protest sex addicts? Where do I join
up? (What does a protest sex addict do? Lots of shagging while saying
"ban the bomb" and the like?)

Been there. Done that. You didn't miss much.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Old August 10th 07, 03:29 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
RonSonic

Clive George wrote:
Oooh, so the Democrats are full of protest sex addicts? Where do I join
up? (What does a protest sex addict do? Lots of shagging while saying
"ban the bomb" and the like?)

Been there. Done that. You didn't miss much.

And why was it always the wrong women who thought it should be a top optional
event.

Ron
Old August 10th 07, 05:21 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom \Johnny Sunset\ Sherman[_459_]

Bill Sornson of Pre-retirement Ink wrote:
Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman wrote:
Bill Sornson of Pre-retirement Ink wrote:
Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman wrote:
Bill Sornson wrote:
Clive George wrote:

The sig problems are due to you using a free teranews account -
they put a sig on advertising themselves, so you shouldn't put
your own on. If you want to use sigs, use a better news server...

Ah, ha! By (Clive) George, you've solved the case.
That doesn't make sense - only the first separator should matter
[1]. [1] Works this way for Thunderbird.

I see your sig in gray (faded), too. BUT, I think most newsreaders
only delete the text after the /last/ separator. (See how your sig
appears above, which the auto-ad is gone?)

Bill "you're delaying my nap time" S.

I think Sorni's problem is that he is using micro$oft Outlook Express,
which has some weird functions. Or the problem could be with micro$oft
MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3138.

I think Johnny's problem is that he's reverting to third-person
people-addressing! LOL

Bill "like, whatever, dude" S.

Readers of rec.bicycles.misc, rec.bicycles.tech, rec.bicycles.soc,
uk.rec.cycling and alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent:

Mr. Sherman finds it odd that Mr. Sornson does not realize that messages
here are posted to a GROUP and not to an INDIVIDUAL.

Furthermore, Mr. Sherman finds it odd (well, maybe not) that multiple
signature separators cause a problem for micro$oft Outlook Express,
since Thunderbird handles them properly.

Old August 11th 07, 12:17 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Edward Dolan

"Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman" wrote in message
.. .
Bill "Sorni" Sornson wrote:
Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman wrote:
Bill Sornson wrote:
...(Just in time for -- God Forbid! -- Hillary...
Hillary Clinton is a corporatist
You mean because she trashes Exxon-Mobil while secretly owning its
stock? LOL

and no friend of labor.
Yeah, but Labor doesn't recognize this.
Actually, the Republican's better hope that Hillary Clinton wins the
Democratic nomination, since she turns off labor more than any
Democratic candidate since Joe Lieberman (who has been elected in
large part by cross-voting Republicans).

Why does the
political right hate her so much?
For the same reason the political left loves her so much. (Hint: lies
and opportunism.)
If Sorni knew what he was talking about he would know that no one on
the US left likes Hillary Clinton (and they didn't like Bill either).

You're delusional, Tom. (Otherwise, insightful commentary!)

Hey Sorni,

Go to your library and check out some of the left/progressive magazines to
see what they say about the Clintons. Or just check out some of the
websites of collected opinions. You will hardly find any support for
either of them, other than as the "lesser evil".

Don't believe what the "left" says/writes based on what you hear on the
radio.

The far left is totally wacko and only equally wacko nuts like Tom Sherman
would ever reference them.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old August 11th 07, 12:27 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Edward Dolan

Bill Sornson wrote:
Clive George wrote:

The sig problems are due to you using a free teranews account - they
put a sig on advertising themselves, so you shouldn't put your own
on. If you want to use sigs, use a better news server...
Ah, ha! By (Clive) George, you've solved the case.
That doesn't make sense - only the first separator should matter [1].

[1] Works this way for Thunderbird.

I see your sig in gray (faded), too. BUT, I think most newsreaders only
delete the text after the /last/ separator. (See how your sig appears
above, which the auto-ad is gone?)

Bill "you're delaying my nap time" S.

I think Sorni's problem is that he is using micro$oft Outlook Express,
which has some weird functions. Or the problem could be with micro$oft
MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3138.

And why the hell don't you use Outlook Express like I do if your ISP
supports it? All this crap about getting around Microsoft is for idiots.
Hells Bells, if it works, then use it!

Old August 11th 07, 01:52 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
RonSonic

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 04:11:14 GMT, still me wrote:

On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 19:21:02 -0400, RonSonic
wrote:

Moderate Democrats know he's the only Dem to get elected to two full terms since
television and love him for it. Unfortunately they're allowing their party to be
dragged off by the same collection of leftover hippies, rage junkies and protest
sex addicts that's been losing all those other elections for them.

While I disagree with your characterization of the people who run the
Dems, you are correct that they let the most liberal faction of the
party control the candidates. They're too stupid to figure out that
you have to run candidates who draw votes from more that your core
(since the core was voting for you already, and that' only 45% in any
election). Duh.

I'll claim a little artistic leeway on that description - more for color than
precision, but only somewhate exaggerated.

They've already shown ther stupidity this time around - expect a
cakewalk for the Rep's. The only thing they have going for them is the
fact that Bush is a moron, has violated the Constitution multiple
times, got us into a pointless war, and has the most corrupt
administration since Nixon. Even all that is probably just enough to
make it a "contest" unless the Dem's dump Hillary and Obama and run a
candidate that can draw votes from beyond their core (a Southerner).

The Democrats can continue to run against Bush, and probably will, but inasmuch
as he won't be the other name on the ballot it'll be largely wasted. I actually
consider Hillary to be a significant and substantial candidate - a bit short in
the personal charm department maybe but a far more serious person than the last
two stuffed senatorial shirts they trotted out. Unfortunately for her she will
likely come out of this insanely long primary having adopted enough leftish
coloration to leave her unelectable by the general public.

Southerner would help, anybody from the Midwest wouldn't hurt, and I mean the
real midwest where they still have some factories and railyards and cows, not
Chicago. They keep getting alliances with union officials and think that's the
same as having the union vote and it isn't the same thing at all. Even now there
aren't enough government workers for that to succeed. Over the decades the
Republican party has evolved into a creature that feeds on New England liberals.

George Foreman says fights are about styles and tactics, who has the right style
to counter the other guy's game, who uses his particular skills to advantage.
Let's see how this plays out.

Ron
Old August 11th 07, 02:00 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom \Johnny Sunset\ Sherman[_485_]

Bill Sornson wrote:
Clive George wrote:

[...]

Why should I use "Outhouse Express" (and "Internet Exploder" for that
matter) when more functional program exist? Besides, the great market
share for micro$oft means that most of the computer nasties going around
are aimed as their products.

--
Tom "Mozilla" Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia

Old August 11th 07, 02:06 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Keats

"Tim McNamara" wrote in message
In article ,
"Keats" wrote:

"We" may wonder, but "I" don't wonder, because I got the straight
skinny right from the horse's mouth. According to bin Laden it's
because we are "infidels". And they will continue to hate us until
we "come to Islam" and live under Sharia law. He has never once
indicated it's because we aren't "nice" to them. In fact, in a jihad
holy war "being nice" is considered weakness to be exploited.

That is the simplistic construction but I think it has a lot going for
it. The "death tapes" produced by various suicide bombers have made it
quite clear what their motivation is. I see no reason to disbelieve
their simple, clear, fervent statements. Bush is wrong again- "they"
don't "hate us for our freedom," They hate us because we are not
Muslim. They hate us for supporting Israel over the Palestinians. They
hate us because of the failure of much of the Middle East to get out of
the Middle Ages, for which it is easier to blame the modern world than
the strictures of the extremist elements of Islam which prevent
modernizing. There are other economic, social and cultural factors as
well, which allow for the rampant, virulently hate-filled version of
Islam to exist.

By comparison there are many moderate Muslims whom I have met, primarily
through work. They are pleasant, generous people who work hard. They
are typically quiet and unassuming, a bit outside of the American
mainstream and aware of it but not necessarily uncomfortable with it-
and more than willing to explain their understanding of their religion
with people who ask about it with sincerity.

Here are some web sites to help with your Muslim studies:

www.religion-of-peace-blows-up-mosques.com
www.religion-of-peace-blows-up-nightclubs.com
http://www.religion-of-peace-blows-u...ebuildings.org
www.religion-of-peace-stones-young-girls.com
www.religion-of-peace-blows-up-buses.org
www.religion-of-peace-stones-married-women.com
www.religion-of-peace-stones-homosexuals.com
http://www.religion-of-peace-sues-at...p-of-a-hat.com

snip
You do realize we are in a religious war with fundamentalist Islam
don't you?

However, I would quibble with your use of the term "fundamentalist
Islam" and would instead suggest "radical Islamists." Fundamentalists
are not necessarily radicals and radicals usually have twisted the
fundamentals of a faith to suit their agenda. We see it in the US with
the Christianists too, the main difference being that they are not
currently as violent as the radical Islamists. They have been in the
past, however- just tonight on TV I watched a member of the Ku Klux Klan
proudly proclaim that the KKK was a "terror group" 40 years ago. They
often justify their terrorism with perversions of Christian theology.

I would say that I fear the American Christianists more than I fear the
radical Islamists. For one thing, the Christianists are just as nuts;
for another, there are far more of them than Islamists in the US.

You start out being fairly rational but then you drift so far out in left
field there's no reeling you in. Go hide under you bed so the Christians
won't find you.

Keats

Old August 11th 07, 02:58 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Edward Dolan

Bill Sornson wrote:
Clive George wrote:

[...]

Others are complaining about the form of your posts. No one, so far as I
know, is complaining about the form of my posts. Microsoft must be doing
something right!

Old August 11th 07, 03:52 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Bill Sornson

wrote:

[...]

You're discounting the rockstar status of the Clinton name, plus the
outright fawning support of the mainstream media. (Note its absolute
refusal to ask her a pointed question about anything -- with the possible
exception of "soft" issues like gay marraige in the recent farcical
"debate".)

Southerner would help, anybody from the Midwest wouldn't hurt, and I
mean the real midwest where they still have some factories and
railyards and cows, not Chicago. They keep getting alliances with
union officials and think that's the same as having the union vote
and it isn't the same thing at all. Even now there aren't enough
government workers for that to succeed. Over the decades the
Republican party has evolved into a creature that feeds on New
England liberals.

That's one reason I doubt that Obama will be her VP choice. (That plus the
fact that his ONLY distinguishing trait is his race -- which is mixed at
that. If he were just another white freshman Senator, no one would know who
the heck he is.)

George Foreman says fights are about styles and tactics, who has the
right style to counter the other guy's game, who uses his particular
skills to advantage. Let's see how this plays out.

Indeed. Should be interesting. (But it's still so freaking EARLY to even
be talking about!)