The Great Don Quijote of RBM!

Old August 14th 07, 07:54 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Edward Dolan

Default We Have a President That Rides A Bike Now!

"Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman" wrote in message
.. .
Bill "Sorni" Sornson wrote:
Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman wrote:

The Republicans have to deal with the fact that they have dominated
national politics for a quarter century, had most of the economic
agenda implemented, yet only those who were rich before hand are
doing better.

You love just making up stuff, doncha? (Whattsa matter, your Google
broke or something?!?)

Real wages have dropped for all but the very top of the middle class,
while working hours grow longer.

If you think quality of life can be measured solely by the stock market
and per capita GNP, you are an idiot or a tool of the neo-feudal class.

Even though the corporate media is dominated by pundits
that bleat the regressive economic case, people will still look at
their own lives and see that things are not going right for them.

Record high home ownership, record low unemployment, high consumer
confidence, low inflation... Darn those pesky facts!

Record high personal debt and lower home ownership equity.

Living wage jobs replaced by low wage jobs, requiring 2 to 3 times the
labor per family as 40 years ago.

More work and less free time for a lower wage.

Great wealth accumulation by less than 1% or the population at the expense
of the other 99%.

Only in the land of corporate talk radio and news are things going well.

If you don't acquire an education and/or a skill, you deserve everything
that happens to you. Hells Bells, we need plenty of poor folks so that those
of us who are not poor can feel good about ourselves. Most folks are poor
because they are more into ****ing than anything else. Why Mr. Sherman, an
educated professional civil engineer with a good job, sympathizes with such
slobs is one for the books!

“Twisting may help if yawl can chew gum and walk.” - gene daniels

It beats your Spam Line, I'll give you that...

Hey Sorni, why don't you complain about the SPAM lines of other people who
are actually trying to sell something and personally profit by it?
Hypocrisy?

Better yet, let us all get together and do something about the execrable
Peter Clinch of Dundee, Scotland. He has the worst signature of anyone on
Usenet. Others should learn to be modest and unassuming like me.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old August 14th 07, 07:56 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Edward Dolan

"still me" wrote in message
On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 18:55:01 -0500, "Tom \"Johnny Sunset\" Sherman"
wrote:

On the other hand, maybe many of the blue collar evangelicals have
started to figure out that not only are they screwing themselves
economically by voting Republican, but the Republicans have only paid
lip services to their social agenda. They may just decide to stay home
at election time.

But they're easily fooled. As soon as the Rep's start their rhetoric
machine, the common man starts sucking it up. I give credit to the
Republicans for pushing this strategy over decades - the real rich get
richer and richer, the middle man gets a farthing. But, the people
keep sucking it up.

The Republicans have to deal with the fact that they have dominated
national politics for a quarter century, had most of the economic agenda
implemented, yet only those who were rich before hand are doing better.
Even though the corporate media is dominated by pundits that bleat the
regressive economic case, people will still look at their own lives and
see that things are not going right for them.

I don't think "the people" are all that sharp. They typically ignore
the facts (since they never read and they live on sound bites) and
listen to the noise from the pols. At certain times they reach
overload and react, but I don't know if we've reached that point.

Has it ever occurred to you that we get the government that we deserve?

Old August 14th 07, 08:06 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Edward Dolan

"still me" wrote in message
On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 07:53:30 -0700, "Bill Sornson"
wrote:

As usual you have it exactly backwards. The "common man" as you call it
falls for the Dem's rhetoric -- and has over decades -- leading to
dependent
places like New Orleans and impoverished inner cities. They are virtually
ALL run by Democrats, and have been for generations.

Backwards? Why, because it doesn't agree with your ideological
infatuation and you refuse to take an objective look at the issue?

First, I think of the common man as a Joe Walsh's Ordinary Average
Guy. You're referencing the low income urban guy. The Dem's get them
because they sponsor all sorts of programs for them. The Dem's
actually care - the definition of bleeding heart.

Many thanks for the good laugh Still Me! The Dems do not care at all about
the poor. Hells Bells, they want to keep them poor forever so they can
establish their welfare state, over which they will preside forever of
course.

The Republicans play it another way, throwing little tidbits and
rhetoric to the Ordinary Average Guy while reaping huge benefits for
the super rich. The Republicans play it much better.

How well are they working?

Has nothing to do with this thread.

When people won't leave their houses to escape hurricanes unless the
government shows up and walks 'em out -- or use millions of available
dollars to FIX THINGS instead of start "programs" -- you might be
right...but not in the way you think.

"I won't leave my home unless forced to" is NOT a party specific
concept.

You really come across as a social class bigot.

You come across as one of the greatest idiots ever to infest Usenet.
Congratulations as these groups are rife with idiots who are almost your
equal, but not quite.

Old August 14th 07, 08:17 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Edward Dolan

"Keats" wrote in message
. ..

"Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman" wrote in message
.. .
"still me" wrote:
On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 08:52:55 -0400, RonSonic
wrote:

The Democrats can continue to run against Bush, and probably will, but
inasmuch
as he won't be the other name on the ballot it'll be largely wasted.

Most of that candidates on the Rep side endorse most of his positions.
So, running against him will work as a strategy.
I actually
consider Hillary to be a significant and substantial candidate - a bit
short in
the personal charm department maybe but a far more serious person than
the last
two stuffed senatorial shirts they trotted out. Unfortunately for her
she will
likely come out of this insanely long primary having adopted enough
leftish
coloration to leave her unelectable by the general public.

She brings all of Bill's baggage with her. His positives only help
with the core audience. She might gain some women's votes but she
loses those who would never vote for a women. I think she's a loser.
Southerner would help, anybody from the Midwest wouldn't hurt, and I
mean the
real midwest where they still have some factories and railyards and
cows, not
Chicago.

They need a real Southerner. I don't think Hillary qualifies. They
don't seem to understand that the South has finally gotten over it's
Lincoln era "we're not Republicans" bias and now votes Republican.
They keep getting alliances with union officials and think that's the
same as having the union vote and it isn't the same thing at all. Even
now there
aren't enough government workers for that to succeed. Over the decades
the
Republican party has evolved into a creature that feeds on New England
liberals.

Or looking at it the other way - the Dem's haven't yet figured out
that a Northern Liberal is not going to win. Advantage Republicans....

--

Reality appears to be somewhat different from the way Johnny Sunset sees
the rich and the not so rich. The Third Way, a strategy group to advance

"The report examined exit polling data from 2004 federal races and makes
five main findings:

• White middle income voters (who constitute one-third of the electorate),
delivered landslide margins to Republicans. The economic tipping point —
the income level at which whites were more likely to vote Republican than
Democrat — was $23,700, not far above the poverty level. Moreover, white
middle class and white wealthy class voters conferred the same towering
majorities to Republicans.

a.. Unlike other voters, blacks conferred overwhelming majorities to
Democrats, regardless of income level.
a.. A rapidly growing Hispanic middle class is leaving the Democratic
Party.
a.. With the exception of those with graduate degrees, education level
does not predict voting behavior. Education level predicts income, which
predicts voting behavior.
a.. The entrance of married women into the middle class led to a dramatic
increase in Republican support."

The primary cause of poverty in this nation is due to unconstrained ****ing,
especially by teenagers who are unmarried. These women (girls really) are
then stuck with babies and do not have a chance of ever being anything but
poor. This kind of behavior goes on from one generation to the next. Keeping
your legs closed until marriage would virtually solved the poverty problem
in America. Thus spake Zarathustra!

Old August 14th 07, 08:35 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Edward Dolan

"still me" wrote in message
On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 19:52:36 -0500, "Keats" wrote:

If there is a "national emergency" created from the blow-back of
attacking
Iran, will there be an election in 2008?

--

Well that could be upsetting to some people who had their hearts set on
voting. How long do you think Bush and Cheney would have to stay in

They floated that Constitutional horror last time around. It's
incredible that anyone can support them at this point.

There is nothing finer in this world than to see America kicking ass all
over the world. The reason why this is so is that the entire rest of the
world is composed of cowardly cretins. I give you La Belle France as a
perfect illustration of this phenomenon. Yea, we should drop some atom bombs
on France. I would put one right on Napoleon's tomb in Paris. It would do my
old heart good to see tens of millions of ****ing French assholes going up
in a mushroom cloud. Oh happy day!

After I have atom bombed France off the face of the earth, I would then
proceed to drop an atom bomb on Tom Sherman's head. He does not deserve to
live since he is such a cowardly liberal.

Old August 14th 07, 02:52 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Keats

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
news:EsOdnZiPOc3RylzbnZ2dnUVZ_vumnZ2d@prairiewave. com...
. ..

[...]

Others, EXCULDING, of course, the likes of Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton, Left
Secular Progressives, many democrats, and other assorted poverity pimps,
have said pretty much the same thing. Here's how Walter Williams,
syndicated columnist and Professor of Economics at George Mason University,
put it:

"Avoiding long-term poverty is not rocket science. First, graduate from high
school. Second, get married before you have children, and stay married.
Third, work at any kind of job, even one that starts out paying the minimum
wage. And, finally, avoid engaging in criminal behavior. If you graduate
from high school today with a B or C average, in most places in our country
there's a low-cost or financially assisted post-high-school education
program available to increase your skills.
Statistically this is true. Obviously avoiding poverty are choices best
made early in life. Obviously, you can't let yourself be sucked into
victimhood by those whose self interest it is to have you in poverty so they
can be your poverty pimp, or have you in their voter constituency, or just
feel good about themselves such as some social workers and other non-
helpful do-gooders. The choices to not be poor come easy and natural for
most people brought up in a non-poverty family, but if you are born into
poverty you will most likely need outside influence to get you off the
poverty track in as much as there are powerful forces working from within
to keep you in place.

Keats

Old August 14th 07, 05:46 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Bill Sornson

Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman wrote:

What about when the local government uses weapons to keep black people
from crossing a bridge to get away from the natural disaster?

Key word: LOCAL government. (The same one that had many hundreds of buses
that never got used.)

Hint: A lot of these people did not have private motor vehicles to
leave in.

There were days' warnings, if only Nagin had acted.

The worse thing that happened was that it APPEARED to not be so bad at
first. Everyone let down their guard, thinking they had dodged a bullet.
(Hell, Bourbon Street was biz as usual the day after.) THEN the levees gave
way and the waters rose.

The whole thing was a cluster-quack.

Old August 15th 07, 12:54 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom \Johnny Sunset\ Sherman[_622_]

wrote:

[...]

Wow! Ed Dolan is actually right about something.

"I didn't expect a kind of Spanish Inquisition"

Old August 15th 07, 12:59 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom \Johnny Sunset\ Sherman[_623_]

Edward Dolan wrote:
. ..
wrote:

[...]

[Yawn]

Fighting biology is stupid. The much more sexually liberal Benelux and
Scandinavian countries have much lower rates of teen pregnancy and
venereal diseases than the US. All "abstinence based sex education" does
is insure teens will be ignorant of how to protect themselves when they
do have sex.

On the other hand, "abstinence based sex education" appeals to the
non-thinking social conservatives when presented in a 30-second sound
bite - the actual outcome of the policy be damned.

"I didn't expect a kind of Spanish Inquisition"

Old August 15th 07, 01:02 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom \Johnny Sunset\ Sherman[_625_]

(not Tom) Keats wrote:
[...]

Another person who obviously knows no inner city black people and
therefore has no understanding of how the legacy of slavery and Jim Crow
has produced a dysfunctional culture.

Rich white people created the problem, then they turn around and blame
the victims.

"I didn't expect a kind of Spanish Inquisition"