What would the Devil have driven?

Old January 10th 08, 01:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Gary[_3_]

Default What would the Devil have driven?

"George Conklin" wrote in message

"Just A User" wrote in message
donquijote1954 wrote:
Since it's pretty much settled that Jesus would have ridden a bike,
let's debate now what the Devil would have driven...

Since when was it decided that the son of god would have ridden a bike.
Personally I don't believe in any of the whole supreme being deal or the
devil for that matter. But if I did I would say the devil would have
driven something with an evil sounding name like "Viper"

Actually God drove a Plymouth, because it says in the bible, "And in his
Fury he drove them out."

I thought he drove a Honda, because "He gathered His disciples in an
Accord".

Old January 10th 08, 01:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Amy Blankenship

"Just A User" wrote in message
donquijote1954 wrote:
Since it's pretty much settled that Jesus would have ridden a bike,
let's debate now what the Devil would have driven...

Since when was it decided that the son of god would have ridden a bike.
Personally I don't believe in any of the whole supreme being deal or the
devil for that matter. But if I did I would say the devil would have
driven something with an evil sounding name like "Viper"

Actually God drove a Plymouth, because it says in the bible, "And in his
Fury he drove them out."

Is that with the police interceptor transmission or the regular production
transmission?

Old January 10th 08, 02:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc, alt.planning.urban, rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides, uk.rec.cycling
Ron Wallenfang

On Jan 9, 4:25 pm, donquijote1954 wrote:
Since it's pretty much settled that Jesus would have ridden a bike,
let's debate now what the Devil would have driven...

On Jan 9, 12:22 pm, "David V." wrote:

donquijote1954 wrote:
I thought he drove an SUV.

"The Devil" does not exist. But you do remind me of Don Quixote.
His SUV polluted too.

DonQuixote rode a horse, Rocinante, and Sancho rode a donkey, like
Jesus.

The Devil does not exist but Christians are often found doing evil
things. I have no doubt in my mind though that the Devil would have
driven an SUV if he existed.

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLEhttp://webspawner.com/users/donquijote

Are you the Bill Maher of rec.bicycles???? There are higher callings.
Old January 10th 08, 02:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc, alt.planning.urban, rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides, uk.rec.cycling
landotter

On Jan 9, 4:25 pm, donquijote1954 wrote:
Since it's pretty much settled that Jesus would have ridden a bike,
let's debate now what the Devil would have driven...

Cigarette boat on a lake of diarrhea. The doomed are immersed up to
their chins!
Old January 10th 08, 02:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Leo Lichtman

"Ron Wallenfang" wrote: (clip) demoniacs can carry on all the normal
activities of daily life, and
that surely includes riding a bike.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You're serious, aren't you?

Old January 10th 08, 03:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Scott M. Kozel

donquijote1954 wrote:

Since it's pretty much settled that Jesus would have ridden a bike,
let's debate now what the Devil would have driven...

Either a red horse, or a pale horse ...

--
Scott M. Kozel Highway and Transportation History Websites
Virginia/Maryland/Washington, D.C. http://www.roadstothefuture.com

Old January 10th 08, 03:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc, alt.planning.urban, rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides, uk.rec.cycling
donquijote1954

(Sorry to recycle this article but I must clear any suspicions that I
hate the Devil)

On Jan 9, 7:13 pm, "David V." wrote:
The Devil does not exist but Christians are often found doing
evil things. I have no doubt in my mind though that the Devil
would have driven an SUV if he existed.

Sounds like a personal problem to me.

You still have not given me a rational reason for your strange
hatred of SUVs.

Well, my hatred of SUVs is the same Christians have for the Devil.
Only more comprehensible since I go for the evil in it, not the person
(even if he's the Devil himself).

Now, in my dictionary killing people (even if casually) is evil, and
so is polluting the environment...

'If we want to repeat the mistakes of history or waste money on new
frivolities that will soon become "necessities" and "rights," that's
our business and we have one of the few economies capable of
repeatediy recovering from such folly. There are more serious matters
though, matters of right and wrong - ethics to be considered. I
contend that casually participating in the SUV fad is wrong.

The two reasons I hear for buying an SUV seem to be that: 1) being
high, they provide a better view; and 2) they are safe.

They are surely high. Until recently they provided a better view. That
is, until the roads became littered with them. Once the road is truly
full of SUVs, will any of the drivers have a better view? Of course
not. We're right back where we started. There is an ethical principle
that one should not make something harder for the next person who
comes along. Simply elevating your seat level makes it harder for the
next guy to see as well as you say you need to. This makes you part of
the problem. By the time everyone can see as well as you, no one can
see well any more because all the vehicles are tall. What's next?
Still higher vehicles? Periscopes?

The safety issue with SUVs is very troublesome. It's well known that
SUVs roll over more easily, but owners and potential owners are thick
to this, so there's no point in working it too hard. Let's also only
touch on the fact that these big, heavy vehicles will be hitting each
other more often as their numbers increase, resulting in high-energy
collisions where everybody loses. The real problem, though, is much
more serious than this.

The whole idea of "safe" SUVs requires dedicating oneself to
viciousness or deception. SUVs may be the first product ever
engineered to kill more people which has been successfully marketed
chiefly because e' its safety. In my use of the English Iangu age,
safer things do not in sum cause less safety. You can't have the
safety of an SUv without the danger it manifests to ethers. It's a
package.'

http://www.robreid.com/info/suv.html
Old January 10th 08, 03:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc, alt.planning.urban, rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides, uk.rec.cycling
donquijote1954

On Jan 9, 5:41*pm, "Amy Blankenship"
wrote:
I'm not of any religious persuasion that is easy to explain, but I find the
fact that you keep making all sorts of flames based on religion is getting
to be a little offensive.

Amy, my attack is not against religion, just hypocrisy. But you would
find the same spirit in some of the best known American
personalities...

"The motto stated a lie. If this nation has ever trusted in God, that
time has gone by; for nearly half a century almost its entire trust
has been in the Republican party and the dollar--mainly the dollar. I
recognize that I am only making an assertion and furnishing no proof;
I am sorry, but this is a habit of mine; sorry also that I am not
alone in it; everybody seems to have this disease."
- Mark Twain in Eruption
Old January 10th 08, 03:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc, alt.planning.urban, rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides, uk.rec.cycling
donquijote1954

On Jan 9, 6:09*pm, wrote:
In rec.bicycles.misc Just A User wrote:

donquijote1954 wrote:
Since it's pretty much settled that Jesus would have ridden a bike,
let's debate now what the Devil would have driven...

* *Hoo sez the Devil doesn't exist! *I saw him just the other day, driving
a six-wheeled Ford F-350, all alone, tailgating and talking on a cell
phone.

Did he have the bumper sticker "God is my co-pilot"?

Hand driven Unicycle fontiminal Unicycling 15 December 11th 08 10:45 AM
What would the Devil have driven? donquijote1954 General 109 January 22nd 08 02:28 AM
chain driven question tjheller Unicycling 7 November 8th 06 07:02 AM
Chain driven dynamo? Chris Eilbeck UK 8 September 28th 06 06:36 PM
Chain driven question glopal Unicycling 5 September 13th 03 02:04 PM