What would the Devil have driven?

Old January 10th 08, 03:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc, alt.planning.urban, rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides, uk.rec.cycling
donquijote1954

Default What would the Devil have driven?

On Jan 9, 7:15*pm, William wrote:
On Jan 9, 4:25 pm, donquijote1954 wrote:

Since it's pretty much settled that Jesus would have ridden a bike,
let's debate now what the Devil would have driven...

On Jan 9, 12:22 pm, "David V." wrote:

donquijote1954 wrote:
I thought he drove an SUV.

"The Devil" does not exist. *But you do remind me of Don Quixote.
His SUV polluted too.

DonQuixote rode a horse, Rocinante, and Sancho rode a donkey, like
Jesus.

The Devil does not exist but Christians are often found doing evil
things. I have no doubt in my mind though that the Devil would have
driven an SUV if he existed.

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLEhttp://webspawner.com/users/donquijote

Your just one of many who have been tricked by the devil.- Hide quoted text -

The Devil is always disguised. That's why people don't run when they
see him coming. And often he uses tinted windows.

Old January 10th 08, 03:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc, alt.planning.urban, rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides, uk.rec.cycling
donquijote1954

On Jan 9, 8:25*pm, "John Smith" wrote:
"Just A User" wrote in ...

donquijote1954 wrote:
Since it's pretty much settled that Jesus would have ridden a bike,
let's debate now what the Devil would have driven...

Since when was it decided that the son of god would have ridden a bike.
Personally I don't believe in any of the whole supreme being deal or the
devil for that matter. But if I did I would say the devil would have
driven something with an evil sounding name like "Viper"

The devil was recently seen in NY at the UN, one could still smell the
sulfur for quite some time after he left.

JS

You too are "Chavista"?
Old January 10th 08, 03:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc, alt.planning.urban, rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides, uk.rec.cycling
donquijote1954

On Jan 9, 12:22 pm, "David V." wrote:

donquijote1954 wrote:
I thought he drove an SUV.

"The Devil" does not exist. *But you do remind me of Don Quixote.
His SUV polluted too.

DonQuixote rode a horse, Rocinante, and Sancho rode a donkey, like
Jesus.

The Devil does not exist but Christians are often found doing evil
things. I have no doubt in my mind though that the Devil would have
driven an SUV if he existed.

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLEhttp://webspawner.com/users/donquijote

Are you the Bill Maher of rec.bicycles???? * There are higher callings.- Hide quoted text -

Just voices. Must be that Jesus is coming soon on a bike.
Old January 10th 08, 03:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc, alt.planning.urban, rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides, uk.rec.cycling
donquijote1954

On Jan 9, 10:10*pm, "Scott M. Kozel" wrote:
donquijote1954 wrote:

Since it's pretty much settled that Jesus would have ridden a bike,
let's debate now what the Devil would have driven...

Either a red horse, or a pale horse ...

I thought Jesus would come on a white horse and the Devil in a Hummer.
Old January 10th 08, 03:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc, rec.bicycles.soc, rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Ron Wallenfang

On Jan 9, 8:57 pm, "Leo Lichtman" wrote:
"Ron Wallenfang" wrote: (clip) demoniacs can carry on all the normal

activities of daily life, and that surely includes riding a bike.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You're serious, aren't you?

Yes and no. I'm convinced there's a devil; daily temptations confirm
that. I'm logically convinced that demonic possession happens, from
the teaching of the Church, scripture and an amount of anecdotal
reading. But I'm not a student of the subject. I can't see a
specific bicycle ride by (or stop) and diagnose demonic possession.
I've experienced a number of possible "candidates", but cannot easily
make the prudential judgment that any given one needs an exorcist as
opposed to a psychiatrist or a swift kick in the rear end. See
chapter 5 of Scott Peck's "People of the Lie" for the evolution of
that psychiatrist's thought on the subject.
Old January 10th 08, 04:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc, alt.planning.urban, rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides, uk.rec.cycling
Ron Wallenfang

On Jan 9, 9:29 pm, donquijote1954 wrote:

"I contend that casually participating in the SUV fad is wrong."

You've made a lot of assumptions, both morally and factually, that
need to be established. Your exposition in the post barely scratches
the surface. Like Vandemann in his anti-off road biking stuff, you've
got some valid points, but you've exaggerated them beyond all reason.
Old January 10th 08, 04:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Scott M. Kozel

donquijote1954 wrote:

"Scott M. Kozel" wrote:
donquijote1954 wrote:

Since it's pretty much settled that Jesus would have ridden a bike,
let's debate now what the Devil would have driven...

Either a red horse, or a pale horse ...

I thought Jesus would come on a white horse and the Devil in a Hummer.

No, Satan would come on a train.
Old January 10th 08, 04:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc, alt.planning.urban, rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides, uk.rec.cycling
landotter

On Jan 9, 4:41 pm, "Amy Blankenship"
wrote:
I'm not of any religious persuasion that is easy to explain, but I find the
fact that you keep making all sorts of flames based on religion is getting
to be a little offensive.

Religion is a belief in nonsense, as such, it should develop a thicker
skin, and less of an attitude. On my local newspaper's message boards,
nearly half the messages are religious folks condemning others.
Strangely enough, when one responds in kind, one is labeled as
intolerant.

You may be born black or white or taupe, but last I checked, the
doctor doesn't lift a mysterious flesh flap when you're born and
assert, "this one's a Hindu centrist."

While one shouldn't be required to respect religion, tolerance is a
good friendly thing to practice, however, laughs trump tolerance.

Old January 10th 08, 04:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc, alt.planning.urban, rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides, uk.rec.cycling
landotter

On Jan 9, 9:21 pm, Ozark Bicycle
wrote:
On Jan 9, 8:43 pm, landotter wrote:

On Jan 9, 4:25 pm, donquijote1954 wrote:

Since it's pretty much settled that Jesus would have ridden a bike,
let's debate now what the Devil would have driven...

Cigarette boat on a lake of diarrhea. The doomed are immersed up to
their chins!

Chins? Ears!!

Jeez, talk about the neck strain!
Old January 10th 08, 04:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ZBicyclist

Ron Wallenfang wrote:

The devil probably rides a bicycle from time to time.

These models might be suitable, including the Jamis Diablo:
http://sheldonbrown.com/evilbike.html

Hand driven Unicycle fontiminal Unicycling 15 December 11th 08 10:45 AM
What would the Devil have driven? donquijote1954 General 109 January 22nd 08 02:28 AM
chain driven question tjheller Unicycling 7 November 8th 06 07:02 AM
Chain driven dynamo? Chris Eilbeck UK 8 September 28th 06 06:36 PM
Chain driven question glopal Unicycling 5 September 13th 03 02:04 PM