Reckless, Aggressive Drivers: Homegrown Terrorists

Old February 19th 08, 04:52 PM posted to alt.scooter,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic
donquijote1954

Default Reckless, Aggressive Drivers: Homegrown Terrorists

I've vowed to fight terrorism... ROAD TERRORISM. It's not even that I
go looking for trouble, trouble looks for me, and sometimes for those
near me.

Anyway, the first "accident" (see book "It's No Accident") happened to
a neighbor of mine who, like me, rides a scooter. Well, she started
from the green light when a car ran the light and... smashed leg and
who knows what else. Beautiful lady, beautiful no more. And she was
lucky it wasn't an SUV with their raised "macho" bumpers... Well, the
guy did stop (wasn't she lucky?) and was very sorry. But chances are
he was speeding, or on the cell phone or trying to beat the light or
everything at once. Everybody does it, right?

Well the second incident was really minor compared to this one, but
happened to my girlfriend with whom I was riding bike on the road...
First thing a car comes real close to her and cuts her off while
turning. I guess people riding bikes are not worth losing a few
seconds, and they are simply ignored. Well sometimes they get
noticed... Second thing she gets yelled at from an SUV, "Asshole!"...
and my girlfriend gives her the finger (yes, she does it too) before
doing the smart move (?) and taking the sidewalk.

It would be so easy to put speed cameras on traffic lights and catch
all those terrorists with a License to Kill. And that would take some
politicians who make an issue out of traffic safety... or a revolution
(see below), but that's another issue.

In the meantime here's a debate from the past about terrorists and
speed cameras in civilized places like Germany...

"Red light camera solution?"
"Big Boy" wrote in message

: These systems intrigue (and disgust) me.
:
: I was doing a deja.com search and noticed
: that they have them in Arizona. I am
: in Idaho where fortunately we don't have
: scum taking away even more of our
: freedom.

Freedom to speed and run red lights? What is there about "breaking the
law"
that you don't understand? Are you against the idea of security
cameras in
your place of business to protect you and your property?

Or are you one that figures "if I make it through and don't kill
anyone else
I haven't really violated the law"?

The real solution is very simple - obey the law. Then you can drive
with a
clear conscience and not have to worry about getting your picture
taken. You
can even save the cost of the hair spray...

---
jb3

http://groups.google.com/group/az.ge...2f792fe8027559

***

http://atom.smasher.org/streetparty/...ution%21& l4=

WHY THE BANANA REVOLUTION?
http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution
Old February 19th 08, 05:34 PM posted to alt.scooter,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic
.[_2_]

On Feb 19, 8:52�am, donquijote1954
wrote:
I've vowed to fight terrorism... ROAD TERRORISM. It's not even that I
go looking for trouble, trouble looks for me, and sometimes for those
near me.

Hey, Donkey Hotay. Fidel Castro finally resigned, now Raul is running
the country.

With any luck, you can pedal your bicycle back to Havana soon.

Do ya think Raul will end communism in Cuba, or is he going to be the
new Lion in the Jungle?
Old February 19th 08, 08:06 PM posted to alt.scooter,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic
donquijote1954

wrote:

I've vowed to fight terrorism... ROAD TERRORISM. It's not even that I
go looking for trouble, trouble looks for me, and sometimes for those
near me.

Hey, Donkey Hotay. Fidel Castro finally resigned, now Raul is running
the country.

I'm waiting for Bush to resign too. His brother is better, I think.

With any luck, you can pedal your bicycle back to Havana soon.

Cuba will never amount to anything good. Too far from Europe and too
close to, you know...

Do ya think Raul will end communism in Cuba, or is he going to be the
new Lion in the Jungle?

He's an old lion himself, but you see a lion for what he is. No
camouflage like Castro who's more of a fox. Only hope is the Banana
Revolution.
Old February 19th 08, 08:10 PM posted to alt.scooter,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_2_]

I've been saying for years that criminal drivers are the real
terrorists. Your chances of being killed or maimed by a speeder or
DUI are a thousand times greater than by some mad bomber. Americans
are such idiots for buying into this arab terrorism crap.

Old February 19th 08, 08:34 PM posted to alt.scooter,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic
David White[_3_]

"Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" wrote in
message
I've been saying for years that criminal drivers are the real
terrorists. Your chances of being killed or maimed by a speeder or
DUI are a thousand times greater than by some mad bomber. Americans
are such idiots for buying into this arab terrorism crap.

My family have been a victim of both. I had a cousin killed on 9/11, and his
father was killed by a mindless driver who ran a red-light. I only have to
know that the first one exists. The second, I have to worry about, and watch
for on a daily basis. Especially when I'm traveling on 2 wheels.

Old February 19th 08, 09:19 PM posted to alt.scooter,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic
donquijote1954

On Feb 19, 3:34 pm, "David White" wrote:
"Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" wrote in

I've been saying for years that criminal drivers are the real
terrorists. Your chances of being killed or maimed by a speeder or
DUI are a thousand times greater than by some mad bomber. Americans
are such idiots for buying into this arab terrorism crap.

My family have been a victim of both. I had a cousin killed on 9/11, and his
father was killed by a mindless driver who ran a red-light. I only have to
know that the first one exists. The second, I have to worry about, and watch
for on a daily basis. Especially when I'm traveling on 2 wheels.

There's no consolation for the victims of 4 wheeled-terrorists.
Victims just make it to the horror show (the 6 o'clock news), at best.
And not even the word "accident" does any justice to their plight...

(letter to Lisa, author of 'It's No Accident: The Real Story Behind
Senseless Death and Injury on Our Roads')

Dear Lisa,

David Townsend, Tia's father, gave me a copy of "It's No Accident"
this spring, nearly a year after my son Dominick was hit in a Seattle
crosswalk. Your book told our family's story and the stories of so
many other families of pedestrian victims - from the devastating news,
to the insurance companies, to meetings with the local county and city
prosecutor's offices.

Your book helped me understand that $490 fines and no drivers
education or loss of license for the drivers in these deadly crashes
are the norm. That deadly crosswalks like the one where Dominick was
run over frequently are left by the cities with no lights, no traffic
calming, no sign of the lives lost there. Before I read your book I
thought it was perhaps just our family or just Seattle and King
County.

We are so blessed that Dominick lived and is recovering steadily -
recovering from traumatic brain injury is a long long road. We are
appalled to see all the families we know now who have lost a child or
are trying so hard to restore their child after being hit by a car.

Lisa, thank you for putting together the stories and the statistics
into such a powerful book. I have bought copies to give to some of our
community and state leaders. I hope that your speaking schedule brings
you out to Washington. I think it would be so very important for our
local and state leaders to hear from you.

Desiree Douglass
HEADSTRONG
Seattle, WA

http://www.lulu.com/content/186268
Old February 19th 08, 09:23 PM posted to alt.scooter,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic
.[_2_]

On Feb 19, 12:06�pm, donquijote1954
wrote:

He's an old lion himself, but you see a lion for what he is. No
camouflage like Castro who's more of a fox. Only hope is the Banana
Revolution.

So, why don't you take your Revolting Bananas back to Cuba where you'd
be closer to the action?

What's the point in complaining about traffic conditions *here* while
your cousins are living under the communists?

Old February 19th 08, 10:51 PM posted to alt.scooter,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic
donquijote1954

wrote:

He's an old lion himself, but you see a lion for what he is. No
camouflage like Castro who's more of a fox. Only hope is the Banana
Revolution.

So, why don't you take your Revolting Bananas back to Cuba where you'd
be closer to the action?

In Cuba they don't let you talk like here. No freedom of speech. Here
the case is different... no democracy.

"Freedom is when the people can speak, democracy is when the
government listens" -Alastair Farrugia

What's the point in complaining about traffic conditions *here* while
your cousins are living under the communists?

I'm complaining about the sad state of affairs in the world. Why
should I worry about the puppet, when we need to change the puppeteer?

Old February 19th 08, 11:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Michael Baldwin

An anomynous post reads

Americans are such idiots for buying into this arab terrorism
crap.

...is this Rosie O' Donnell?...

"just" regards - Mike Baldwin

Old February 19th 08, 11:25 PM posted to alt.scooter,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic
donquijote1954

Doesn't this sign make sense?

http://atom.smasher.org/highway/?l1=...t%21&l3= &l4=

Would you like a T-shirt too?