If I had a revolution I'd swap cars for bikes

Old October 5th 08, 03:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

Default If I had a revolution I'd swap cars for bikes

If I had a revolution --I do-- in one those Banana Republics out there
(hey, plenty of them, don't just think about America), I'd probably
take cue from Chavez --yes, he can be smart too-- and swap cars for
bikes. Good bikes for that matter.

Chavez will swap gas-guzzlers for clean cars
CARACAS, Venezuela - Give up your gas-guzzler and get a free car.
That's President Hugo Chavez's offer to Venezuelans.

Chavez says he plans to start a program next year that will give away
cars running on less-polluting natural gas to people who turn in old
cars that consume "too much gasoline."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081005/...uela_free_cars

***

So what would you do if you had a revolution?

WHY THE BANANA REVOLUTION?
(reason #101: because bananas power bikes!)

http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution
Old October 5th 08, 06:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Jack May

"ComandanteBanana" wrote in message
If I had a revolution --I do-- in one those Banana Republics out there
(hey, plenty of them, don't just think about America), I'd probably
take cue from Chavez --yes, he can be smart too-- and swap cars for
bikes. Good bikes for that matter.

In other words you like using food for bike fuel so you can kill off as many
third world people as possible.

Old October 5th 08, 09:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Jack May wrote:
"ComandanteBanana" wrote in message
If I had a revolution --I do-- in one those Banana Republics out there
(hey, plenty of them, don't just think about America), I'd probably
take cue from Chavez --yes, he can be smart too-- and swap cars for
bikes. Good bikes for that matter.

In other words you like using food for bike fuel so you can kill off as many
third world people as possible.

And Mr. May has admitted to participating in unnecessary physical
activity for "exercise". We should be putting the owners of gyms, the
makers of "fitness equipment" and sports equipment and all who partake
in needless physical activity on trial for mass murder, no?

We will not mention the amount of potential food-stocks (corn [1] and
soy beans) being used to make motor fuel.

[1] Maize for people in .uk.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
If my posts in general annoy or offend, please kill-file.
Old October 6th 08, 07:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Jack May

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Jack May wrote:
"ComandanteBanana" wrote in message
If I had a revolution --I do-- in one those Banana Republics out there
(hey, plenty of them, don't just think about America), I'd probably
take cue from Chavez --yes, he can be smart too-- and swap cars for
bikes. Good bikes for that matter.

In other words you like using food for bike fuel so you can kill off as
many third world people as possible.

And Mr. May has admitted to participating in unnecessary physical activity
for "exercise". We should be putting the owners of gyms, the makers of
"fitness equipment" and sports equipment and all who partake in needless
physical activity on trial for mass murder, no?

Staying health takes a lot less energy than fixing medical problems is not
remotely food to fuel conversion. That is one reason Kaiser is the lowest
cost medical and tends to have the best results. But you are in the very
stupid approach that the solution to all resource management is conservation
instead of technology development to expand the options for being "green".
As always your ignorance of almost everything in society is extremely
apparent.

We will not mention the amount of potential food-stocks (corn [1] and soy
beans) being used to make motor fuel.

The work on biofuels is developing approaches that do not use food sources
for fuel. You are way out of touch with what is going on.

I exercise to keep myself very health. My "gym" is an Olympic size
trampoline in my back yard I have had for years. I am the only person at
Kaiser at least in Redwood city that has ever taken their entire bank of
test where they found no detectible medical problems. Kaiser keeps a large
computer database of all their medical activities. They know what is
happening and what has happened there. The doctors have often made
comments to others about my unique health characteristics. My family
history is that of a very long life.

I have a rare disease which is the result of a random mutation of antibodies
which would be impossible to prevent with exercise. I just finished 10 days
at Kaiser where they pumped blood cell out of my body (a small amount at a
time) through a machine that centrifuged it to separate the antibodies by
molecular weight and molecularly grab the offending antibodies with albumen
(blood product) and remove them from my body where they are discarded.
Could give me maybe as much as few years with out the problem. The process
can be repeated if the anti-bodies pop up again.

The process is a low energy treatment.

By rare I mean in the SF Bay area there are two people at Stanford Medical
and me at Kaiser that have the disease. All three of us are being treated
with the machine which is also used to maintain suppression of the offending
anti-bodies for life.

OK you can now waste your time again to come up with more retarded comments
that technology laggards so often do because of their deep inferiority
complex.

Old October 6th 08, 09:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Jack May wrote:
"ComandanteBanana" wrote in message
If I had a revolution --I do-- in one those Banana Republics out there
(hey, plenty of them, don't just think about America), I'd probably
take cue from Chavez --yes, he can be smart too-- and swap cars for
bikes. Good bikes for that matter.
In other words you like using food for bike fuel so you can kill off as
many third world people as possible.

And Mr. May has admitted to participating in unnecessary physical activity
for "exercise". We should be putting the owners of gyms, the makers of
"fitness equipment" and sports equipment and all who partake in needless
physical activity on trial for mass murder, no?

Staying health[y] takes a lot less energy than fixing medical problems is not
remotely food to fuel conversion. That is one reason Kaiser is the lowest
cost medical and tends to have the best results. But you are in the very
stupid approach that the solution to all resource management is conservation
instead of technology development to expand the options for being "green".
As always your ignorance of almost everything in society is extremely
apparent.

This hurts is much as an insult from Ed Dolan, considering the source.
Not to mention the several false assumptions Mr. May makes.

We will not mention the amount of potential food-stocks (corn [1] and soy
beans) being used to make motor fuel.

The work on biofuels is developing approaches that do not use food sources
for fuel. You are way out of touch with what is going on.

Most biofuels in the US involve corn and soy.

I exercise to keep myself very health. My "gym" is an Olympic size
trampoline in my back yard I have had for years. I am the only person at
Kaiser at least in Redwood city that has ever taken their entire bank of
test where they found no detectible medical problems. Kaiser keeps a large
computer database of all their medical activities. They know what is
happening and what has happened there. The doctors have often made
comments to others about my unique health characteristics. My family
history is that of a very long life.

For that same energy in non-productive exercising on the trampoline, you
could commute to work by bicycle.

I have a rare disease which is the result of a random mutation of antibodies
which would be impossible to prevent with exercise. I just finished 10 days
at Kaiser where they pumped blood cell out of my body (a small amount at a
time) through a machine that centrifuged it to separate the antibodies by
molecular weight and molecularly grab the offending antibodies with albumen
(blood product) and remove them from my body where they are discarded.
Could give me maybe as much as few years with out the problem. The process
can be repeated if the anti-bodies pop up again.

The process is a low energy treatment.

By rare I mean in the SF Bay area there are two people at Stanford Medical
and me at Kaiser that have the disease. All three of us are being treated
with the machine which is also used to maintain suppression of the offending
anti-bodies for life.

Which has what to do with transportation?

OK you can now waste your time again to come up with more retarded comments
that technology laggards so often do because of their deep inferiority
complex.

He aims for the broadside of a barn at 10 paces, and MISSES!

Old October 6th 08, 10:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Tadej Brezina

Jack May wrote:
"ComandanteBanana" wrote in message
If I had a revolution --I do-- in one those Banana Republics out there
(hey, plenty of them, don't just think about America), I'd probably
take cue from Chavez --yes, he can be smart too-- and swap cars for
bikes. Good bikes for that matter.
In other words you like using food for bike fuel so you can kill off as
many third world people as possible.

And Mr. May has admitted to participating in unnecessary physical activity
for "exercise". We should be putting the owners of gyms, the makers of
"fitness equipment" and sports equipment and all who partake in needless
physical activity on trial for mass murder, no?

Staying health takes a lot less energy than fixing medical problems

How comes you oppose cycling as means of transport and as means of
public health improval so much, as it has been proven numerous times to
increase overall health in societies?

is not
remotely food to fuel conversion. That is one reason Kaiser is the lowest
cost medical and tends to have the best results. But you are in the very
stupid approach that the solution to all resource management is conservation
instead of technology development to expand the options for being "green".
As always your ignorance of almost everything in society is extremely
apparent.
We will not mention the amount of potential food-stocks (corn [1] and soy
beans) being used to make motor fuel.

The work on biofuels is developing approaches that do not use food sources
for fuel. You are way out of touch with what is going on.

Maybe, in the future, somewhen. But right now, a lot - don't have the
percentage at hand - of the biofuel resources is standing in the way of
food resources.

I exercise to keep myself very health.

Shouldn't there be an adjective?

[...]

What in particular has your personal medical story (no matter how
interesting it may be,
or how much empathy you deserve for it) to do with cycling as means of
transport,
its contribution to public health and the likes?

You're calling everybody else here a technology laggard. But I do think,
your case must some of a social laggard.

best regards
Tadej
--
"Vergleich es mit einer Pflanze - die wächst auch nur dann gut, wenn du
sie nicht jeden zweiten Tag aus der Erde reißt, um nachzusehen, ob sie
Old October 6th 08, 04:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

On Oct 5, 1:19*pm, John Mayson wrote:

Interesting. *I guess he realizes oil is in decline. *Still, the top
selling Hummer dealership is in Caracas.

Maybe he's playing camouflage (trying to look good) when promoting
efficient cars while keeping the gallon of gas at 12 cents.

I think Big Oil and him are one big happy family.
Old October 6th 08, 04:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

On Oct 5, 1:23*pm, "Jack May" wrote:
"ComandanteBanana" wrote in message

If I had a revolution --I do-- in one those Banana Republics out there
(hey, plenty of them, don't just think about America), I'd probably
take cue from Chavez --yes, he can be smart too-- and swap cars for
bikes. Good bikes for that matter.

In other words you like using food for bike fuel so you can kill off as many
third world people as possible.

You don't seem to know much about energy efficiency, do you?

When you are powered by bananas, you only carry yourself plus the
weight of the bicycle, say, 1/20th the weight of you carrying an SUV.

So you can still cause some minor suffering, but nothing comparable to
what you do with an SUV.

And then if we have a revolution down there too, we can have the
banana workers work in coops with all the benefits and perks --
including healthcare-- normal to the civilized nations outside the
USA.

Old October 6th 08, 04:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

On Oct 5, 4:16*pm, Little Meow wrote:
"Jack May" wrote m:

"ComandanteBanana" wrote in message
.
..
If I had a revolution --I do-- in one those Banana Republics out
there (hey, plenty of them, don't just think about America), I'd
probably take cue from Chavez --yes, he can be smart too-- and swap
cars for bikes. Good bikes for that matter.

In other words you like using food for bike fuel so you can kill off
as many third world people as possible.

According to the Commandante's teachings, it's the law of the jungle,
but one must also mention that lions, monkeys, and bananas figure
into the equation. In what way? I don't know. My understanding of
Banana Epistemology is lacking.

You don't seem to watch Animal Planet let alone political debates.

Like in the jungle, politics is about camouflage (lies) by which you
hide the fact that the big predators (lion) eat the common people (the
sheep). Then the monkey realizes this game of deceit and cries: LION!

Oh, the banana is for the lion trying to eat the monkey.
Old October 6th 08, 04:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

On Oct 5, 4:23 pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
Jack May wrote:
"ComandanteBanana" wrote in message
If I had a revolution --I do-- in one those Banana Republics out there
(hey, plenty of them, don't just think about America), I'd probably
take cue from Chavez --yes, he can be smart too-- and swap cars for
bikes. Good bikes for that matter.

In other words you like using food for bike fuel so you can kill off as many
third world people as possible.

And Mr. May has admitted to participating in unnecessary physical
activity for "exercise". We should be putting the owners of gyms, the
makers of "fitness equipment" and sports equipment and all who partake
in needless physical activity on trial for mass murder, no?

We will not mention the amount of potential food-stocks (corn [1] and
soy beans) being used to make motor fuel.

[1] Maize for people in .uk.

Yeap, we shall export the American way of life where the fatter you
are the better.

It feeds the Healthcare Industry for one.

If I had a revolution I'd swap cars for bikes ComandanteBanana General 44 October 12th 08 07:24 PM
More bikes fewer cars. Doug[_3_] UK 55 May 21st 08 07:08 PM
Bikes outsell cars in Oz vey Techniques 1 January 8th 08 04:23 AM
"cars more fun than bikes" Fritz M General 0 January 11th 05 11:08 PM