Cyclist at war!

Old October 16th 08, 03:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
BrianNZ

Default Cyclist at war!

Outback Jon wrote:
BryanUT wrote:
Yeah, make fun of spandex, and I reserve the right to laugh at chaps
and leather vests. You are all a bunch of selfish people. Me, Me, Me!

But would you laugh at a motorcyclist if they were wearing spandex?

Only if they hadn't shaved their legs......
Old October 16th 08, 04:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
S'mee

On Oct 15, 8:42*pm, Outback Jon wrote:
BryanUT wrote:
Yeah, make fun of spandex, and I reserve the right to laugh at chaps and
leather vests. You are all a bunch of selfish people. *Me, Me, Me!

But would you laugh at a motorcyclist if they were wearing spandex?

Depends on how big her tits are...

I never laugh at a nice ass...no matter what is or is not covering it.
--
Keith
I like big butts and I can not lie!
Old October 16th 08, 04:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
S'mee

On Oct 15, 6:56*pm, Rob Morley wrote:
On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 17:44:33 -0400

"Vito" wrote:
"Bob Myers" wrote

In that case, the solution is obvious.

You guys need to get engines.

Yup. *Major difference between bicycles and motorcycles is that one
runs on muscle and the other on brains.

ITYM one runs on legs and the other on the right wrist - both require a
modicum of grey matter if one is to survive long.

uh-huh...I ride both. It takes more brains to ride a motorcycle,
period, end of discussion.
--
Keith
Old October 16th 08, 04:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Road Glidin' Don

"Vito" wrote:

"Bob Myers" wrote

In that case, the solution is obvious.

You guys need to get engines.

Yup. Major difference between bicycles and motorcycles is that one
runs on muscle and the other on brains.

ITYM one runs on legs and the other on the right wrist - both require a
modicum of grey matter if one is to survive long.

But only one of the two requires enough skill that a test must be
passed to acquire a license to operate one, while we deem 6 year olds
sufficiently developed for riding the other on city streets.

Old October 16th 08, 11:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
bugbear

ComandanteBanana wrote:
There's only one side you can be on, if you know what I mean.

The concept of "you're either with us or against us"
does not have a noble history.

BugBear
Old October 16th 08, 11:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
bugbear

S'mee wrote:
uh-huh...I ride both. It takes more brains to ride a motorcycle,
period, end of discussion.

http://creationwiki.org/Logical_fall...f_by_assertion

BugBear
Old October 16th 08, 11:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Dave Larrington

In et,
bugbear tweaked the Babbage-Engine to
tell us:
ComandanteBanana wrote:
There's only one side you can be on, if you know what I mean.

The concept of "you're either with us or against us"
does not have a noble history.

If it comes to a choice between being pro- or anti- clueless chumps like
BananaBoy, though, I know which side my shovel and I will be on.

--
Dave Larrington
http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk

Old October 16th 08, 01:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Paul Weaver

On 15 Oct, 18:27, ComandanteBanana wrote:
Well guys, this story happened in Georgia, but I just omitted the rest
of the title (link below) because it could have happened where I live.

If my country was recovering from a Russian invasion the last thing on
my mind would be road-rage.

Although I did have a nice picture of cyclists with rocket launchers
slung over their shoulders -- tanks aren't manuverable enough?
Old October 16th 08, 04:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

On Oct 15, 7:31*pm, BrianNZ wrote:
ComandanteBanana wrote:
On Oct 15, 7:02 pm, BrianNZ wrote:
KingOfTheApes wrote:
I propose here that those killed in the line of duty riding a bicycle,
get condecorated with a Bicycle Medal of Honor, and get full pension
for their family.
Of course, the latter is more important.
Of course!! $$$ is more important than honor......and why is it a duty
to ride a push bike?

If you want your family to survive in this jungle when you are killed,
you better leave them $$$.

I don't want any more or any less than the military honors and
benefits given to those killed on the line of duty.

What are those benefits?

Again, why is it your duty to ride a push bike? No-one has ordered you
to, so why do you expect honors if you die pursuing a chosen hobby?- Hide quoted text -

That's the problem with Americans: Bicycling is NOT a hobby, at least
for those who use it for practical reasons.

Besides it saves gas, and that't VERY PATRIOTIC.
Old October 16th 08, 04:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

On Oct 15, 8:09 pm, "BryanUT" wrote:
"ComandanteBanana" wrote in message

Well guys, this story happened in Georgia, but I just omitted the rest
of the title (link below) because it could have happened where I live.
And indeed it has happened to me even more scary.

snip

As both a bicyclist and a motorcyclist, I am really shocked (not really) at
the hate directed at bike riders in the above posts.

We, as motorcyclists, have more in common with bicyclists than cagers. Like
it or not, we are on the same team.

Share the road.

Those of you complaining about riders two abreast, I hope you understand why
some of us don't tolerate Harley parades. Self righteous pricks I say. Both
of 'em.

Yeah, make fun of spandex, and I reserve the right to laugh at chaps and
leather vests. You are all a bunch of selfish people. Me, Me, Me!

Share the road with our 2 wheeled friends. Get off you ass and ride a bike
in traffic, I double dog dare you, are you man (or women) ennough?

All you loud pipes folks talk of freedom and rights, well, put up or shut
up. Let the pedalers be free. The roads belong to the people.

Share the road. Don't be a selfish ass.

You must have reading comprehension problems. It doesn't say anywhere
what you claim, but illiteracy in America is NOT the subject here.

Bicycles and Motorcycles do have a lot of common. To begin with the
both ride on two wheels (two wheels good, four wheels bad) and they
are both at the bottom of the food chain. Well, at least the latter
can outrun the predators, but sometimes they just come out of nowhere.