Clitheroe mum in airlift drama after bike accident

Old October 24th 08, 02:15 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default Clitheroe mum in airlift drama after bike accident

Evolution in action....

Mike

http://www.clitheroeadvertiser.co.uk...ama.4622485.jp

Clitheroe mum in airlift drama after bike accident

Sarah Nock A211008/2

Date: 23 October 2008
A CLITHEROE mother-of-two was lucky to escape serious injury after a
horrific bike accident at Rivington Pike.
Mountain biker Sarah Nock (33) was riding at the popular moor in
Bolton, when she was thrown from the machine and suffered a broken
collar bone and cuts and bruises to her arms and legs.

Emergency crews, including Bolton Mountain Rescue Team, attended the
scene of the accident, on Sunday, October 12th, and Sarah, a former
pupil of St Augustine's RC High School, Billington, was air-lifted to
the Royal Blackburn Hospital for treatment.

Sarah, a member of Clitheroe Canoe Club and Clitheroe Bike Club, said:
"Everything happened so fast and I was in so much pain. I was thrown
quite a distance from my bike and it was a good job I was with two
friends who alerted the emergency services."

She added: "At the time of the accident I just wanted to get back
home. I tried to move my body, but then realised I couldn't because I
was in so much pain. I was screaming in agony when the rescuers
arrived."

Sarah, a deputy headteacher at Great Harwood Primary School, is
recovering at home in Pimlico Road.

The keen indoor climber, who completed four triathlons earlier year,
said: "I feel very lucky to have escaped serious injury. I am an
experienced mountain biker so couldn't quite understand what happened.

"I am thankful to my family and friends for their support, but I
particularly want to thank members of the Bolton Mountain Rescue Team
who came to my aid.

"I cannot wait until I am fit and well again so I can start
fund-raising for the life-saving organisation."

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old October 24th 08, 02:31 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Siskuwihane[_2_]

On Oct 23, 9:15*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
Evolution in action....

Are you talking about your inability to reproduce, eunuch?
Old October 25th 08, 03:58 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Wettlesheim

On Oct 23, 9:31*pm, Siskuwihane wrote:
On Oct 23, wrote:

Evolution in action....

Are you talking about your inability to reproduce, eunuch?

Just because he got himself neutered in the hopes of being assigned a
wife when he was a Synanon cult member isn't a reason to trash him.
Trash him for being a hypocrite and a thief................