Where is the Attempted Murder Charge?

Old June 16th 11, 05:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Where is the Attempted Murder Charge?

On Jun 16, 3:50*pm, Duane Hebert wrote:
On 6/16/2011 10:35 AM, Andre Jute wrote:

On Jun 16, 1:28 pm, *wrote:
On Jun 16, 10:21 pm, Duane *wrote:

On 6/15/2011 4:54 PM, Andre Jute wrote:

On Jun 15, 8:58 pm, * *wrote:

But there are just so damned many psychopaths out thehttp://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/06/...s-girl-on-bike...

http://preview.tinyurl.com/5vcvgxv

On Professor Hare's widely used scale, about one in a 100 Americans is
a psychopath, including the majority of those in prison and almost
everyone on death row.

The equivalent number for Britain is one in 200, half the density of
psychopaths compared to the States.

So a bicyclist doesn't have to be on a busy road very long to be in
close proximity to a psychopath in charge of a moving lethal weapon.

Around here it doesn't take long to meet a cycling psychopath! *we must
be somewhere between the US and GB, so say one out of every 150 cyclists
should be a psychopath. *Saw one yesterday going over an overpass in
rush hour traffic on a three lane road with head phones on and popping a
wheelie with the cars all around him. *Thought immediately of Dan on
drugs but he was "taking the lane" so ...

LOL. *Thanks, Duane.

Now, now, boys, let's not have physicals here. And don't think you can
sneak a swiftie by me by asking Frank to prove he was south of the
border all day yesterday.

Sorry but the bit about south of the border went over my head.

I thought you were in Canada. Then, for Frank to prove he wasn't
"taking the lane" where you could see him, he has to prove he was
south of the border.

Andre Jute
Jokes and pancakes.
Old June 16th 11, 06:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Duane Hebert[_4_]

On Jun 15, 8:58 pm, wrote:

[...]

LOL. I am in Canada but I'm from the states so for me, south of the
border still means Mexico. Now I got ya. Anyway, I didn't use the F
word...
Old June 16th 11, 07:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Winston

Opus wrote:

(...)

The testing for a driver's license needs to be on the same
level as a CHL or pilot's license for both expense and
thoroughness, to weed out the sociopaths.

How would upper level managers get to work?
A waiver of some sort?

--Winston

Old June 16th 11, 09:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Ronko

In article , says...

Ronko wrote:
In article ,

phil@lee-
family.me.uk says...

"lee.watkins" considered Tue, 14 Jun 2011
07:31:26 -0700 (PDT) the perfect time to write:

The basis of this mentality is authoritarianism, which is now the
predominant right-wing conservative
perspective in the USA, particularly Christian Conservatism.

Violence
directed towards perceived
lower tiers without conscience, combined with a kiss-up attitude
towards authority figures.

The driver assumes anyone else would do the same thing given the
opportunity. The perception is
magnified by the metaphor that the car did the violence on the
drivers' behalf (absolution),
and the cyclists' lack of official operators credentials.

The language used in newspaper articles and local broadcast

TV/radio
to describe automobile crashes is intended to reinforce the
absolution, in part because automobile manufactures/retailers are

the
primary (and sometimes only) advertising revenue source.
The lack of enforcement of harsh fines or jail time for this behavior
removes any doubt that this behavior is sanctioned. This is driven

by
conservative politics.
the lack of cyclist licensing and registration/plates credentials
informs an authoritarian that the cyclist does not belong
on the road and thus should be punished for getting in the way, or
even just for fun.

I think the best way to counter all this is to make cycling more
Authoritarian friendly. An vigorous licensing and registration
bureaucracy. Drum up patriotic and religious associations with the
bicycle. The flag, cross, and bible imagery! Build segregated
bikeways like in Europe, protected with bollards and make it

downright
christian and patriotic.
What utter cobblers.
What we need are proper penalties for abuse of the privilege of motor
vehicle use.
Heavy fines for the responsible party in any collision - and if they
can't decide which party that was, the fine should be split between
them, not ignored. The full cost of the clear up and medical
treatment necessary should be charged to their insurance.
Any injury should result in imprisonment, the duration depending on
the severity - why should the perpetrator recover any more quickly
than their victim? Permanent disablement or death should equal life
imprisonment.
NOBODY who has caused any doubt to be raised over their ability to

use
a motor vehicle safely should be allowed further use. End of story.

If people knew that these were the consequences of an "accident"
they'd take the necessary care to avoid them.
Logically Christian conservatives have every supposed moral,

ethical,
and principled reason to be all about bikes, but modern

conservatives
have no conscience. They really don't - at least not since
Goldwater! You have to give them increasingly authoritarian
reasons. and that can be done and will work like a charm.

On Jun 12, 5:01 pm, Tºm Shermªn °_°

""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
Police report:

"THE CYCLIST WAS WEST BOUND ON MS50 NEAR THE TRULOVE

LOOP
INTERSECTION.
 V1 WAS WEST BOUND ON MS50 APPROACHING THE CYCLIST

FROM
THE REAR. Â THE
FRONT OF V1 COLLIDED WITH THE REAR OF THE BICYCLE. Â THE

IMPACT THREW THE
CYCLIST INTO THE AIR BEFORE LANDING ON THE HOOD OF V1

AND
ONTO THE
WINDSHIELD. Â V1 CONTINUED FOR A FEW FEET BEFORE

COMING TO
A STOP. Â THE
CYCLIST WAS THEN THROWN TO THE ASPHALT WHEN V1

STOPPED.
 THE DRIVER OF
V1 EXITED THE VEHICLE AND OBSERVED THE CYCLIST WHILE

TALKING ON THE
PHONE. Â D1 THEN REENTERED HER VEHICLE AND RAN THE

CYCLIST
OVER AGAIN
BEFORE BEING FORCED FROM HER VEHICLE BY WITNESSES. Â V1

CAME TO FINAL
REST FACING WEST IN THE WEST BOUND LANE ON MS 50 JUST

METERS WEST OF THE
TRULOVE LOOP INTERSECTION. Â THE CYCLIST CAME TO FINAL

REST
NEAR THE
RIGHT FRONT TIRE OF V1."

See

http://www.accidentin.com/article307..._of_accident_v.
.
Why is Robbie Norton, 44, of Cedar Bluff, MS still free to commit

mayhem
with her vehicle?

http://www.starkvilledailynews.com/node/5919

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

3500 pound car protecting the motorist vs cyclist with no metal around
him/her means the car wins every time. Unfortuneatly that's the nature

of
the beast and drivers, if cited at all, are only cited for driving erratically

or
not staying in the lane or some other only citable offense. The cyclist is

left
with serious or fatal injuries and if fortuneate enough to get hit by a

driver
with adequate resources or insurance, can gain some financial recourse

in
civil court.

However, this case of the driver hitting the cyclist a second time is an
entirely different matter. If intent of the driver's part can be shown,

this
probably warrants assault with a deadly weapon or attempted
manslaughter/murder type of charge. I would like to see that. Local

politics
and attitude toward bicyclists usually plays a critical part in how the
offender is charged, if at all.

'every time' is categorical.

My employee ran a red light on his bicycle, smashed a car
panel with his shoulder and was both cited and billed for
the damage. No injuries to shoulder or bicycle.

I can't imagine how the second battery could be anything but
'with intent'. We'll see how the jury parses it.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

With intent? Her lawyer will argue she was (take your pick): confused,
scared, trying to help but didn't know where the cyclist was laying in the
road so she was just trying to pull over and unfortuneatly ran over the
cyclist again, on medication which was coming on, on medication which was
wearing off, etc.

Yes, I hope she is charged and let a jury decide.

Old June 17th 11, 12:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Tºm Shermªn °_°

On 6/16/2011 1:55 PM, Winston wrote:
Opus wrote:

(...)

The testing for a driver's license needs to be on the same
level as a CHL or pilot's license for both expense and
thoroughness, to weed out the sociopaths.

How would upper level managers get to work?
A waiver of some sort?

--Winston

Upper level management can afford to ride around in chauffeured
limousines, or for the over-compensated, piloted helicopters.

Old June 17th 11, 12:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
AMuzi

(...)

Tºm Shermªn °_° wrote:
Upper level management can afford to ride around in chauffeured
limousines, or for the over-compensated, piloted helicopters.

Almost bicycle content sneaking in the back door today:

http://www.geekologie.com/2011/06/om...e-can-alle.php

Old June 17th 11, 01:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Jay Beattie

On Jun 16, 1:07*pm, Ronko wrote:
In article , says...

$southslope.net" wrote:
Police report:

"THE CYCLIST WAS WEST BOUND ON MS50 NEAR THE TRULOVE

LOOP
INTERSECTION.
� *V1 WAS WEST BOUND ON MS50 APPROACHING THE CYCLIST

FROM
THE REAR. � THE
FRONT OF V1 COLLIDED WITH THE REAR OF THE BICYCLE. � THE
IMPACT THREW THE
CYCLIST INTO THE AIR BEFORE LANDING ON THE HOOD OF V1

AND
ONTO THE
WINDSHIELD. � V1 CONTINUED FOR A FEW FEET BEFORE

COMING TO
A STOP. � THE
CYCLIST WAS THEN THROWN TO THE ASPHALT WHEN V1

STOPPED.
� THE DRIVER OF
V1 EXITED THE VEHICLE AND OBSERVED THE CYCLIST WHILE
TALKING ON THE
PHONE. � D1 THEN REENTERED HER VEHICLE AND RAN THE

CYCLIST
OVER AGAIN
BEFORE BEING FORCED FROM HER VEHICLE BY WITNESSES. � V1
CAME TO FINAL
REST FACING WEST IN THE WEST BOUND LANE ON MS 50 JUST
METERS WEST OF THE
TRULOVE LOOP INTERSECTION. � THE CYCLIST CAME TO FINAL

REST
NEAR THE
RIGHT FRONT TIRE OF V1."

See

http://www.accidentin.com/article307..._of_accident_v.
..

.
[...]

Yes, I hope she is charged and let a jury decide.- Hide quoted text -

Except that jurors don't particularly like bicyclists. You'll get at
least two people who think the defendant should have run over the
cyclist three times. The likelihood of getting a bicycle friendly
jury in semi-rural MS is probably low, although Starkville is a
college town and chances there are considerably better -- but then
again, the accident happened in the next county over, and the lawsuit
may be venued there -- and that county could be banjo country! Make
'em squeal like a pig, then run 'em over! Jurors might ask the court
if they can go run over some bicyclists as a demonstration . . . so
they can understand what happened. Like a jury view. -- Jay Beattie.

Old June 17th 11, 02:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
James[_8_]

On 17/06/2011 10:42 AM, Jay Beattie wrote:
On Jun 16, 1:07 pm, wrote:
In , says...

Ronko wrote:
In ,

phil@lee-
family.me.uk says...

$southslope.net" wrote:
[...]

Danger! Danger! Fear Monger!

--
JS
Old June 17th 11, 02:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Dan O

On Jun 15, 8:58 pm, wrote:

[...]

The first wheelie out of the driveway - being also a 90 degree turn -
tells me a lot about my particular balancing abilities ATM. If I
almost bite it there, I need to be careful. Completely sane behavior.