Is Mike Andaman finally dead?

Old December 19th 13, 05:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Default Is Mike Andaman finally dead?

"John B." wrote in message ...

On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 06:07:40 -0600, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

Reduction in bandwidth

There is a hierarchy to all things under the sun. When there is conflict, something has to go. Mountain bikers need to go to Hell and they can take their god damn bikes with them. Saint Edward the Great has instructed Mephistopheles to give them a rough time there, the same way they have given hikers a rough time here on hiking trails.

Trails are for walking. What's the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

And there we have the crux of the matter, Delusions of Grandeur.

Dolan belives that because he is Dolan his arguments are correct and

of course weighty enough that they should be followed by the citizenry
of the world.

The rest of us believe that he is some sort of whacko who is either

mentally deranged or smoking some "good ****" as the jargon would have
it.

The only whacko here is you.

Post content or get lost. What an Asshole!

Old December 19th 13, 05:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

"Phil W Lee" wrote in message ...
[...]

I don't believe anything that leaves him in the mentally enfeebled

state he currently enjoys(?) can be even remotely described as "good
****".
I suspect the more recent jargon of "wicked" or "real bad" is actually
more accurate in this case.

I suppose scatological innuendo is better than sexual innuendo, but such pitiful remarks are an admission that the argument has been lost. But is not that ever the fate of all mountain biker arguments? It is why it is just a matter of time until they are banned from all trails used by hikers and equestrians. The conflict is insurmountable because it is a conflict of purpose, always the most severe type of conflict.

Old December 19th 13, 05:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
John B.[_3_]

On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 22:46:24 -0600, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

"Phil W Lee" wrote in message ...
[...]

Edward Dolan wrote:

Instead of wanting to discuss an English definition of time immemorial why not tell us about how Great Britain went from an empire to a small kingdom by the sea.

The sun still does not set on the Union Flag.

Heck, you even include it on the flag of one of your states!
And at least most of us here in Great Britain are actually aware of
there being a world beyond our borders, unlike a very large proportion
of USians.

The Brits had better pay attention to the rest of the world since they are so dependent on it for their very survival.

We Americans pay no attention to such a small and insignificant nation as Britain (no longer Great), most especially when it comes to how to use the English language.

Then start calling your (per)version of it American (or, better still

USian, as Canada does at least attempt to stick to proper spelling,
and is just as much America as the US).

Nope, our language is the correct English that is universally understood around the world. Hells Bells, it is impossible to even understand what Brits are saying half the time their dialects are so atrocious.

The English are like all island people residing off a continent, weird and peculiar.

Don't forget the Scots, Welsh, and Ulstermen - they are also part of

the UK.
And our Monarch is also head of state of many other countries,
including an entire continent.

I was thinking of the Japanese who are another really weird people. Like Britain it is an island nation off a continent.

Trails are for walking. Whats the matter? Cant walk?

Too thick to remember?

I've already told you I can't walk anymore.
But then that was in plain English - maybe I should translate that
into USian for you? Or you could use a dictionary.

Everything I write in these posts to RBS is to a universe of readers, never to just anyone in particular unless I am calling you out personally for being incredibly blockheaded.

Err... a little enlargement on the words "universe of readers".

Is that the universe of people who appear here in the group to cheer
on their Great Hero Ed?

Given that these masses of supporters seem to be so inconspicuous
perhaps a little evidence that they actually exist would be helpful in
evaluating your statement.

Or perhaps these multitudes are simply in your imagination, standing
there cheering on their hero.

Delusions of Grandeur indeed.

From the Wiki:
-------------------------
Grandiose delusions (GD) or delusions of grandeur is principally a
subtype of delusional disorder that occurs in patients suffering from
a wide range of mental illnesses, including two-thirds of patients in
manic state of bipolar disorder, half of those with schizophrenia and
a substantial portion of those with substance abuse disorders
-------------------------

The common sufferer seems to be either Maniac, Bipolar, Schizophrenic,
or smoking the "good ****".
--
Cheers,

John B.
Old December 19th 13, 06:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

"John B." wrote in message ...

On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 22:46:24 -0600, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:
[...]

Everything I write in these posts to RBS is to a universe of readers, never to just anyone in particular – unless I am calling you out personally for being incredibly blockheaded.

Err... a little enlargement on the words "universe of readers".

Is that the universe of people who appear here in the group to cheer

on their Great Hero Ed?

Not everyone who might be following this thread will want to post to it. So far all I have seen are a small group of mountain bikers who want to cheer one another on. The reason for this is because of the paucity of their argument. It is a case of idiots banding together for self-protection.

Given that these masses of supporters seem to be so inconspicuous

perhaps a little evidence that they actually exist would be helpful in
evaluating your statement.

Or perhaps these multitudes are simply in your imagination, standing

there cheering on their hero.

You might indeed be surprised who is reading these posts. After all, this is RBS which covers quite a compass of subjects.
[...]

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

Old December 19th 13, 11:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
John B.[_3_]

On Thu, 19 Dec 2013 00:00:24 -0600, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

"John B." wrote in message ...

On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 22:46:24 -0600, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:
[...]

[...]

Yes, I'm sure that there are literally "multitudes" of people who are
awaiting with baited breath for the illustrious Ed to open his mouth
and drop yet another pearl of wisdom.

At least in your imagination.

The rest of us likely a have a bit closer relationship with reality.
--
Cheers,

John B.
Old December 19th 13, 09:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

"EdwardDolan" wrote in message ...
[...]

The kind of trails that you can cycle on are not the kind of
trails that I am interested in. The kind of trails that hikers love are not the
kind of trails where you ever want to see a cyclist. It doesnt reduce to
different types and volumes of traffic. It is about what a trail is for. If it
is for fun and games, then it is for cyclists. If it is for a serious encounter
with nature, then it is for hikers. There is just no getting around the fact
that cyclists need their own trails entirely separated from hiking trails. It is
more an esthetic value than a religious value. Purpose is
everything!

Blackblade wrote:

This would make sense if all cyclists were the same. However, just as some walk to appreciate nature and others to get fit and compete so it is with cyclists. If purpose is everything then, presumably, you would be happy to welcome cyclists who were there to appreciate nature rather than ride fast and technical trails ?

A cyclist is forever moving too fast to appreciate what nature has to offer. The conflict is irreconcilable.

I am going to expand on my answer above because it gets to the heart of my objection to cyclists on hiking trails.

A cyclist riding a trail is there for fun and games no matter what he might think to the contrary. It is so because in order to ride a bike on a trail requires ALL of your attention, whether going fast or slow. That is not the case with walking. You move along at a very measured pace and take in all that surrounds you. The only time a cyclist can do that is when he is stopped. Hikers and cyclists are doing different things on the trail due strictly to their different modes of locomotion. They are there in fact for different PURPOSES ... and those purposes conflict.

Hikers do not appreciate what cyclists do on the trails. It is highly inappropriate. Cyclists prove this over and over again by many of them constructing their own trails in order to experience ever greater thrills. They simply have no interest in the traditional reasons for going for a walk in the woods. The conflict is more a mental one than a physical one, although that comes into play too. Because what cyclists are doing is so different from what hikers are doing, there can never be any accommodation for them. Cyclists need their own trails so they can do their own thing and not be constantly annoying hikers by their very presence.

Here are some reports from the hiking and equestrian community that bikers should acknowledge. Not all is peace and quiet on the trails here in America ... which may differ from trails in England and elsewhere in the world. There is a war going on and not to be aware of it means that you are out of the loop and do not know what you are blathering about. Either get some clues or get lost!

Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 23:26:09 -0800
Subject: Mountain bikers flock to Santa Cruz for illegal trails

I've done my last Fireworks 50 (Wilder, Pogonip, etc.) because the trails
have become so unattractive, almost ugly: heavy gravel applications in
places, and down closer to Hwy. One, the mt.bikes have caused such heavy
erosion and deep grooves you don't know where to direct your horse! TWICE
the trail markings were vandalized. The Ride Manager had used
biodegradable paint on trailside weeds to mark the trails because ribbons,
used in years past, were stolen hand over fist. The mt.bikers pulled up
the dead weeds with paint on and put them on the fork going the wrong way.
Luckily, I was riding with a group that knew the area well and knew that
this was deliberately done. A riding friend of mine had a mt.biker say to
him as he pedaled by, "I can't wait until we get you horsepeople out of
this park."
About Friends of Tamarancho building a technical trail supposedly
linking to a skills park: the skills park will be at Stafford Lake,
north of Novato, and that's miles and miles away from Tamarancho, which
is near Fairfax. The Open Space Preserve closest to Stafford Lake
would be Mt. Burdell and there is no direct connection between the two
and as far as I know, none in the works (private property between). I
don't know what De Young can be talking about. CB

Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 08:44:15 -0800
From: Karen Sullivan

my note and opinion:: according to my daughter, Wilder State Park has
such heavy and unregulated bike use that the next-door stable clients
do not ride there. Speeding bikes are the rule, not the exception.
When my daughter rode there, mountain bikers regularly speed right
next to her horse, not slowing down or saying anything. The equestrian
community is scared to death to say anything under fear the horses
will be shut out. This is a classic example of displacement of a
historic trail users with no recourse and no consideration at all from
State Parks.

As far as Pogonip, it was heavily contested and fought as about the
ONLY park last left for quiet hiking without mountain bikes whizzing
by.

Camp Tamarancho is an environmental nightmare, with banked hard trails
curving around the native trees and steep hillside...compaction of
tree roots and dirt built up into the root and trunk zone. By putting
in "head high berms and jumps" as the article mentions; you are
creating a BMX course, not a trail

The entire article is about the mountain bikers pushing for access. I
see no inclination to make things safer for other user groups.

Old December 20th 13, 02:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
John B.[_3_]

On Thu, 19 Dec 2013 21:06:06 +0000, Phil W Lee
wrote:

John B. considered Thu, 19 Dec 2013 18:52:12
+0700 the perfect time to write:

wrote:

"John B." wrote in message ...

On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 22:46:24 -0600, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:
[...]

[...]

I suppose at least his outpourings are evidence of one thing:
Conditions in psychiatric hospitals must be considerably improved over
those that prevailed in past years, as now they appear to even have
internet access provided for the inmates.

He may not be clinically insane, it may just be an obsession with him.
You know, some blokes love women, some love men, and apparently Ed
loves "trails".

Remember that Ed resides in California (which some USians refer to as
"the land of the fruits and nuts") so perhaps the adoration of
pathways is more common there than in other, more traditionally
oriented, parts of the country.
--
Cheers,

John B.
Old December 20th 13, 05:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

"John B." wrote in message ...

On Thu, 19 Dec 2013 00:00:24 -0600, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:
[...]

You might indeed be surprised who is reading these posts. After all, this is RBS which covers quite a compass of subjects.
[...]
Yes, I'm sure that there are literally "multitudes" of people who are

awaiting with baited breath for the illustrious Ed to open his mouth
and drop yet another pearl of wisdom.

At least in your imagination.

The rest of us likely a have a bit closer relationship with reality.

RBS has fallen on hard times as has all of Usenet. But you should have seen it in the olden days. There were hundreds of posts weekly from dozens of ever changing members. Newsgroups were once exciting places to be. But all un-moderated newsgroups were doomed from the get go. I said so at the time and I have been proven right. But then everything I say is always correct. You should listen more and blather less.

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

Old December 20th 13, 05:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

"Phil W Lee" wrote in message ...
[...]

I suppose at least his [Ed Dolan the Great] outpourings are evidence of one thing:

Conditions in psychiatric hospitals must be considerably improved over
those that prevailed in past years, as now they appear to even have
internet access provided for the inmates.

There were some truly crazy folks on this newsgroup many years ago. In fact, a few of them were even dangerous. All kinds of shenanigans were being let loose. Whereas I, on the other hand, have always been a model of sanity and probity. Emulate My Greatness and you will never go wrong.

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great
Old December 20th 13, 06:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

"John B." wrote in message ...

On Thu, 19 Dec 2013 21:06:06 +0000, Phil W Lee
wrote:
[...]

I suppose at least his outpourings are evidence of one thing:
Conditions in psychiatric hospitals must be considerably improved over
those that prevailed in past years, as now they appear to even have
internet access provided for the inmates.

He may not be clinically insane, it may just be an obsession with him.

You know, some blokes love women, some love men, and apparently Ed
loves "trails".

Remember that Ed resides in California (which some USians refer to as

"the land of the fruits and nuts") so perhaps the adoration of
pathways is more common there than in other, more traditionally
oriented, parts of the country.

Actually, I reside in Minnesota. But California is on the front line in the battle between hikers and bikers. And whatever happens in California the rest of the country is sure to follow. Mr. Vandeman is fighting the good fight mainly in California whereas I reside in a backwater (SW Minnesota is locally known as “the boondocks”).

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great