cheapish HRM

Old October 1st 03, 10:45 PM
thebow

Default cheapish HRM

thebow wrote:
Dick smith have them for $79 - not as cheap as the ALDI ones but worth a
look as well.
I might pick one of them up as I have been looking for one as well so
I'll let you know what it's like if you are interested?

Oh BTW - the dse one is an Atech which has had a bit of negative press
but by the looks of it your milage with them may vary..

Old October 1st 03, 10:45 PM
Cletus75

thebow wrote:
Oh BTW - the dse one is an Atech which has had a bit of negative press
but by the looks of it your milage with them may vary..

The DSE A-Tech one is the model I bought for my oldies (bit hard to
justify a Polar 720i for them..). The cheststrap is rather chunky, but I
figured that's fine, its cheap. But it has been back for exchange a few
times within 12 months, which is a few times more than I would think
acceptable.

Seriously, I've seen a Polar A1 for $80 recently (on sale). I've had two
Polars now (admittedly not the cheapies) and never had a problem with
them. Spend the money - it's worth it.

Old October 1st 03, 10:45 PM
Cletus75

Cletus75 wrote:
The DSE A-Tech one is the model I bought for my oldies (bit hard to
justify a Polar 720i for them..). The cheststrap is rather chunky, but I
figured that's fine, its cheap. But it has been back for exchange a few
times within 12 months, which is a few times more than I would think
acceptable.
Seriously, I've seen a Polar A1 for $80 recently (on sale). I've had two
Polars now (admittedly not the cheapies) and never had a problem with
them. Spend the money - it's worth it.

Been trying to find where I saw that one on sale and came across this
site... http://www.dickinson.com.au/prices/polar.asp

First reaction was - not a bad price, then I noted the address. I used
to live in that building!!! It's a block of apartments - he's on the 2nd
floor. So obviously not a company with a huge amount of backing (or
overhead, hence the prices I guess...).