OT. Rec.bicycles.tech hijacked by Trolls? Usenet too?

Old August 16th 14, 08:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Radey Shouman

Default OT. Rec.bicycles.tech hijacked by Trolls? Usenet too?

writes:

No, I'm in Florida but I was in the area for 5 years and am traveling
back next week thru OK and Wyoming. I was doing animal behavior
research, begun from a bicycle commute, with Orca San Juan islands and
grackles...my local tree frog is calling....hehehehe....above Yuma on
the Colorado.

I would try moving thru the area going N-S.I drive a Ford E250 5.4 OHC
with a GT suspension....Cal 89 is a favorite.

My off road bike is a steel Redline Champ cyclocross replica. I've
ridden out of Bishop toward the lava field and plan on Mammoth next
year. This winter the south CDT where tolerable.

I'm in good physical condition but 68+ so extensive climbing is not in order.

The epic trip is posted in Bikepacker under trip reports. There is an
online magazine for Rocky Mountain MTB trips, several for California.

We had gone back and forth on weight in BP forums with the ultra
riders educating me...the trip you read of is bottomline there or
topline....

I'm more declined for a few more pounds of comfort that would not
allow speed thru the areas read of. Plod is more like it.

TSD suffers and as a CDT vet told me...'you maynot be fast enough to
do it (the CDT) as a slow rider runs out of water and....then
supplying for slowness adds more slownessnessness...

There's a threshold in there somewhere. Limited supply points...eg if
the supply point s 2 days away for a slow rider but 1/2 day for a fast
rider then how many moose are there in Grant NM ?

There was a long, contentious, and involved discussion not long ago on
this very problem as applied to bombing Argentines.
Old August 16th 14, 09:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 8/16/2014 2:57 PM, Radey Shouman wrote:
writes:

[...]

Proving the Teheran mission should go swimmingly.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old August 16th 14, 11:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

golly talk abt thread hijack......

http://www.bikepacking.net/routes/gr...in-bike-route/

Time Speed Distance

Continental Divide Trail which is for bikes the Great Divide Mountain Bike Route