My Ride

Old October 14th 04, 07:30 AM
Blair P. Houghton

Default My Ride

I was going to make a photo essay out of this, but the pictures
of my Campy seat-post nut didn't come out, so I bailed on it.

At any rate, here's my ride.

http://blair.houghton.net/holdsworth.jpg

The proper caption for that picture would be, "No nonsense."

--Blair
"Tomorrow I ride."
Old October 14th 04, 06:31 PM
dgk

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 06:30:14 GMT, Blair P. Houghton wrote:

I was going to make a photo essay out of this, but the pictures
of my Campy seat-post nut didn't come out, so I bailed on it.

At any rate, here's my ride.

http://blair.houghton.net/holdsworth.jpg

The proper caption for that picture would be, "No nonsense."

--Blair
"Tomorrow I ride."

Where do you stick the spare tube and pump?
Old October 14th 04, 06:46 PM
John Thompson

On 2004-10-14, Blair P Houghton wrote:

I was going to make a photo essay out of this, but the pictures
of my Campy seat-post nut didn't come out, so I bailed on it.

At any rate, here's my ride.

http://blair.houghton.net/holdsworth.jpg

Nice ride. Here's some of mine:

http://www.os2.dhs.org/pictures/gallery/bikes

The proper caption for that picture would be, "No nonsense."

Acording to my wife, the caption for mine is "WHAT!? Another bike?"

--

-John )
Old October 15th 04, 04:20 AM
Blair P. Houghton

dgk wrote:
On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 06:30:14 GMT, Blair P. Houghton wrote:

http://blair.houghton.net/holdsworth.jpg

The proper caption for that picture would be, "No nonsense."

"Tomorrow I ride."

Where do you stick the spare tube and pump?

In the garage.

--Blair
"Maybe I walk home."

Old October 16th 04, 10:19 PM
Blair P. Houghton

dgk wrote:
On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 06:30:14 GMT, Blair P. Houghton wrote:

http://blair.houghton.net/holdsworth.jpg

The proper caption for that picture would be, "No nonsense."

"Tomorrow I ride."

Where do you stick the spare tube and pump?

In the garage.

"Maybe I walk home."

Oh.

My normal ride is a 4.5-mile loop that takes me about a
mile from my house in either direction. If I go down the
hill at one end I can end up 5 miles from home, but there
are usually a dozen other riders out there when I'm riding
(hills and straight, lightly-travelled roads being rare
around town) so I can bum a patch and some glue if I ever
flat there.

--Blair
"Pay them back with breakfast, if
they want."
Old October 18th 04, 02:35 PM
dgk

dgk wrote:
On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 06:30:14 GMT, Blair P. Houghton wrote:

http://blair.houghton.net/holdsworth.jpg

The proper caption for that picture would be, "No nonsense."

"Tomorrow I ride."

Where do you stick the spare tube and pump?

In the garage.

"Maybe I walk home."

Oh.

My normal ride is a 4.5-mile loop that takes me about a
mile from my house in either direction. If I go down the
hill at one end I can end up 5 miles from home, but there
are usually a dozen other riders out there when I'm riding
(hills and straight, lightly-travelled roads being rare
around town) so I can bum a patch and some glue if I ever
flat there.

--Blair
"Pay them back with breakfast, if
they want."

Convenient. I'm bike commuting so I have to drag that stuff along. I'm
almost always within walking distance of a subway entrance but it
would be pretty inconvenient. Might be better than trying to change a
flat when it's 20F outside though.
Old October 20th 04, 11:15 PM
Blair P. Houghton

dgk wrote:
[...]

This morning I flatted in probably the most convenient
part of the entire ride that isn't actually in front of
my house. I had to carry the bike across about 100 yards
of desert (and an abandoned road between two parallel
roads; it's an interesting place from a civil-engineering
standpoint) to get home.

I was too ****ed off at yet another broken bottle on my
loop to fix the flat and go out again. I think next time
out I'll take my MTB and a broom and do a loop where I
just stop and sweep the glass off to the side.

Tomorrow is a gym day. I'll fix the flat then. I think I may
buy some new tires tonight, as well. Maybe Friday. Tempe Bicycle
is having a huge sale and I might score some sweet rubber in my size.

--Blair
"Trojan Magnums, of course."