So I did my own custom Paint job!!

Old January 1st 09, 10:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Yobiker

Default So I did my own custom Paint job!!

So i decided to go ahead and get rid of that standard KH blue on my
trials uni. I decided to paint my frame Vermillian Orange. I wanted to
do my paint job the right way so I decided to powdercoat the frame. The
whole project involved chemically stripping the original blue powdercoat
from the frame, preping the bare metal, applying the powdercoat, and
finally curing the coat at 400degrees for about 20mins. In total the
whole project took me about 3-4hours to complete. Hope you like it. I
will probably be posting other powdercoat jobs in the future.
-Click on any of the pictures to enlarge them.-
Final product.
'[image:
http://thumb10.webshots.net/t/63/563/1/1/29/2424101290085764830UIAYaS_th.jpg]'
(http://tinyurl.com/a8kgxq)

Here are some pics of the steps I went through to paint the frame.
'[image:
http://thumb10.webshots.net/t/66/566/4/43/92/2283443920085764830fXgWpH_th.jpg]'
(http://tinyurl.com/6u372x)
'[image:
http://thumb10.webshots.net/t/52/752/0/66/28/2058066280085764830cGfuDP_th.jpg]'
(http://tinyurl.com/9fwagu)
'[image:
http://thumb10.webshots.net/t/73/73/5/81/85/2604581850085764830fAAnWG_th.jpg]'
(http://tinyurl.com/7b824g)
'[image:
http://thumb10.webshots.net/t/73/73/4/39/61/2671439610085764830FiHyjL_th.jpg]'
(http://tinyurl.com/86hp9f)
'[image:
http://thumb10.webshots.net/t/52/752/4/87/25/2202487250085764830JxJrip_th.jpg]'
(http://tinyurl.com/745l38)
'[image:
http://thumb10.webshots.net/t/72/172/0/10/56/2527010560085764830xPXSPJ_th.jpg]'
(http://tinyurl.com/7wfb87)
'[image:
http://thumb10.webshots.net/t/52/752/9/83/96/2018983960085764830NxwCZf_th.jpg]'
(http://tinyurl.com/9nyoz5)
'[image:
http://thumb10.webshots.net/t/74/74/5/68/25/2481568250085764830PZYmlF_th.jpg]'
(http://tinyurl.com/98ttfm)

--
Yobiker
Old January 1st 09, 10:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UniKid2

Looks great with the orange Twisted PC's

--
UniKid2

_*Approximate*_
'Countdown To OUI' 09' (http://tinyurl.com/6axmep)

*Vive le Québec Libre!*

unipsyco:i have tried my friend's kh and it's really killing my
knees..
sp4rky-m4rky:i swear you must be doing something wrong.
Old January 1st 09, 10:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
IsaacSteiner

That's so awesome. I want to find a custom powdercoated around my
area...

I have a hard time telling if it's orange or red?

-Isaac

--
IsaacSteiner

*my sponsors:*

*
'Bedford Unicycles' (www.bedfordunicycles.ca)

'Unicycle.tv' (www.unicycle.tv)*
Old January 1st 09, 10:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Biggestbtc

Nice! Looks really nice, although I would've kept the blue.

Is that a normal oven?

--
Biggestbtc

~Benjamin
Unicycle For Christ

Old January 1st 09, 11:25 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Yobiker

Yeah the lighting is kinda bad in the photos, but its bright orange. The
oven i used was an old oven from a cafe. It used for powdercoat curing
only now! lol

--
Yobiker
Old January 1st 09, 11:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Michaelgoround

Nice J O B.

--
Michaelgoround
Old January 2nd 09, 02:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
sigve

wow that's nice! i want to powdercoat mine, and i was starting with
removing the paint. I had this paint remover that you just take on, and
used it several times, but still it just wont go off completely!

30574
I kind of failed. I just let the paint remover for 1 hour or so and
then after several times ended up like this.. what to do?

|Filename: DSCN1427.jpg |

sigve

_*Sorry_for_my_english_it's_not_great,_but_I_work_ hard_to_get_it_better_
*_
Old January 2nd 09, 02:52 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
madmattunipro

Yes! Another one to join the ranks of bright orange unis... great job!

--
madmattunipro

Unicycle For Christ

www.bedfordunicycles.ca

http://www.norco.com
Old January 2nd 09, 03:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

Yobiker;1162225 wrote:
The oven i used was an old oven from a cafe. It used for powdercoat
curing only now! lol

I read that once you powdercoat w/ it you aren't supposed to ever use
it for food again.

I also read you can do it w/ a toaster oven (if getting or storing a
full oven is a problem), but I doubt you'd find one big enough for a
frame. I think I read that agentQ PC'd his cranks several times w/ a
cheap toaster oven.

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.- Bob Burnquist

What next? 'IUF skill levels'
(http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/levels/)*'
Street'
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia/Street)*'unicycletips.com'
(http://unicycletips.com/)*'Trials class system'
(http://tinyurl.com/yqpvxk)*'Trials Building'
Old January 2nd 09, 03:25 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Yobiker

sigve;1162359 wrote:
wow that's nice! i want to powdercoat mine, and i was starting with
removing the paint. I had this paint remover that you just take on, and
used it several times, but still it just wont go off completely!

30574
I kind of failed. I just let the paint remover for 1 hour or so and
then after several times ended up like this.. what to do?

you gotta keep re-applying the stripper and let it sit for a while.
scrap the paint off while its still wet and bubbling. you might want to
purchase a powdercoat dissovler as well, its expensive but works
wonders.

--
Yobiker