My CF Adventure

Old March 20th 13, 02:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
T0m $herman

Default My CF(RP) Adventure

On 3/19/2013 11:37 AM, davethedave wrote:
On Tue, 19 Mar 2013 04:26:48 -0500, T0m $herman wrote:

On 3/11/2013 3:09 PM, Jay Beattie wrote:
So, my friend is trying to sell his Specialized Roubaix, and he set me
up on the bike for a ride last Saturday. Not withstanding my status as
former Cat 3 and Masters pack-filler and renowned commuter, I had never
ridden a CF bike [...]

CF = crank forward.

CFRP = carbon fiber reinforced polymer.

We would ask you not to be an asshat but that really does appear to be
beyond your abilities. Along with following contextual information
supplied with the post.

Wrong newsgroup buddy.

--
T0m $herm@n
Old March 20th 13, 02:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
T0m $herman

On 3/19/2013 9:00 PM, Ralph Barone wrote:
"T0m $herman" wrote:
On 3/11/2013 3:09 PM, Jay Beattie wrote:
So, my friend is trying to sell his Specialized Roubaix, and he set me
up on the bike for a ride last Saturday. Not withstanding my status as
former Cat 3 and Masters pack-filler and renowned commuter, I had
never ridden a CF bike [...]

CF = crank forward.

CFRP = carbon fiber reinforced polymer.

Mostly to you, Tom...

And jim beam.

--
T0m $herm@n
Old March 20th 13, 03:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jay Beattie

Default My CF Adventure

On Mar 19, 7:13*pm, "T0m $herman"
wrote:
On 3/19/2013 10:11 AM, AMuzi wrote:

On 3/19/2013 4:29 AM, T0m $herman wrote:
On 3/11/2013 8:13 PM, Jay Beattie wrote:
On Mar 11, 5:22 pm, datakoll wrote:
Jay, what auto(s) are in th garage ?

'97 Toyota 4Runner (about 60K miles). *The ski car --
going to
University of Utah with my son.
2011 Subaru Outback. *The wife's car and general do it all
car. *Why?

-- Jay Beattie.

Why does a college student need an automobile?

Hard to swap spit on two moving bicycles.

UW Madison used to prohibit students driving on campus.

My son's not a big driver, and I doubt the truck will get much use --
except to drive up the canyons to go skiing. I agree that he doesn't
need it -- it's more of a "want it" thing and something for us to use
when we come visiting. I'm not so sure about this decision, and
things may change. I didn't own a car until I was 25, but I had
access to one if I needed it. When I worked ambulance in college, I
always got a lot of sh** about not owning a car and riding my bike to
work.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old March 20th 13, 03:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
T0m $herman

On 3/19/2013 10:34 PM, Jay Beattie wrote:
On Mar 19, 7:13 pm, "T0m $herman"
wrote:
[...]

Colleges should also bring back segregated dorms, curfew, mandatory 6 AM
PT..., as well as adding Saudi style moral police.

--
T0m $herm@n
Old March 20th 13, 04:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:
[...]

heh heh.

I lived in a women's dorm for a semester (girlfriend's
roommate withdrew 2d week of classes) and carried my bike up
a stairwell every evening. Probably couldn't get away with
that sort of thing nowadays but humans are inherently
devious. You build a wall, we get a ladder, etc.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old March 20th 13, 08:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Mar 19, 11:34*pm, Jay Beattie wrote:

On 3/11/2013 8:13 PM, Jay Beattie wrote:

'97 Toyota 4Runner (about 60K miles). *The ski car --
going to
University of Utah with my son.
2011 Subaru Outback. *The wife's car and general do it all
car.

My son's not a big driver, and I doubt the truck will get much use --
except to drive up the canyons to go skiing. *I agree that he doesn't
need it -- it's more of a "want it" thing and something for us to use
when we come visiting. *I'm not so sure about this decision, and
things may change.

Too bad University of Utah doesn't have a Zip Car program. Sounds
like that's what your son needs.

If you start here, you may be able to request they start one up:
http://www.zipcar.com/universities

- Frank Krygowski
Old March 20th 13, 11:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

UW Madison used to prohibit students driving on campus.

yah daze all flippin ripped on southern comfort
Old March 20th 13, 11:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

wrote:

[...]

do we get a photo of thhhhissss ?

I herd you look good in an electric blue wig n sequined outfit.
Old March 21st 13, 03:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
T0m $herman

wrote:

[...]

Mr. Muzi has the shoes to go with that outfit.

http://www.yellowjersey.org/HALL02AM.JPG

--
T0m $herm@n
Old March 21st 13, 05:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:

[...]

Women's 9 medium, $5~10 used.