"Classics" stages in future TDF's?

Old July 26th 05, 01:51 AM
Jean S. Barto

Default "Classics" stages in future TDF's?

Just like everyone else here, I'm going through a little *TDF withdrawl*
today, and although I enjoyed watching this year's TDF, I must say I found
last year's route more exciting. I'm not a cyclist, only a middle-aged fan
and *wanna-be*, and I recall there was a lot of controversy about the pave
in one or two of last year's stages. Some folks thought it brought some
excitement to the race, but many others thought it didn't belong in the
TDF--and perhaps it was put in last year only to derail Lance..

So, do you think there will be another *classics* stage in a future TDF?
I'd go over there in a minute if there was another one!

Jean in VA

Old July 26th 05, 02:54 AM
Colin Campbell

Jean S. Barto wrote:

Just like everyone else here, I'm going through a little *TDF withdrawl*
today, and although I enjoyed watching this year's TDF, I must say I found
last year's route more exciting. I'm not a cyclist, only a middle-aged fan
and *wanna-be*, and I recall there was a lot of controversy about the pave
in one or two of last year's stages. Some folks thought it brought some
excitement to the race, but many others thought it didn't belong in the
TDF--and perhaps it was put in last year only to derail Lance..

So, do you think there will be another *classics* stage in a future TDF?
I'd go over there in a minute if there was another one!

Jean in VA

When you wrote "withdrawl", I figured you had to be from Texas!

I have been "with drawl" my entire life, despite decades in California....
Old July 26th 05, 10:11 AM
Bart Van Hoorebeeck

Cauberg finish in 2006.

What's DC's future? Bill C Racing 6 July 23rd 05 03:02 AM
end the flat stages Callistus Valerius Racing 7 July 8th 05 05:23 PM
Lance needs two more stages for 20 (A Whole GT) lifetime!!! Ronde Champ Racing 12 July 22nd 04 08:16 PM