Unaugural 2008: Some bad news, a roll call, and a vote

Old April 17th 08, 10:50 PM posted to aus.motorcycles,aus.bicycle
Mike OConnor

Default Unaugural 2008: Some bad news, a roll call, and a vote

Nev.. wrote:
SteveB wrote:
On Apr 17, 9:11 am, "Theo Bekkers" wrote:
BT Humble wrote:
The bad news:
In spite of my ongoing efforts to learn the valuable skill of weather
control, I haven't been able to make it rain at Funkytown this month.
That means that we won't be able to have a bonfire this year. I'm
sorry, but there's just too much dry grass about..
It's bloody pouring here in Perth today. We're well on track for one
of out
wettest Aprils on record. We passed the fifth wettest yesterday.

Bloody global warming!

Theo

Oi! Don't be so bloody greedy. Send some over to Melbourne where we
need it!

Bloody gubiment has started plans to take water out of the productive
farming areas in the Goulburn Valley and pipe to to Melbourne to water
the conctrete. So any rain we get is sorely needed.

Speak for yourself. Bloody marvellous motorcycling weather here in
sunny Melbourne. According to the BoM so far this month in Perth city
they've had 131mm of rain and the BoM station closest to me in suburban
Melbourne has measured 6.8mm, but it's on the hill over the river, which
gets more rain than I do.. my gauge has only registered 4mm for the month.

Nev..
'07 XB12X

I think I'll cycle to work today. That should break the drought.

Moike
Old April 18th 08, 12:26 AM posted to aus.motorcycles,aus.bicycle
BT Humble

Moike wrote:
I think I'll cycle to work today. That should break the drought.

Maybe. Did you peg out the washing and wash the Superboike too?

BTH
Old April 18th 08, 06:31 AM posted to aus.motorcycles,aus.bicycle

On Apr 16, 8:56 pm, BT Humble wrote:

The roll call:
If you're going to attend, please reply to this thread with an "aye"
and how many people you're bringing (I need a rough count so that I
can make sure I buy enough food).

Tentative "aye"...
Old April 19th 08, 06:37 AM posted to aus.motorcycles,aus.bicycle
SteveB

BT Humble wrote:
[...]

Hey, I didn't say it had to rain during the day when you are out
riding.
I'm happy for it to rain from midnight to 6am thank you very much.

SteveB
Old April 19th 08, 02:00 PM posted to aus.motorcycles,aus.bicycle
Nev..

SteveB wrote:
BT Humble wrote:
[...]

Now you're making baseless assumptions about when I ride. :P

Nev..
'07 XB12X
Old April 19th 08, 02:36 PM posted to aus.motorcycles,aus.bicycle
Damien[_2_]

BT Humble wrote:
The roll call:
If you're going to attend, please reply to this thread with an "aye"
and how many people you're bringing (I need a rough count so that I
can make sure I buy enough food).

aye, but I'm not sure yet whether it'll be a whistlestop visit or for
the duration - at this stage, I need to be in about 3 places that
weekend, all at least 40km from each other! More than likely just myself
this time, and I might even turn up on two wheels this time.

The vote:
I'm comfortable with either a 2004-style medium-sized campfire or a
2006-style shed party. If you're a confirmed attendee, please cast
your vote so that I can make appropriate preparations over the next 2
weeks.

I'm a pyro from way back, so I wouldn't be turning down a chance to see
stuff burn. :-) But a shed party is still fine with me if the
environmentals don't favour the other option.
Old April 19th 08, 05:04 PM posted to aus.motorcycles,aus.bicycle
Fulliautomatix

BT Humble wrote:
The bad news:
In spite of my ongoing efforts to learn the valuable skill of weather
control, I haven't been able to make it rain at Funkytown this month.
That means that we won't be able to have a bonfire this year. I'm
sorry, but there's just too much dry grass about..

The roll call:
If you're going to attend, please reply to this thread with an "aye"
and how many people you're bringing (I need a rough count so that I
can make sure I buy enough food).

The vote:
I'm comfortable with either a 2004-style medium-sized campfire or a
2006-style shed party. If you're a confirmed attendee, please cast
your vote so that I can make appropriate preparations over the next 2
weeks.

The only situation I can see it being possible to have a bonfire is if
it's raining on the day, and I suspect that's pretty damned unlikely.

BTH

tentative aye
Old April 20th 08, 12:59 PM posted to aus.motorcycles,aus.bicycle
SteveB

On Apr 19, 11:00 pm, "Nev.." wrote:
SteveB wrote:
BT Humble wrote:
[...]

That was a "royal" you, as in a generic term for any rider, not you
personally.

Sheesh, touchy...

SteveB
Old April 26th 08, 11:48 PM posted to aus.motorcycles,aus.bicycle
Peter

"BT Humble" wrote in message
[...]

m(aye)be
I like fire

:-P

Old April 27th 08, 10:27 AM posted to aus.motorcycles,aus.bicycle
Aeek

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 03:56:39 -0700 (PDT), BT Humble
wrote:

The only situation I can see it being possible to have a bonfire is if
it's raining on the day, and I suspect that's pretty damned unlikely.

looking at the radar, some of today's rain may have reached Funkytown.