Dangerous Paths

Old April 22nd 08, 01:52 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Aeek

Default Dangerous Paths

Lucky I was going up hill, riding home tonight I stopped suddenly.
I'd picked up a chunk of wood and wedged it against the front brake.
The hazards of paths.
Old April 23rd 08, 12:43 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Duncan

On Apr 22, 10:52 pm, Aeek wrote:
Lucky I was going up hill, riding home tonight I stopped suddenly.
I'd picked up a chunk of wood and wedged it against the front brake.
The hazards of paths.

ouch...

with all the rain we've been getting in Siderney lately, the roads and
paths are strewn with all sorts of crap. The usual sticks, branches,
rocks washed from the verge etc.. and now the (fantastically built)
roads are really breaking up, there's chunks of tar scattered near
every new pothole.

Was rather soggy this morning.
Old April 23rd 08, 01:48 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bean Long

Aeek wrote:
Lucky I was going up hill, riding home tonight I stopped suddenly.
I'd picked up a chunk of wood and wedged it against the front brake.
The hazards of paths.

Similar situation on Adelaide Ave Aeek. It's been ****eful lately and
there's always been an area next to Hughes heading south (I suppose it's
Yarra Glen actually) where there's little lumps of wood every month or
so. It's like someone has been parking a mulcher there late at night and
mulching trees, leaving large splinters of wood all over the road
(primarily in the bike lane). Not usually a big problem as I can swerve
around them, but now it's getting dark early I hit one the night before
and again last night, resulting in a pinch cut and a very unhappy
cyclist changing a tube in the dark! Do you know the spot I'm talking
about Aeek?
Old April 23rd 08, 09:08 AM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble

Duncan wrote:
with all the rain we've been getting in Siderney lately, the roads and
paths are strewn with all sorts of crap. The usual sticks, branches,
rocks washed from the verge etc.. and now the (fantastically built)
roads are really breaking up, there's chunks of tar scattered near
every new pothole.

Was rather soggy this morning.

We haven't had that kind of problem in Canberra for a while!

BTH

Bridle paths Paul Boyd UK 33 June 5th 06 08:56 PM
LAB and bike paths Veloise General 14 October 15th 05 04:32 PM
Segregated paths Mike Causer UK 23 March 21st 05 09:15 PM
"cycle paths are dangerous" IanB UK 36 August 12th 03 04:00 PM