New to Shimano -- is this normal?

Old August 31st 04, 06:35 PM
Larry Coon

Francesco Devittori wrote:

You said that you cannot shift while braking. This is strange, I tried
it yesterday and I can: upshifting goes without problems. Downshifting
requires a bit more effort to find a finger that can do it, but with a
bit of practice it becomes easy.

After about 300 miles on the bike, I can now report that
it definitely DOES happen, but I've also found the lever
(the brake lever, not the inner lever) "stuck" where it
wouldn't shift at all, braking or not. If I shift the
inner lever it frees the outer lever, and I can then do
two shifts to get to where I wanted to be. This happens
about one shift out of 50.

Larry Coon
University of California

Old September 1st 04, 09:41 AM
Stan Cox

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

vecchio-true again, see above. a 'loose' inner wire for the front der when on
the smallest ring may help this.

ICO- -- I can't change gears while braking. Do people
brake with the front, shift with the back and
vice-versa? BRBR

Vecchio-true again, when the shift lever is also the brake lever-you cannot.

Well thats another impossible thing I do all the time then

Stan Cox