Headband

Old July 18th 09, 07:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Ears

Default Headband

Don't dismiss these 80's relics. They work excellently at keeping the
sweat out of the eyes during those long summer rides.
Old July 18th 09, 08:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article ,
Ears writes:
Don't dismiss these 80's relics. They work excellently at keeping the
sweat out of the eyes during those long summer rides.

I used to work for a medical/surgical supply company.

One day they got a marketeering pamphlet in the mail
from a company trying to sell Barron ligators. The
pamphlet even had a picture of their application.

Janice, the office grrll opened the letter, called
me over, showed me the picture, and said: "Oh my God,
look at what they're doing to this guy's eye!"

Bald guys shouldn't wear sweatbands.

I miss that job, and I daresay I miss Janice.

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
Old July 18th 09, 10:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Pat[_18_]

Ears wrote:
Don't dismiss these 80's relics. They work excellently at keeping the
sweat out of the eyes during those long summer rides.

You need the Halo headband. It has a strip of rubber that directs the sweat
off to the sides instead of letting it drip into your eyes.
http://store.haloheadband.com/HALO_I...rsion_s/27.htm

It's an updated and vastly superior version of the plain sweatband.

Pat in TX

Old July 19th 09, 04:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Jul 18, 5:34*pm, "Pat" wrote:
Ears wrote:
Don't dismiss these 80's relics. *They work excellently at keeping the
sweat out of the eyes during those long summer rides.

You need the Halo headband. It has a strip of rubber that directs the sweat
off to the sides instead of letting it drip into your eyes.http://store.haloheadband.com/HALO_I...rsion_s/27.htm

It's an updated and vastly superior version of the plain sweatband.

I haven't tried those. I gave up on conventional headbands long ago.
They just soaked with sweat, then dumped it blindingly in my eyes. In
fact, it seemed worse in some ways than having no headband, because it
kept sweat from evaporating.

For a long time, Then I tried some plastic, non-absorbent headband
that was claimed to work like a gutter, channeling sweat back down
one's temples. It didn't work for cycling, because when I ride, my
head tilts forward. It dumped in my eyes too.

Maybe that Halo band is better, but I've decided a traditional cycling
cap does a great job, better than anything I've tried.

- Frank Krygowski
Old July 19th 09, 10:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article ,
Frank Krygowski writes:
On Jul 18, 5:34*pm, "Pat" wrote:
Ears wrote:
[...]

ShamWow.

cheers,
Tom

Old July 19th 09, 05:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Pat[_18_]

Frank Krygowski wrote:

For a long time, Then I tried some plastic, non-absorbent headband
that was claimed to work like a gutter, channeling sweat back down
one's temples. It didn't work for cycling, because when I ride, my
head tilts forward. It dumped in my eyes too.

Maybe that Halo band is better, but I've decided a traditional cycling
cap does a great job, better than anything I've tried.

I saw that add for the plastic headband, but this Halo idea really works. It
redirects the sweat outward.

Pat in TX

Old July 21st 09, 10:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
JP

"Pat" wrote in message
Frank Krygowski wrote:

For a long time, Then I tried some plastic, non-absorbent headband
that was claimed to work like a gutter, channeling sweat back down
one's temples. It didn't work for cycling, because when I ride, my
head tilts forward. It dumped in my eyes too.

Maybe that Halo band is better, but I've decided a traditional cycling
cap does a great job, better than anything I've tried.

I saw that add for the plastic headband, but this Halo idea really works.
It redirects the sweat outward.

Pat in TX

I tried headbands and they do drown your eyes in sweat.
For me the cotton bandana works well.
The helmet vents keep evaporating sweat off the top.

Old July 27th 09, 08:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Paul O

Pat wrote, On 7/18/2009 5:34 PM:
Ears wrote:

Don't dismiss these 80's relics. They work excellently at keeping the
sweat out of the eyes during those long summer rides.

You need the Halo headband. It has a strip of rubber that directs the sweat
off to the sides instead of letting it drip into your eyes.
http://store.haloheadband.com/HALO_I...rsion_s/27.htm

It's an updated and vastly superior version of the plain sweatband.

Pat in TX

I'd like to second Pat's recommendation for Halo sweat bands. They
really work well in hot humid conditions.

Personally, I prefer the Halo bandanna mainly because it keeps the sun
off the rapidly expanding bald spot on the top of my head. See:
http://store.haloheadband.com/PROTEX_BANDANNAS_s/10.htm

Paul O.

--

Paul D Oosterhout
I work for SAIC (but I don't speak for SAIC)

Headband selection [email protected] Techniques 3 February 20th 07 05:05 PM
Flimsy Giro Headband Diablo Scott Techniques 4 December 30th 05 05:43 PM
Headband design n9jcv Unicycling 14 October 23rd 05 02:45 AM
FS:~~HALO HEADBAND~~ Barbour Warren Marketplace 0 July 19th 05 02:08 PM