$5K for an aluminum frame? Funny video.

Old August 14th 09, 06:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
SMS

Default $5K for an aluminum frame? Funny video.

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn29DvMITu4#watch-main-area"
Old August 14th 09, 06:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Cully J

On Aug 14, 12:22*pm, SMS wrote:
"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn29DvMITu4#watch-main-area"

Great video!

That part about fixed-gear hipsters is so true...

Cullen
Old August 14th 09, 06:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
SMS

Cully J wrote:
On Aug 14, 12:22 pm, SMS wrote:
"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn29DvMITu4#watch-main-area"

Great video!

That part about fixed-gear hipsters is so true...

Cullen

"Is that a steel frame from 1988, you might as well use it as an anchor
weight."

Ouch, that hit home as my Specialized Road bike is exactly that! Of
course to buy a CroMo frame these days will cost you a lot more than an
$8 aluminum frame.
Old August 14th 09, 09:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Aug 14, 6:45*pm, SMS wrote:
Cully J wrote:
On Aug 14, 12:22 pm, SMS wrote:
"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn29DvMITu4#watch-main-area"

Great video!

That part about fixed-gear hipsters is so true...

Cullen

"Is that a steel frame from 1988, you might as well use it as an anchor
weight."

Ouch, that hit home as my Specialized Road bike is exactly that! Of
course to buy a CroMo frame these days will cost you a lot more than an
$8 aluminum frame.

Don't get much for five grand these days. As I demonstrated not too
long ago, even a dullsville bog-standard Waterford frame will cost
over three grand once it is actually a useful frame, and more if you
go wild with the options. By the time you've fitted mechanics and
accessories, you might as well have bought a proper custom bike by a
proper European custom maker.

These considerations make those excellent Rivendell bikes look like
bargains, if you must express your isolationism by buying American. Or
you could swallow your pride and stay silent while Bruce Gordon tells
you that if his bike collapses under your fat ass, it is all your
fault, nothing to do with him. He won't give you a lot of change out
of five grand either.

Andre Jute
A roadie in full fig, arse in the air, is a visual incitement to
"pour encourager les autres"

Old August 15th 09, 12:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
someone

On 14 Aug, 18:45, SMS wrote:
Cully J wrote:
On Aug 14, 12:22 pm, SMS wrote:
"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn29DvMITu4#watch-main-area"

Great video!

That part about fixed-gear hipsters is so true...

Cullen

"Is that a steel frame from 1988, you might as well use it as an anchor
weight."

Ouch, that hit home as my Specialized Road bike is exactly that! Of
course to buy a CroMo frame these days will cost you a lot more than an
$8 aluminum frame.

I should hope so. Where can I find, oh yes, police auction. Unless
your frame is full of vent holes I think it will float if made from
tubing, at least for a short while. No good as an anchor, at least
not in deep water. Prbably quite good on mudflats or possibly sand.
Old August 15th 09, 01:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Norman

On Aug 14, 1:37*pm, Cully J wrote:
On Aug 14, 12:22*pm, SMS wrote:

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn29DvMITu4#watch-main-area"

Great video!

That part about fixed-gear hipsters is so true...

I like the pink Masi track with spoke-cards
hanging in his "workshop". Says it all, really.
Old August 15th 09, 02:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Ronko

In article ,
says...

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn29DvMITu4#watch-main-

area"

Very good. thanks.

Old August 16th 09, 08:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
aeiouy

"SMS" wrote in message
"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn29DvMITu4#watch-main-area"

Carbon fork, carbon stem and aluminum frame.. God I gotta get a carbon
frame. LOL

look at this funny video,it's me! gP Mountain Biking 4 September 28th 06 01:22 AM
[mtb] funny video, it's me! gP Techniques 2 September 26th 06 03:56 AM
New Funny Video BoojiBoy Unicycling 8 April 21st 05 02:47 PM
Funny bail video pete66 Unicycling 13 January 25th 05 11:47 PM