Does anyone see the Schlecks attacking tomorrow and Friday

Old July 20th 11, 06:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

Default Does anyone see the Schlecks attacking tomorrow and Friday

and putting enough time into AC and CE to win the Tour ?

Me neither.
Old July 20th 11, 06:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 20/07/2011 18:29, Anton Berlin wrote:
and putting enough time into AC and CE to win the Tour ?

Me neither.

They are saving their legs for the Hors catégorie climb on the Champs-Élysées.

Old July 20th 11, 08:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
--D-y

On Jul 20, 12:29*pm, Anton Berlin wrote:
and putting enough time into AC and CE to win the Tour ?

Me neither.

Only if they put shock collars on them (set to "burn") that are
activated if they turn around to look for each other.

Jeeze, Cadel certainly had a different look about him this morning--
just a quick moment seen on Versus.

Makes a big difference when you have a capable team. Like bringing a
gun to a gun fight instead of a shirt with a target on the back and
front.
--D-y
Old July 20th 11, 08:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Choppy Warburton

They need a hans device made of duct tape like they use in RAAM
Old July 20th 11, 09:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

On Jul 20, 11:29*am, Anton Berlin wrote:
and putting enough time into AC and CE to win the Tour ?

Me neither.

As I read the subject line, all I could think of was that line used by
Larry the Cable Guy, "that's funny right there, I don't care who you
are".
Old July 21st 11, 05:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Brad Anders

On Jul 20, 10:29*am, Anton Berlin wrote:
and putting enough time into AC and CE to win the Tour ?

Me neither.

A Schleck Attack is similar to the twitch of an eyelid. If you're not
watching, you could miss it.
Old July 21st 11, 04:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Brad Anders

On Jul 20, 9:22*pm, Brad Anders wrote:
On Jul 20, 10:29*am, Anton Berlin wrote:

and putting enough time into AC and CE to win the Tour ?

Me neither.

A Schleck Attack is similar to the twitch of an eyelid. If you're not
watching, you could miss it.

First to say I'm eating crow. Impressive attack, too bad he cracked in
the last k.

Old July 21st 11, 04:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

First to say I'm eating crow. Impressive attack, too bad he cracked in
the last k.

I'm putting some Gates BBQ sauce on my crow. Tastes better that way.
Old July 21st 11, 05:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William R. Mattil

On 7/21/2011 10:46 AM, Brad Anders wrote:

First to say I'm eating crow. Impressive attack, too bad he cracked in
the last k.

Perhaps the "crack" as you put it is indicative of a cleaner tour ?

Bill

--

William R. Mattil

http://www.celestial-images.com
Old July 21st 11, 05:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
--D-y

On Jul 21, 10:49*am, Anton Berlin wrote:
First to say I'm eating crow. Impressive attack, too bad he cracked in
the last k.

I'm putting some Gates BBQ sauce on my crow. *Tastes better that way.

Why crow? They rode like girl scouts until today.

Dump the crow and have a nice steak with all the fixings and a bowl of
muesli before lights-out; there's a mountain sprint stage tomorrow
which might be tailor-made for anyone in the top 8 (#8 is Sanchez @
5:20) to rip some tired legs clean off anyone who doesn't recover from
today and the 17 previous stages.
A. Schleck hit the wall at the end today... Voeckler was a nice yellow-
contrasting shade of purple for a few minutes near the end, too.

Not to give anybody the bird, but "other" Schleck was crowing after
today but a 1-2 brotherly love finish is only a footnote-- nothing to
get excited about after not being able to take Yellow from that
frenchie Voeckler. That opinion holds in spite of A. Schleck's crowing
about being in the perfect position for the stage tomorrow. He might
have willingly let Voeckler come back today, but I don't think so.

Then there's a rolling time trial on Saturday, which is likely going
to be a "beast" for the GC guys. Ow, and that's going to be hard to
forget on the road tomorrow.

I mean, we might even see racing on the final day-- besides Cavendish
(is he still there?) going for green and glory on the Champs.
(How's that for preparing a stick-in-the-craw dish for Sunday
afternoon?)
--D-y

Liggett insults Contador and Schlecks [email protected] Racing 4 July 27th 09 03:12 AM
The Schlecks Schluck Bug Racing 15 July 23rd 09 10:25 PM
Schlecks Bros - not the brightest bulbs ? Keith Racing 22 November 12th 08 04:10 AM
Schlecks...how can they ITT so bad ?! Keith Racing 18 July 28th 08 08:07 PM
Attacking hills the black rose General 79 September 29th 04 06:33 PM