Helmet makes me bolder!

Old November 17th 07, 06:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
psbagumba

Default Helmet makes me bolder!

Maybe a helmet wasn't such a good idea. It's probably good to keep the
old brains intact, but wearing safety equipment sure does make me
bolder. I rode for a few years as a teenager and resumed a couple of
months ago after a 25 year hiatus - but only for 1 day now with a
helmet. The worst 2 spills I've had since I've been riding were this
morning - that nice kind of spill where you skid a little before you
come to a halt.
Boy howdy - now it's time to get a trials unicycle!

--
psbagumba
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 17th 07, 06:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UniBrier

psbagumba wrote:
I rode for a few years as a teenager and resumed ... after a 25 year
hiatus...

I assume that puts you close to the 40+- crowd?

If the helmet makes you bolder, just wait until you strap on the leg &
arm armor and wrist guards!

I don't know if they make me any bolder, but I am more cautious without
them.

--
UniBrier

Steve

Hop Drop & Roll

“If something is to hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just
stick that guitar in the closet next to your
shortwave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go
inside and watch TV.” – Homer
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 17th 07, 07:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
psbagumba

UniBrier wrote:
I assume that puts you close to the 40+- crowd?

Next year I'll be in the 50+ crowd

--
psbagumba
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 17th 07, 08:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
munifreaker

idk about a helmet, cuz that doesnt protect my shins from my sharp metal
pedals

but my 661 shinpads sure help!

--
munifreaker
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 17th 07, 08:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

Wearing a helmet makes me look like a total loser who has no friend and
who will die yesterday, so I wear one one all the time when I ride!

--
thejdw

I didn't spell it wrong, you just read it wrong!
kington99 wrote:
A hobnob is an oaty biscuit, the fact that they don't exist in america
just goes to show that you have no culinary heritage

don't follow Jesus, follow me!

http://www.usenet.com
Old November 17th 07, 08:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Beaver1

thejdw wrote:
Wearing a helmet makes me look like a total loser who has no friend and
who will die yesterday, so I wear one one all the time when I ride!

Not wearing a helmet makes me look like a total loser, especially when
I'm rolling on the ground, clutching my head and screaming in pain.

So what if a helmet makes you bolder? It makes you less prone to dying
from a head injury as well, I think the two cancel each other out.

--
Beaver1
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 17th 07, 08:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

Beaver1 wrote:
Not wearing a helmet makes me look like a total loser, especially when
I'm rolling on the ground, clutching my head and screaming in pain.

we have somthing in common then

I look like a loser wearing one
You look like a loser not wearing one

Old November 17th 07, 08:50 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rem48

never wore one myself but I bought a Muni yesterday and vowed to wear
one when i ride it.

--
rem48
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 17th 07, 09:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unisteve

I wasn't wearing a helmet the other day while bombing around on my
trials uni. I almost hit my chin off of a retaining wall that I was
trying to hop onto. A regular bike or skateboard-style helmet wouldn't
have helped me in that case, unfortunately.

Maybe some positive peer pressure would make me don a helmet, but I
haven't felt the need for one.

I'm only 18. My survival instinct hasn't fully kicked in yet.

--
unisteve

harper wrote:
Don't listen to that cracker. Germans don't know jack about their own
language.

martin.phillips wrote:

Into the blue wrote:

Where oh where is JC?

Seated at the right hand of his father?

Wassail!

http://www.usenet.com
Old November 17th 07, 10:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
psbagumba

unisteve wrote:
My survival instinct hasn't fully kicked in yet.

Maybe it *is* an age thing. After a few things started going wrong
with my body it's like I started reading actuarial tables for
excitement. Bad things can happen on a unicycle. A lot of those bad
things are scary, but nothing scares me more than brain damage.

--
psbagumba
http://www.usenet.com