A10 bike paths

Old August 13th 07, 03:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Clive George

Default A10 bike paths

West Winch, near Kings Lynn. Anybody have any experience of them?

cheers,
clive
Old August 13th 07, 04:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
suer

In article ,
"Clive George" wrote:

West Winch, near Kings Lynn. Anybody have any experience of them?

cheers,
clive

I think, from memory of driving past (so I may be wrong), that they are
the shared-use cycle/pedestrian path type things (in other words they've
stuck cycleway signs onthe pavement).

As you get nearer the big roundabout south of Kings Lynn, they are
'proper' cyclepaths, again shared, set back off the road with a grass
verge inbetween them and A10.
Old August 14th 07, 11:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MJ Ray

"Clive George"
West Winch, near Kings Lynn. Anybody have any experience of them?

Yes, I used it to reach Beers Of Europe (.co.uk) until last September.
They're mostly wide and fairly smooth, but unsuitable for high-speed or
load-carrying because they dip for every driveway (but have priority)
and give-way to every side-road. The section south of West Winch
hadn't been officially designated as cycleway and the Oakwood Corner
junction with A134 and NCN 11 C-road to Watlington was badly designed.
There's also no drop kerb to access Garage Lane Setchey ;-)

The tracks around the Hardwick Roundabout with the A47 are often
unswept and overgrown and the traffic lights make that roundabout not
too bad for A10-A149 movements anyway. The roadside track towards
King's Lynn is probably still missing sections, so reach the town
centre by turning right at the first lights, right at the end onto
Oldmeadow Road, then left at the end onto Rollesby Road and through
the bit of Extons Road next to Decorative Sleeves that's closed to
motor vehicles and enjoy a ride through the Walks.

Hope that helps,
Experienced webmaster-developers for hire http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Also: statistician, sysadmin, online shop builder, workers co-op.

Old August 14th 07, 11:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MJ Ray

suer wrote:
I think, from memory of driving past (so I may be wrong), that they are
the shared-use cycle/pedestrian path type things (in other words they've
stuck cycleway signs onthe pavement).

It's mostly a complete rebuild. I forget who paid for it. (Ultimately
taxpayers, of course.)

As you get nearer the big roundabout south of Kings Lynn, they are
'proper' cyclepaths, again shared, set back off the road with a grass
verge inbetween them and A10.

They're seperate cycle and pedestrian paths around the roundabout,
usually split by a kerb or verge, but often full of debris and nettles
in summer.

Bike paths [email protected] General 3 January 7th 07 08:27 AM
LAB and bike paths Veloise General 14 October 15th 05 04:32 PM
Northwest Bike Paths? Bill Patterson Recumbent Biking 9 September 12th 05 12:48 PM
bike paths Cully_J Recumbent Biking 2 August 24th 05 03:28 AM