CO2 Connectors - Threaded vs Unthreaded

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 18th 19, 12:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default CO2 Connectors - Threaded vs Unthreaded

On 7/17/2019 5:02 PM, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 17 Jul 2019 10:50:29 +0100, Tom Evans
wrote:

On 17/07/2019 05:18, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 17 Jul 2019 08:34:12 +1000, James
wrote:

On 16/7/19 3:25 pm, John B. wrote:

:-) Not necessarily so. The sitting by the roadside in the rain I
described was two "finish nails" through the tire. Punctured the first
time, pulled the nail out changed the tube and almost exactly 1
kilometer down the road punctured again, the same kind of nail. I had
used up the only spare tube I was carrying, the patches won't stick,
it is raining.

I was riding with a couple of mates on a wet day and one of them had
three punctures. After emptying his two CO2 canisters on the first two
punctures, he begged for my pump. The patch worked too.

I had some of those glue less, or whatever you call 'em, patches they
didn't stick well in the rain, or at least mine didn't :-(

In WW2 pilots were given a patch kit for the inflatable life raft they
carried, in case they had to ditch in the sea. These patches stuck even
when applied in/under the water.

I'm pretty sure I have patched tyres in the rain successfully. The
problem I remember is my cold fingers having trouble getting the tyre off.

I can't speak for your patches but I can assure you that mine didn't
stick :-)
--
cheers,

John B.

I was curious about patching a wet rubber coated canvas life
raft somewhere in the Pacific in 1945 and found this:

http://www.bellsaviation.com/mm5/mer...egory_Code=SKC

more recent version, better images:

http://www.bellsaviation.com/mm5/mer...o ry_Code=SKC

Doesn't look applicable to a bicycle tube.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/