Real Urban XC ~Video~

Old January 18th 05, 03:11 PM
Ride-A-Lot

Default Real Urban XC ~Video~

Here is the video from my Wissahickon Valley Park / Belmont Plateau ride
on Sunday. This is what urban cross country is, not some heated indoor
Cuyahoga County skate park. It was cold, too. That's why you have a
mountain bike. You can ride it almost anyhwere and just about every
city has a park with some riding. Wissahickon is smack dab in the
middle of West Philadelphia and North Philadelphia. You want more
urban, then you'll have to ride streets and sell crack. You make it the
best it can be, outdoors!

High Bandwidth: http://www.schnauzers.ws/wiss2_1024.wmv (52 MB, WMV)
Low Bandwidth: http://www.schnauzers.ws/wiss2_256.wmv (13 MB, WMV)

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old January 18th 05, 03:37 PM
spademan o---[\) *

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message
Here is the video from my Wissahickon Valley Park / Belmont Plateau ride
on Sunday. This is what urban cross country is, not some heated indoor
Cuyahoga County skate park. It was cold, too. That's why you have a
mountain bike. You can ride it almost anyhwere and just about every
city has a park with some riding. Wissahickon is smack dab in the
middle of West Philadelphia and North Philadelphia. You want more
urban, then you'll have to ride streets and sell crack. You make it the
best it can be, outdoors!

You're right you can ride a mountain bike anywhere, on mountains, in local
parks for a quick fix, along canal towpaths for a gentle ride, and in
purpose built parks if you want, who the hell cares its all riding.

Steve.

Old January 18th 05, 11:41 PM
Phil, Squid-in-Training

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message
Here is the video from my Wissahickon Valley Park / Belmont Plateau ride
on Sunday. This is what urban cross country is, not some heated indoor
Cuyahoga County skate park. It was cold, too. That's why you have a
mountain bike. You can ride it almost anyhwere and just about every city
has a park with some riding. Wissahickon is smack dab in the middle of
West Philadelphia and North Philadelphia. You want more urban, then
you'll have to ride streets and sell crack. You make it the best it can
be, outdoors!

High Bandwidth: http://www.schnauzers.ws/wiss2_1024.wmv (52 MB, WMV)
Low Bandwidth: http://www.schnauzers.ws/wiss2_256.wmv (13 MB, WMV)

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

I'm trying to figure out why the video quality is so low, and the file size
is ungodly high. Have you tried using DivX, or cutting down the audio
bitrate to 32K while bumping up the video bitrate?

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Old January 19th 05, 12:02 AM
Ride-A-Lot

Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:
"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message

[...]

I am working on different combos as we speak. Part of the problem is
the helmet cam. My neck isn't as strong as PF's. I can't support a
full blown camera on my head.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old January 19th 05, 03:16 AM
Dean A. Stepper

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message

[...]

Samsungs extreme camcorder could be the answer.

http://www.cnet.com/4520-10602_1-5618778-1.html

Old January 19th 05, 03:23 AM
Ride-A-Lot

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message

[...]

April?! What does it use to "hook" onto the helmet. It's got my
attention and the price is right.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old January 19th 05, 03:30 AM
p e t e f a g e r l i n

Dean A. Stepper wrote:

Samsungs extreme camcorder could be the answer.

http://www.cnet.com/4520-10602_1-5618778-1.html

If you want ****ty source video perhaps.

"680,000-pixel CCD for capturing MPEG-4 video"
Old January 19th 05, 03:33 AM
Ride-A-Lot

p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
Dean A. Stepper wrote:

Samsungs extreme camcorder could be the answer.

http://www.cnet.com/4520-10602_1-5618778-1.html

If you want ****ty source video perhaps.

"680,000-pixel CCD for capturing MPEG-4 video"

Ah, so it's more like one of those crappy D-Snaps. Oh well, back to the
neck crunches.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old January 19th 05, 03:48 AM
Slacker

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 22:33:10 -0500, Ride-A-Lot =

wrote:

p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
Dean A. Stepper wrote:

Samsungs extreme camcorder could be the answer.

http://www.cnet.com/4520-10602_1-5618778-1.html

If you want ****ty source video perhaps.
"680,000-pixel CCD for capturing MPEG-4 video"

Ah, so it's more like one of those crappy D-Snaps. Oh well, back to t=

he =

neck crunches.

Or you could make out more with your wife more. Certain activities can d=
o =

wonders for your neck muscles... not to mention a happy wife :-)

Please don't make me elaborate.
-- =

Slacker -Dr. Ruth's long lost son
Old January 19th 05, 03:53 AM
TBF::.

newspsktziyiym83lxu@slacker...
wrote:

p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
Dean A. Stepper wrote:

Samsungs extreme camcorder could be the answer.

http://www.cnet.com/4520-10602_1-5618778-1.html

If you want ****ty source video perhaps.
"680,000-pixel CCD for capturing MPEG-4 video"

Ah, so it's more like one of those crappy D-Snaps. Oh well, back to the
neck crunches.

Or you could make out more with your wife more. Certain activities can do
wonders for your neck muscles... not to mention a happy wife :-)

Please don't make me elaborate.
--
Slacker -Dr. Ruth's long lost son

Geez...it's like Melrose Place in here this winter