Bicycle Touring via Volunteerism?

Old April 19th 06, 12:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Bicycle Touring via Volunteerism?

KILL_ARBR NYC XYZ wrote:

Now you know why I hate shopping.

Fair enough, I actually enjoy window shopping myself. I rarely buy
something the first time I see it though, I tend to distance myself from
it, research and *then* buy it if I've decided it's what I really want.
Not unlike your posts to a certain degree, but I tend to keep my
discussion about these things to myself.

Then again, I guess some of us know how to handle money, since we have
to earn it.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. If you are attempting to
insult me in some fashion, feel free to. I certainly wasn't making any
attempt to be your friend with my post, then again I wasn't going out of
my way to be vitriolic either. If my gentle twitting bothers you,
please killfile me.

As far as earning money, there are certainly those who work harder, but
I can't see as I fall into the category of fat capitalist living off the
labor of others.

--
Dane Buson -
Love makes the world go 'round, with a little help from intrinsic angular momentum.
Old April 19th 06, 05:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Dane Buson wrote:

Fair enough, I actually enjoy window shopping myself. I rarely buy
something the first time I see it though, I tend to distance myself from
it, research and *then* buy it if I've decided it's what I really want.
Not unlike your posts to a certain degree, but I tend to keep my
discussion about these things to myself.

Two brains is better than one, I always figure.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. If you are attempting to
insult me in some fashion, feel free to. I certainly wasn't making any
attempt to be your friend with my post, then again I wasn't going out of
my way to be vitriolic either. If my gentle twitting bothers you,
please killfile me.

Part of handling money properly is maximizing its purchasing power.
This involves experience. So why should I reinvent the wheel?

As far as earning money, there are certainly those who work harder, but
I can't see as I fall into the category of fat capitalist living off the
labor of others.

Having to really earn money naturally makes one more careful with it.
Rather have too much data than not enough.

--
Dane Buson -
Love makes the world go 'round, with a little help from intrinsic angular momentum.

Bicycle Touring via Volunteerism? catzz66 General 0 April 18th 06 11:44 PM
Bicycleism Bicycleism Social Issues 1 July 19th 05 01:58 PM
Top Gear Driving Song David Martin UK 38 June 1st 05 05:05 PM
What doctors/researchers think about wearing a helmet. John Doe UK 304 December 5th 04 02:32 PM
Does public health care pay for your head injuries? John Doe UK 187 November 30th 04 03:51 PM