Biggest Road Frame Ever???

Old March 20th 07, 10:48 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Gags

Default Biggest Road Frame Ever???

This would have to be the biggest roadie I have ever seen....the seat would
be taller than some people!!!

http://www.zinncycles.com/bikes.aspx?bike=projbig

Made by Zinn (he of "the art of bike maintenance" bibles) and in
Titanium......noice.......

Gags

Old March 20th 07, 11:29 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Harng Goh

On Mar 20, 8:48 pm, "Gags" wrote:
This would have to be the biggest roadie I have ever seen....the seat would
be taller than some people!!!

http://www.zinncycles.com/bikes.aspx?bike=projbig

Made by Zinn (he of "the art of bike maintenance" bibles) and in
Titanium......noice.......

Gags

Looks freaky... That's about the time when you want to start thinking
about custom made wheels in a size bigger than 700c. There was a bloke
on the the GOOCR a few weeks ago who must have been that sort of
height - 6'6" or nearly 200 cm - and even though the bike was sized
properly for him, it just starts to look weird when the wheels seem so
small compared to him.

Old March 20th 07, 11:19 PM posted to aus.bicycle
byron27[_26_]

Harng Goh Wrote:
On Mar 20, 8:48 pm, "Gags" wrote:
This would have to be the biggest roadie I have ever seen....the seat

would
be taller than some people!!!

http://www.zinncycles.com/bikes.aspx?bike=projbig

Made by Zinn (he of "the art of bike maintenance" bibles) and in
Titanium......noice.......

Gags

Looks freaky... That's about the time when you want to start thinking
about custom made wheels in a size bigger than 700c. There was a bloke
on the the GOOCR a few weeks ago who must have been that sort of
height - 6'6" or nearly 200 cm - and even though the bike was sized
properly for him, it just starts to look weird when the wheels seem so
small compared to him.

Imagine coming through the corners on that thing at the St Kilda
Crits....

geezus..

--
byron27

Old March 21st 07, 12:42 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bean Long

byron27 wrote:

Imagine coming through the corners on that thing at the St Kilda
Crits....

geezus..

Very high centre of gravity... would have to take the long line around
the corners! I love being a short-arse!

--
Bean

"I've got a bike
You can ride it if you like
It's got a basket
A bell that rings
And things to make it look good
I'd give it to you if I could
But I borrowed it" Pink Floyd

Remove "yourfinger" before replying
Old March 21st 07, 01:42 AM posted to aus.bicycle
byron27[_27_]

Bean Long Wrote:
byron27 wrote:

Imagine coming through the corners on that thing at the St Kilda
Crits....

geezus..

Very high centre of gravity... would have to take the long line around
the corners! I love being a short-arse!

--
Bean

"I've got a bike
You can ride it if you like
It's got a basket
A bell that rings
And things to make it look good
I'd give it to you if I could
But I borrowed it" Pink Floyd

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

Due to my height (195cm) i have become quite bitter about average
design standards.

The hard spot developed on the crest of my head is a reminder of low
door frames, bus stops, traffic signs, low ceilings and open
cupboards...

that said, im getting more material in my frame for the same price as a
small one.

--
byron27

Old March 21st 07, 06:37 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Brendo

On Mar 21, 9:42 am, byron27 byron27.2nr...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
Bean Long Wrote:

byron27 wrote:

[...]

byron27- Hide quoted text -

I hear you Byron. Now that I know what to look for regarding size,
being 195cm is not recommended. 97cm inseams just don't fit anything!!

Old March 21st 07, 08:21 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Stuart Lamble[_2_]

Old March 21st 07, 12:08 PM posted to aus.bicycle
byron27[_29_]

On 2007-03-21, Brendo wrote:
On Mar 21, 9:42 am, byron27 byron27.2nr...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
The hard spot developed on the crest of my head is a reminder of low
door frames, bus stops, traffic signs, low ceilings and open
cupboards...

that said, im getting more material in my frame for the same price

as a
small one.

I hear you Byron. Now that I know what to look for regarding size,
being 195cm is not recommended. 97cm inseams just don't fit

anything!!

Go bent! :-)

--
My Usenet From: address now expires after two weeks. If you email me,
and

that would all depend on pending employment at the CSIRO!

--
byron27

Old March 21st 07, 01:14 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Boostland

ups.com...
Bean Long Wrote:

byron27 wrote:

[...]

Paul Hillbrick also does custom large frame builds.

http://www.hillbrick.com.au

I saw one of his custom built frames for a guy that rode in the recent "loop
the lake" charity ride in Newcastle, I am 193 cm's tall ( 93 cm inseam ) and
this guy would have been around 2 m tall as I had to look up a fair bit to
talk to him, he had size 50 shoes ( I wear 48's ).

Large feet can also be a problem as I find I hit the rear stays and also the
quick release with with my heal if I don't position it just in the right
place.

Old March 21st 07, 11:35 PM posted to aus.bicycle
rooman[_56_]

Boostland Wrote:
"Brendo"
Paul Hillbrick also does custom large frame builds.

'http://www.hillbrick.com.au' (http://www.hillbrick.com.au/)

I saw one of his custom build frames for a guy that rode in the recent
"loop
the lake" charity ride in Newcastle, I am 193 cm's tall ( 93 cm inseam
) and
this guy would have been around 2 m tall as I had to look up a fair bit
talk to him, he had size 50 shoes ( I wear 48's ).

Large feet can also be a problem as I find I hit the rear stays and
also the
quick release with with my heal if I don't position it just in the
right
place.

ditto does Kennedy 'www.keneddycyclefit.com'
(http://www.keneddycyclefit.com) & 'www.kennedydirect.com'
(http://www.kennedydirect.com)

I saw a superb job built up from Columbus Steel one day there to fit a
guy 7' tall... and it actually looked classically in proportion without
the supersize-me extended " seat post in the clouds" look...the guy was
a basketball pro and looked great on it, ....menacing to B Doubles even

I'm 6'3 1/2 and my R1 63cm Kennedy custom buildlooks super classic
and rides a treat. I often call my steel R2 Kennedy trainer the " Farm
gate" , but in the nicest possible tone and only in the form of an
endearment when in close proximity.....they are sensitive you know!

--
rooman