I'm an INSANELY miserable MUni idiot

Old September 24th 05, 01:06 PM
Memphis Mud

Default I'm an INSANELY miserable MUni idiot

Just shoot me!!!!!!!!!!!

I rode a really cool MTB trail in the deep woods in Oxford Mississippi
(just off Ole Miss campus) on Tuesday. I sell to the university and so I
can schedule my time how I like. Oxford is 75 miles south of Memphis. I
plan it so I'm done with everything around 3 o'clock and pull the MUni
out for some really great trail riding.

I wear b*ke shorts under baggy shorts that have lots of deep pockets for
carrying water, trailmix bars, etc. Here in the deep south in September
its hot and humid, so at the end of my ride I was wearing soaking wet
b*ke shorts and had a 75 mile drive home. I stripped off the baggy
shorts. I stripped off the b*ke shorts. I put back on the baggy shorts
(which dry pretty quick) for the ride home.

Problem is...I have bugspray right there in the trunk next to my MUni
gear. I just flat out forgot to use it. I actually moved it out of the
way to retrieve a wristguard before the ride. Later, I apparently rode
through a thriving society of nomadic Chiggers who were now all
invisibly partying on my baggy shorts. Suddenly I had given them free
access to my tender region. I'm covered up with chigger bumps. (To those
who've never had them: Chiggers kind of look like 50 - 1000 mosquito
bites but are a million times more itchy!!!)

I will *NEVER * ride those trails without spraying. If I do......shoot
me again.

OMG when will it stop? People stare when I jam both hands down my pants
and scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch
scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch
scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch
scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch
scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch
scratch scratch. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I don't care what they think.

Anybody know what to do after the fact?

--
Memphis Mud - Student of GrandMaster 2T

NAUCC 2006 in Memphis, TN.
Beale Street. Graceland. Blues Music. BBQ. Deep woods MUni. Rolling
Crosscountry. Jump over the Mississippi River (really!).
Memphis Mud's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1987

Old September 24th 05, 01:09 PM
markf

wow. that sucks. having lived in "the south" i know your pain, never did
anything quite that bad though. got about 50 fire ant bites on one foot
once though...that was bad, what you've got might be worse. use some
cream with lidocaine (sp?) in it.

--
markf - movie nerd

stuck in iowa and unemployed.
markf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8102

Old September 24th 05, 01:31 PM
BraveSirStupid

Benadryl, apsirin or other NSAID, shower, a cool, low humidity
environment and ice. topical spray if you have it.

.max

--
BraveSirStupid - i'm a moron so you don't have to be

Freedom! Horrible Horrible Freedom!!!
BraveSirStupid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7738

Old September 24th 05, 01:31 PM
BraveSirStupid

smear youself in bacon grease and summon the dog.

Old September 24th 05, 01:36 PM
onefiftyfour

Memphis Mud wrote:
*...so I can schedule my time how I like. Oxford is 75 miles south of
Memphis. I plan it so I'm done with everything around 3 o'clock and
pull the MUni out for some really great trail riding... *

what a life? that sounds great!

i got thousands of chiggers up and down my legs once after cleaning out
overgrown weeds and brush behind a shed. i was wearing shorts. anyway,
it was awful. i've heard of putting clear nail polish over each of the
bites to suffacate them, but i would've had to dip my legs in a bathtub
of nail polish. that didn't seem practical. i just had to wait for
them to die. aren't they burrowed and living on you for sometime? good
luck!

-eric

--
onefiftyfour - Eric
onefiftyfour's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3495

Old September 24th 05, 03:21 PM
DK

Hey! we must be like 'brothas!'
(http://unicyclist.com/forums/showthr...threadid=43467)

--
DK - i aM/r INv3nteD

*^useless post^
'The MAD Conductor record drops October 31st'
(http://www.myspace.com/themadconductor)

All of us are gonna die
You could say nature's a facist

facade is sick beneth
crass smile with rotted teeth
living the laws
*
DK's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8054

Old September 24th 05, 04:28 PM
bugman

onefiftyfour wrote:
*what a life? that sounds great!

i got thousands of chiggers up and down my legs once after cleaning
out overgrown weeds and brush behind a shed. i was wearing shorts.
anyway, it was awful. i've heard of putting clear nail polish over
each of the bites to suffacate them, but i would've had to dip my legs
in a bathtub of nail polish. that didn't seem practical. i just had
to wait for them to die. aren't they burrowed and living on you for
sometime? good luck!

-eric *

Actually they are long gone by the time the itching starts. They inject
a saliva like substance to help them digest their meal. Once you have
been bitten, the nail polish works to keep you from infecting the area
from scratching more than anything else. Benadryl, hydrocortison, or a
trip to the Doc, will give the most relief.

--
bugman - Proud member of the UALW

Old September 24th 05, 06:05 PM
Tmornstar

T-Max,

When you called to report the great ride you had I was SO jealous.
However, I now think that I would prefer to be at work and continue to
wait for the first freeze - in December!

Tommy

--
Tmornstar - Grandmaster 2T

Tommy Thompson
(No PMs. please)
Memphis Unicycle Club
Please vist our web site:
http://www.memphisunicycleclub.com
Tmornstar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/658

Old September 24th 05, 10:49 PM
Radical Reed

what are chiggers?

--
Radical Reed - im so horny
Radical Reed's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10427

Old September 24th 05, 11:29 PM
UNIquelyCanadian

'What are chiggers and how do they bite?'
(http://science.howstuffworks.com/question488.htm)

--
UNIquelyCanadian - 157 cm sidehop ;-)

"If you're looking for truth, don't look inside yourself -- You're the
one who's confused in the first place!" - Frank Peretti
UNIquelyCanadian's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7524