Reasons for Unicycling.

Old March 12th 07, 06:19 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
since10

Default Reasons for Unicycling.

Miles from home,legs are jelly,body sore-It still stimulates my
brain-every ride,every time

--
since10
since10's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14394

Old March 12th 07, 07:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
steveyo

I uni because I'd done all my sports for years and years, to the point
where improvement was painstakingly slow. Trying unicycling gave me a
sport where I could clearly see myself getting better every day.

Once I could do it, the floating feeling of balancing over one point of
contact got me addicted. And there's always a new skill to learn just
on the horizon.

Plus muni f***ing ROCKS, dude! (See you at Lifestyles!)

--
steveyo

steveyo
...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

- a few 'uni race write-ups'
(http://home.nycap.rr.com/rduhan/uni_race_writeups/)
- muni and kokopelli uni 't-shirts, mugs and stickers'
(http://www.cafepress.com/steveyo)

Old March 12th 07, 07:11 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tobbogonist

it is nice.

--
tobbogonist

THOM
tobbogonist's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12176

Old March 12th 07, 08:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
CrazyChrisVT

I unicycle for a bunch of reasons. Simplicity of the machine. Great
exercise. A great break from the neck, back, and arm strains of
regular biking (but I admit I'm not a regular biker. Today I feel like
I was thrown down a flight of stairs; yesterday I found a great bare
pavement downhill run-in to a 4" snow bank and stamped down a cool
jump. I hit it like 50 times, with probably 40 crashes. Into the
snow, fortunately).

Anyway those are all great reasons but there are moments that make you
really love the sport:
* On the bike path at twilight, with bats swirling all around you
.. You go slower and quieter than on a bike, so you notice more.
* Making it home after a 13 mile ride.
* Breaking your speed record. Mine was 15 mph, followed by a
spectacular crash (can't call it a UPD, I was expecting it!).
* Riding in places people would claim to be impossible.
* Chicks going "WOW how do you DO that?"
* Successfully helping others ride is quite satisfying.
* Hitting the Zone and just cruising along with virtually no effort.
* Man vs Machine vs Gravity. And the Man wins.

OTOH sometimes it is maddeningly slow if you are just trying get from
point A to point B.

--
CrazyChrisVT
CrazyChrisVT's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12606

Old March 12th 07, 08:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
CrazyChrisVT

LOL I mean a 4 foot snowbank, not 4 inches LOL

Old March 12th 07, 09:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
cathwood

Because it's flying without wings
Because it's mad fun
Because it's great exercise
Because it's a wonderful achievement and a great challenge
Because there's lots of variety that I enjoy - distance, hockey,
MUni(ish)
Because most of the other unicyclists I've met are great people
Because it's different.

--
cathwood

Cathy

Old March 12th 07, 10:09 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
SNES350

It feels like flying.
It's a sport I see real improvement in (other sports, I get better for
awhile, then stagnate no matter how much time I put in).
Funny looks from people
Conversation starter
It works the legs (standing on the pedals; I can't muni yet)
The turning radius is really, really small (hey cornering really
tightly is fun)
I feel tall on my 29" unicycle.

--
SNES350
SNES350's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12624

Old March 12th 07, 10:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Det-riot

Cause Its Fly As Hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Det-riot

Trials Uni Fund-230 of 435

ichirinsha wrote:
sweeet!! good job

-kaori

Det-riot's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13823

Old March 12th 07, 11:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
epistolize

you can go anywhere and do anything if you use your mind and conquer
your fears.

i feel enabled when i ride.

--
epistolize

affirmation: i will hit tricks in a heavy stylee, quit prehoppin and
flow freely
organise my thughts into lines
and WORK "I lli T!
eratepeoplegetthefulleffectofalphabetsoup?"
epistolize's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11876

Old March 13th 07, 12:07 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
madmattunipro

Unicycling is a great core workout. Plus it improves strength and muscle
tone.

Improves balance. This will benefit any and every other sport or
activity.

Improves overall confidence not only physically and mentally but also
socially as you get a LOT of people talking to you about it with a wide
variety of responses.

Fun.

Challenge.

Little kids and Old people love it.