unicycling-a future sport?

Old March 12th 07, 01:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

Default unicycling-a future sport?

ahollow wrote:
As much as I like unicycling, I don't want to see it reach those levels
(and don't believe it ever will).

Years ago, when riding a motorcycle, you felt part of a brotherhood,
and waved to other bikers on the road. Now, your damn arm would fall
off if you tried to wave to all the bikes on the road, and most would
snub you anyway. The brotherhood was lost in the large increase in
numbers without the knowledge of the culture. The weekend warriors
just "bought" their way into the hobby.

I enjoy being the only (or one of the few) in this area on a unicycle.
Let's keep our culture and brotherhood within our ranks and to those we
invite in.

This is so true, it would also define the meaning of *UNI*cycle

--
Hazmat

1 weird and unusual greek cypriot australian destined to be different
Hazmat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13828

Old March 12th 07, 01:09 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
James_Potter

I'm not gonna ride street/trials my whole life, but distance
riding/maybe MUni, I don't see why not....

--
James_Potter

i still believe that all you need is love...john
lennon
'*mikael atkinson*' (http://www.barefoothippie.com)
mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
President of the 'MRIS' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)
*♥ Unicycle For Peace ♥*
-last edited by skrobo : today at 11:41 am.-

Old March 12th 07, 01:11 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

When you say distance riding, do you mean commuting as in having a
coker??

Old March 12th 07, 03:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tholub

Let's be realistic here; unicycling just isn't that impressive to watch.
We will never have anything like the half-pipe that drives the
spectator popularity of skateboarding, or the dirt jumps that drive the
popularity of BMX. For us, big air is an 8-set; that doesn't play on
ESPN2.

We also have huge barriers to entry compared to skateboarding and BMX.
You can start doing BMX jumps and tricks almost immediately, and
skateboarding isn't much harder to pick up.

The most unicycling can aspire to as a revenue sport is to be as big
as, say, flatland BMX. And even that, I think is unlikely.

Ride because it's fun!

--
tholub

Old March 12th 07, 08:10 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
xsunnyd591x

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i totally agree with this dude

i would like it to get big. just so that i wouldnt feel so....alone in
the sport. i would just like to meet someone serious enough to ride
with me. and talk about just riding, and pulling off an awesome new
trick. now when i feel like telling people about riding my uni, people
dont care. because it just doesnt interest like it does to me.

but i also would like to keep it sort of private. because like others
said, a lot of the fun of riding is being unique. i dont think i would
ride as much if everyone did it.

--
xsunnyd591x
xsunnyd591x's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14470

Old March 12th 07, 09:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
brendan

id' prefer "go huge or die trying" but thats still awesome

--
brendan
brendan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13680

Old March 12th 07, 09:08 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
primus

ittle probly be like roller bladeing a sick sport but just a sidenote on
an extreme sports tour

--
primus

PS: this is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were
eliminated

aim: speshlspeclsteak
primus's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11833

Old March 12th 07, 10:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

I'll bumb the sport up abit

--
thejdw

dunawan wrote:
why are koxx one unicycles so costly???
forrestunifreak wrote:
They are expensive because they use only the finest soft drink cans.

2 unispins landed!
don't follow Jesus, follow me!

thejdw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13230

Old March 12th 07, 10:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
allskrewedup

50 Percent wrote:

demand for unicycles goes up

price goes

down!!!

Demand goes up, price goes up, unless the unicycle companies make * T
O N S * of Unicycles

--
allskrewedup

unicycle for Christ

\\_//
O O
##This is *POWER BUNNY* He will kill you if you don't help him kill
everybody he doesn't like.

Borgschulze wrote:
it grabs my pants

allskrewedup's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14164

Old March 12th 07, 10:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
trials-uni123

We need to get more demos going, and mybe some tv coverage.

--
trials-uni123
trials-uni123's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14040

rec.sport.unicycling tr4nspo Unicycling 24 June 9th 06 08:22 PM
rec.sport.unicycling trials_uni Unicycling 0 June 7th 06 10:05 PM
rec.sport.unicycling Eroick Unicycling 0 June 7th 06 09:56 PM
Future of Unicycling. juggle508 Unicycling 35 September 6th 05 09:18 AM
The future Australain unicycling newsletter... andrew_carter Unicycling 16 November 7th 03 08:15 AM