Encounter with an Idiot

Old May 2nd 05, 10:23 PM
Simonb

Default Encounter with an Idiot

Driving home from Dorset in heavy bank holiday traffic this afternoon, I
noticed the driver behind was flashing his headlights. I stopped, examined
the car, and the bikes on the back but could see nothing wrong. I noticed
the driver was still somewhat agitated, so I went over to him and asked what
was going on. Everything them became clear: he was not, in fact, flashing
me; but was alerting oncoming cars to the speed trap we'd just passed on the
road towards Wareham! Not only had he caused me to stop un-necessarily, he'd
also made the traffic back up for some considerable way back.

Quel idiot! ('scuse my French)

As he passed me on the dual-carriageway I noticed he was towing a jet-ski.
Need I say more?