Sydney cyclist plan

Old August 12th 06, 05:01 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Jack Russell

Default Sydney cyclist plan

Sydney City wants submissions

http://cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/Counc...leStrategy.asp

--
Remove norubbish to reply
Old August 12th 06, 09:07 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DJ

"Jack Russell" wrote in message
Sydney City wants submissions

http://cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/Counc...leStrategy.asp

--
Remove norubbish to reply

This is all well and good but just when we're got something like this, Iemma
will probably overule the council once again and take it away ala William
Street Bikelanes.

DJ

Old August 14th 06, 09:52 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Fractal

"dewatf" wrote in message
On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 14:01:27 +1000, Jack Russell wrote:

Sydney City wants submissions

http://cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/Counc...leStrategy.asp

They have left out The Crescent and Bridge Rd. These are the only direct
routes from Victoria Rd to the Uni and from Stanmore to the City resp and
should be cycle routes IMHO, but they say these are in the nice if we could
but we wont try too hard category. Well they could start by lowering the
speed limit from 60 on The Crescent (ridiculous), putting in some bike lanes
where they can (already some, although substandard), use Bike Logos in the
KSL where you cant, etc. Its jammed with traffic most of the time in peak
hours so speeds are low and bikes can get past easily - probably much
quuicker by bike than car. Same goes for Bridge rd, which likewise has some
bike lanes already, just needs a bit of thinking to make it reasonable for
your seasoned commuter. Anyway, if making a submission, give them a serve
over omitting these two roads.

Also they talk of the foreshore route around Glebe Pt and Blackwattle Bay as
a recreation route, but it will be a good commuter route too, so they should
recognise this and design it accordingly.

fb

Old August 14th 06, 09:03 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Mon, 14 Aug 2006 08:52:31 GMT
Fractal wrote:
quuicker by bike than car. Same goes for Bridge rd, which likewise has some
bike lanes already, just needs a bit of thinking to make it reasonable for
your seasoned commuter. Anyway, if making a submission, give them a serve
over omitting these two roads.

I was a bit annoyed that they didn't do those too as their routes add
unrequired time and distance to my current commute.

Also they talk of the foreshore route around Glebe Pt and Blackwattle Bay as
a recreation route, but it will be a good commuter route too, so they should
recognise this and design it accordingly.

I think they want to funnel commuters over the Anzac Bridge, leaving
the scening waterside route for dogwalkers and other real people...

Zebee