Mt. Lion attacks hiker

Old July 19th 08, 04:35 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default Mt. Lion attacks hiker

\On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 18:30:04 GMT, wrote:

On 18-Jul-2008, Mike Vandeman wrote:

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 02:10:36 GMT,
wrote:

On 17-Jul-2008, Mike Vandeman wrote:

I said:

Again I ask, please explain how my expertise with cougars would
lead
authorities responding to a hiker claiming he was attack (it is now
under
suspicion - as the hiker was trespassing and may well have made it
up)
and
the author ties made a decision to seek out the cougar and kill it.

You replied:

I have never heard any biologist ask that a cougar NOT be killed.

If you have not then you show your ignorance, stupidity and naivety on
the
subject. You continue to make comments on matters you haven't the
foggiest
idea about and clearly lack any understanding of the politics of large
predators or what has transpired over the last 40 years regarding
cougars. I
direct you to two simply examples (out of hundreds): 1) the first
moratorium
on sport-hunting of cougars in California back in 1972 where Starker
Leopold
spoke eloquently to the state legislature in favor of the moratorium
(and
he
spoke in favor of it again when it came back for a vote some years
later
-
the last opportunity he had before he died) and 2) I suggest you
review
some
of the fiasco that occurred in reference to Sabino Canyon outside of
Tucson
a few years back where Arizona Game and Fish was pummeled by an
engaged
public and several biologist (I being one) over their reaction to
cougars
occurring in Sabino Canyon (where they belonged). The list of such
examples goes on and on. If this was the first time I responded to
your
ignorance, I would have concluded you shot from the hip and were
simply
ill-informed. But after observing the multitude of your inane post
over
the
years I can only conclude you are either a horses-ass or completely
disingenuous (but most likely both). But maybe more simply put you
are
simply a LIAR.

Not really. Where do you see a lie? This should be good!

Rather poor effort to avoid the fact that your ordinal claim that Nice
try
avoiding the claim by you "I have never heard any biologist ask that a
cougar NOT be killed."

Now it may be true you are so ignorant of the facts as you most often are
or
you lied, which is it.

So when you called me a liar, you were LYING. You are dishonest to the
core, as are ALL mountain bikers I have ever met.

If you had truly were unaware of something that is
actually quite common as you noted "I have never heard any biologist ask
that a cougar NOT be killed" then you are ignorant and ill-informed, On
the
other hand if you were aware that biologist frequently make the case to
NOT
kill cougars than you lied. Are you Ignorant or simply a liar - which is
it, your choice.

Rick

Classic Mikey you didn't answer the question So answer it are you
ill-informed or lying?

I already did. I don't lie. Mountain bikers like you are incorrigible
liars. I have never seen any group of people who lie more than
mountain bikers. "Liar" is their middle name. Did I point out that
they lie a lot?

Rick

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old July 19th 08, 05:20 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jeff Strickland

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message

I already did. I don't lie. Mountain bikers like you are incorrigible
liars. I have never seen any group of people who lie more than
mountain bikers. "Liar" is their middle name. Did I point out that
they lie a lot?

Mike's position is that a mountain biker chased the lion out of hiding, and
it subsequently attacked the hiker. It's the mountain biker's fault.

Old July 20th 08, 02:42 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 09:20:49 -0700, "Jeff Strickland"
wrote:

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
.. .

I already did. I don't lie. Mountain bikers like you are incorrigible
liars. I have never seen any group of people who lie more than
mountain bikers. "Liar" is their middle name. Did I point out that
they lie a lot?

Mike's position is that a mountain biker chased the lion out of hiding, and
it subsequently attacked the hiker. It's the mountain biker's fault.

And mountain biker wanabees are ALSO liars.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old July 20th 08, 04:00 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Siskuwihane[_2_]

wrote:

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
.. .

I already did. I don't lie. Mountain bikers like you are incorrigible
liars. I have never seen any group of people who lie more than
mountain bikers. "Liar" is their middle name. Did I point out that
they lie a lot?

Mike's position is that a mountain biker chased the lion out of hiding, and
it subsequently attacked the hiker. It's the mountain biker's fault.

And mountain biker wanabees are ALSO liars.

Michael J. Vandeman has been caught lying just about every day, amybe
that's why his wife left him.

Old July 20th 08, 04:11 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jeff Strickland

wrote:

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
.. .

I already did. I don't lie. Mountain bikers like you are incorrigible
liars. I have never seen any group of people who lie more than
mountain bikers. "Liar" is their middle name. Did I point out that
they lie a lot?

Mike's position is that a mountain biker chased the lion out of hiding,
and
it subsequently attacked the hiker. It's the mountain biker's fault.

And mountain biker wanabees are ALSO liars.

Michael J. Vandeman has been caught lying just about every day, amybe
that's why his wife left him.

JS
Did she leave him for another woman?

/JS

Old July 20th 08, 05:53 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Tom Sherman[_2_]

wrote:

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
.. .

I already did. I don't lie. Mountain bikers like you are incorrigible
liars. I have never seen any group of people who lie more than
mountain bikers. "Liar" is their middle name. Did I point out that
they lie a lot?

Mike's position is that a mountain biker chased the lion out of

hiding, and
it subsequently attacked the hiker. It's the mountain biker's fault.

And mountain biker wanabees are ALSO liars.

Michael J. Vandeman has been caught lying just about every day, amybe
that's why his wife left him.

JS
Did she leave him for another woman?

/JS

Why are you insulting women? Or did you mean "Did she leave him for a
woman?"

"People who had no mercy will find none." - Anon.
Old July 20th 08, 08:08 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

wrote:

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
.. .

I already did. I don't lie. Mountain bikers like you are incorrigible
liars. I have never seen any group of people who lie more than
mountain bikers. "Liar" is their middle name. Did I point out that
they lie a lot?

Mike's position is that a mountain biker chased the lion out of hiding, and
it subsequently attacked the hiker. It's the mountain biker's fault.

And mountain biker wanabees are ALSO liars.

Michael J. Vandeman has been caught lying just about every day, amybe
that's why his wife left him.

Can't you guys do ANYTHING but lie?

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Old July 20th 08, 05:42 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jeff Strickland

wrote:

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
.. .

I already did. I don't lie. Mountain bikers like you are incorrigible
liars. I have never seen any group of people who lie more than
mountain bikers. "Liar" is their middle name. Did I point out that
they lie a lot?

Mike's position is that a mountain biker chased the lion out of
hiding, and
it subsequently attacked the hiker. It's the mountain biker's fault.

And mountain biker wanabees are ALSO liars.

Michael J. Vandeman has been caught lying just about every day, amybe
that's why his wife left him.

JS
Did she leave him for another woman?

/JS

Why are you insulting women? Or did you mean "Did she leave him for a
woman?"

My apologies to women everywhere.

My meaning wasn't that Mike is a woman, but that since his left him for a
woman, the use of "another" was in reference to someone like here not
someone like him.

Of course, on that note, leaving Mike for someone like him would not be a
move in the right direction ...

Old July 20th 08, 05:45 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jeff Strickland

wrote:

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
.. .

I already did. I don't lie. Mountain bikers like you are incorrigible
liars. I have never seen any group of people who lie more than
mountain bikers. "Liar" is their middle name. Did I point out that
they lie a lot?

Mike's position is that a mountain biker chased the lion out of hiding,
and
it subsequently attacked the hiker. It's the mountain biker's fault.

And mountain biker wanabees are ALSO liars.

Michael J. Vandeman has been caught lying just about every day, amybe
that's why his wife left him.

Can't you guys do ANYTHING but lie?

It's hard to lie as much as you, but we should get points for trying.