Novelty Uni

Old June 16th 06, 10:33 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Novelty Uni

Hey all, for the winter holidays this year i'm staying at home the whole
time and im doing nothing, so i want to build something unicycle
related. I've got plenty of steel tubing on hand, a welder, plenty of
bicycle parts and whats not. What do you guys reccomend i build which
will look really really cool, look impossible to ride and most of all
completely stupid. thanks

--
iridemymuni

In theory, there is no difference between practice and theory, in
practice, there is.
iridemymuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11900

Old June 16th 06, 10:38 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Make a 3 foot giraffe, with a skateboard wheel for the wheel. FIgure
that one out. Or, this is novelty, but design a seat with a wheel on
the front and back bumper, I remember bicycle seats had those for
flatland tricks, that would eb great. I remember while biking, having
the back upside down, and riding a wheelie on the back pegs, then have
the seat drag along, but will kill my seats for the trick, but my dads
friend had a seat with a tiny wheel in it, I got to use that for about
a week, and it saved the seat. WOuld be a good thing for the ones that
do a lot of seat drags and pushes.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)

Old June 16th 06, 10:54 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Try and make a reverse bike. One that works like a double stack uni.
You'd have to invert the hub and you could attach some stakeboard
wheels to the bottom of the bike wheels so it goes forwards as you
pedal backwards.

--
mawesome

Ultimate Keven: Rider of the 36"UW
mawesome's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11724

Old June 16th 06, 11:05 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Some ideas for a novelty uni:

A spinning seat. A seat that can spin around on the seatpost. Use a
bearing arrangement so it spins easily with no resistance. This has
been done before. It makes for a unicycle that is somewhat difficult
to ride.

A coaster uni. A wheel that can pedal forwards but coasts when you
stop pedaling or pedal backwards. Can be done with a bicycle rear hub
or the front wheel from some kids toys like some versions of the Big
Wheel.

A unicycle with a peg on one side of the wheel in place of one of the
cranks. So you have a unicycle with a normal crank on one side and a
BMX peg on the other. Get creative with new skills.

A unicycle with two pegs and no cranks. The bmx pegs would be fixed to
the hub so they spin with the hub. To propel the unicycle you would
wheel walk on the pegs. The pegs would need to be big and grippy.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3)
BOSE Sucks! Buy Other Stereo Equipment

Old June 16th 06, 11:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

those are all really great ideas and johns ones seem like they would be
a hoot to ride.

I've stumbled across the idea of making a whipper-snipper powered b*ke,
for all you who dont know what a whipper snipper is, it's called a
weed-wacker in america i think, its those things you use to trim your
lawn

Old June 16th 06, 03:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Make a unicycle with some handlebars where the seatpost is, and then
pegs where the cranks would be so you would be holding on to the
handlebars and pushing off with your legs to go faster! That would be
sick!

--
Pantelis

Been Riding Since June 11th 2006,
Bought a Torker LX, June 11th!
Know how to ride, and bunnyhop 2 cm.! YAY
Pantelis's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12382

Novelty Uni TheObieOne3226 Unicycling 0 June 16th 06 10:34 AM
novelty led lighting xyz UK 4 February 19th 06 10:52 PM
suspendsion ring unicycle abcd11001100 Unicycling 13 January 7th 06 06:51 AM
"Segway still a novelty " M. Barbee General 5 August 31st 03 10:17 AM