Should Cyclists Pack Guns?

Old April 20th 07, 07:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
donquijote1954

Default You must remember Christ

On Apr 19, 8:56 pm, (Tom Keats) wrote:

Last Saturday night I was riding my bicycle around (unarmed),
to destinations where I became engaged in more creative
and sociable forms of debauchery.

You mean you enjoy sociable behavior, which is why you ride a bike,
but selfish people in cars (sometimes) make your day miserable. Have
you tried wearing horse blinders?

I wasn't in anybody's way -- drivers could easily pass me --
but just because I was there on a bicycle, I wouldn't be
surprised if I was cussed-out by some drivers for "being in
the way."

You must remember when riding a bike of how much Christ suffered at
the cross.

The thought of shooting anybody didn't enter my mind,
as per usual. I don't wanna hurt anybody. That's why
I ride a bike instead of driving a car.

Guns dont'
work that way.

It's an old, inherited, single-action revolver, with
the hammer stupidly sitting on a loaded chamber.

Squirt-gun "wars" on bikes can be kinda fun. Especially
on hot summer days. Actually, on hot summer days I'm not
above requesting people washing their cars on the curbside
to give me a squirt from their garden hoses as I ride by,
and they often gladly oblige. It's quite refreshing.
Especially after a bunch of urban hill climbing, like
escaping from New Westminster BC.

I see it like a quite an innocent activity, but my concern is that the
guy in the car sees you draw, and...

Old April 20th 07, 07:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
donquijote1954

Default Should Cyclists Pack Guns?

On Apr 19, 9:31 pm, "DI" wrote:
"donquijote1954" wrote in message

ups.com...

"should cyclists pack guns"

This one does when the situation to need one might exist, and I do it
legally. But I'm not crazy and obsessed like Donquijote and would never
think about opening fire on a big bad evil SUV.

Well, they may not be evil but they can kill you easily and pollute
like they are alone in this world. You called that Christian behavior?

Old April 20th 07, 07:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles
Wayne Pein

Keith Schiffner wrote the unintelligible jibber jabber:

Why for telling the truth? Don't ask what happened to the last Mass...what ever
those morons call themselves that tried one of their little trick when I when by
at the legal limit. Insurance is a good thing to have a vehicle why don't you
have it on that push bike?

Because it is not required by law.

Wayne

Old April 20th 07, 07:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
donquijote1954

Default They are driving the monkey to the edge

They are driving the monkey to the edge and there's no way to know
when he can explode...

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...hoots20Gun.gif

But the smart monkey knows better.

The smart monkey shows his cleverness...

The monkey knows that the lion is more powerful than him, and knows he
better use his own weapons, so he decides to be funny, that being his
natural gift. The story goes like this: The Hungry Lion roars:
"Monkey, I'm made to eat meat, so you better come down right now." And
the monkey replies very cool: "HUNGRY? YOU CAN EAT MY BANANA!"

T-SHIRTS TO CHANGE THE WORLD (while some of these products may not
seem related to a revolution, they emphasize our slogan: MAKE LOVE,
NOT WAR)

http://cafepress.com/peacebanana

Old April 20th 07, 08:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
donquijote1954

On Apr 19, 9:54 pm, John Kane wrote:
On Apr 19, 12:34 pm, wrote:

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 12:18:19 -0400, Just A User

wrote:
Curtis L. Russell wrote:
On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 11:51:02 -0400, Just A User
wrote:

Upon mentioning VA Tech, I have to put in my two cents, Cho was a wack
job, but personally I think the right to bear arm part of the
constitution needs to be re thought. In countries, such as the U.K.
where gun control laws are very strict, they don't have incidents like
those at the campus on Monday.

Well, actually they do, but not in the quantity that the U.S. has, and
they seem to be somewhat less successful, even if the intent was
there. There have been incidents in Germany and Scotland and several
in Canada.

Starting this thread - often initiated by those who like to tell
everyone what they will do to this driver or another - is pretty much
stupid. Doing it today is what makes it tasteless to boot.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
I agree it's pretty tasteless, as I pointed out, until all guns are
banned and destroyed, these types of events will happen, but until that
time comes, control is the key.

Ken

Yeh, right. Let's only let the Government have them.

Where did you get that one, Mein Kampf ?

Don't you know any history? The Nazi introduced gun control about 5-6
years after attaining power. They were not particularally worried
about a few burgers with guns.

They know that the sheep won't use it against the wolf. They may use
it against the Black Sheep first.

Old April 20th 07, 08:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
donquijote1954

Default We the Cyclists of the United States

On Apr 19, 10:05 pm, John Kane wrote:

Excellent ! He supports the Constitution and fundamental
rights now matter HOW much the left-wing nutters would like to ignore
those things in their never ending drive to engineer a society more to
their own liking !

Of course, you do realise that most
people (other than USA citizens) view your Constitution as an
amusing
anachronism?

John Kane, Kingston ON Canada

I didn't know it was amusing.

A more updated version of it though would start with something like...

"We the Cyclists of the United States, ir order to form a more perfect
Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the
common transportation, promote Traffic Laws and get rid of SUVs, etc,
etc..."

Old April 20th 07, 08:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles
Turby

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 12:07:34 -0400, Wayne Pein
wrote:

And most bicyclists are also motorists.

I'd bet most bicyclists are schoolchildren too young to drive.

--
Turby the Turbosurfer
Old April 20th 07, 08:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
donquijote1954

Default The right to bear arms should apply to NUN or NONE

The right to bear arms should apply to NUN or NONE...

http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_oct2003/NunsWithGuns.jpg

Meaning we should arm everybody to be able to defend him/herself from
everybody else, or just give it to none so nobody has one. Fair?

Old April 20th 07, 08:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
donquijote1954

On Apr 20, 8:18 am, bob zee wrote:
On Apr 19, 11:34 am, donquijote1954
wrote:

I guess we cyclists are too pacific for that (or just that we aren't
Republicans),

I am not a republican. I am not a democrat. If you choose one over
the other, you are just proving to the rest of the world that you are
a sheep and can't think for yourself.

I think everyone should have a gun.

Then you should vote for NUN (http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_oct2003/
NunsWithGuns.jpg). Even nuns should pack a gun.

Old April 20th 07, 09:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
donquijote1954

Default we are #1in gun violence

On Apr 20, 10:01 am, Curtis L. Russell
wrote:

Sanctioned gun violence is out of hand in the U.S. as well - and as
reported by the conservative side of the think tanks - but at least
most of it is reported. If you think sanctioned gun violence by police
and paramilitary units are even reported in much of SA, you are living
in a fool's paradise. Then you can work on figuring out the level of
criminal violence.

Perhaps American cities are the worst IN THE DEVELOPED WORLD, meaning
not as bad as Brazil or South Africa but not as good as Berlin or
London.

Should Cyclists Pack Guns? donquijote1954 General 465 May 7th 07 03:25 PM
Car Hits Pack of Cyclists in St. Pete Rodney Kuehl Recumbent Biking 40 February 24th 07 01:20 AM
Back pack for cyclists scouselad General 18 June 28th 05 01:39 PM
guns and bikes byron27 Australia 9 October 7th 04 01:21 AM
" 400mph cyclists kill opponents with handlebar-mounted guns " Gawnsoft UK 4 March 10th 04 11:56 PM