Should Cyclists Pack Guns?

Old April 19th 07, 09:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
donquijote1954

Default Should Cyclists Pack Guns?

On Apr 19, 1:11 pm, Road Glidin' Don wrote:
On Apr 19, 9:34 am, donquijote1954
wrote:

Hey, we get screamed at, doored at,

Hopefully a door opener gets you some day, so we don't have to put up
with your retarded cross-posts anymore.

I'd consider it an act of terrorism. Bicycles should have the right to
be free from opening doors as well as from invasive cars. If someone
has the right ot bear arms, we should have the right to ride a bike
SAFELY on the streets, ie. WE NEED BIKE LANES.

Old April 19th 07, 09:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
donquijote1954

Default we are #1in gun violence

On Apr 19, 3:48 pm, (Matthew T. Russotto)
wrote:
In article ,
Just A User wrote:

Okay so that is one, but they are a lot less common than here in the U.S.

Here in the gun happy U.S. we have at least a couple of mass shootings
per year.

A lie, of course.

We are not the only one, but we are #1in gun violence... It's "as easy
to buy weapons as a loaf of bread," says this article that gauges
world opinion...

"The U.S. is not the only country in which random acts of gun violence
have erupted in seemingly everyday circumstances to destroy lives,
families and communities," said Britain's Guardian newspaper. "But the
U.S. is one of the few countries that seems collectively unwilling and
politically incapable of doing anything serious to stop such things
happening again."The slayings Monday at Virginia Tech reinforced a
perception that in the U.S., it is "as easy to buy weapons as a loaf
of bread," in the words of one Russian woman on a Moscow street. "Any
madman can get hold of a gun," said Natalya Ivanova, a 22-year-old
secretary.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...ationworld-hed

Old April 19th 07, 09:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles
M. MacDonald

"Thumper" wrote:
Definitely, all motorcycle riders should carry sidearm's (not bicyclists
though, they're all fruitcakes).

LOL!

I wish they'd (bicyclists) would pay something to ride the things on the
streets. Around here, they take one entire lane away from vehicle traffic
and give it to bicyclists who I rarely see riding in one. They sure get a
lot of free asphalt and impede the traffic flow for their selfishness.

We have a few bicycle rallys in the countryside each year that causes the
entire road to be closed for the day. People, mostly ranchers, cannot leave
or enter their property until the bicycle event is over. One said he was
going to release 200 head of cattle on the road just to make the event "more
eventful(less)."

Unfortunately, if we use them guns we'll go to jail.

Yep. If they other party's family pushed the issue in court, their lawyers
will find it "illegally carried, stored, loaded, safety off, state-line
illegality, etc." You won't win (mostly 'cause you're a stinkin' biker).

Kind'a makes packing one on a bike pointless. Besides, they'll just run you
over or off the road anyway. By the time you get to it - if you still can -
they'll be long gone.

You have NO defense on a motorcycle -- unless you are in a pack of a dozen
or so other bikers who still may be alive to do the subsequent dirty work
for you that you cannot.

Mack

Old April 19th 07, 10:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
BiffB

Just A User wrote:
Curtis L. Russell wrote:

On 19 Apr 2007 08:34:20 -0700, donquijote1954
wrote:

I guess we cyclists are too pacific for that (or just that we aren't
Republicans), but in light of all that violence out there, shouldn't
we rethink our strategy (everyone to himself) and get together to
launch a good nonviolent campaign?

I don't expect 'normal' from you, but don't you find this just a
little bit tasteless considering what just happened on the Virginia
Tech campus?

And using 'Republicans' must be your way to compensate for not being
able to actually make a complete, cogent thought on your own. I'm sure
there are some reflexive 'thinkers' such as yourself that will think
you made some point or another.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Upon mentioning VA Tech, I have to put in my two cents, Cho was a wack
job, but personally I think the right to bear arm part of the
constitution needs to be re thought. In countries, such as the U.K.
where gun control laws are very strict, they don't have incidents like
those at the campus on Monday.

Now as to cyclists packing heat, thats just extra weight I don't want to
carry around on my rides.

Ken

Before Monday, the U.S. had not had an incident like that.
The U.K. also has surviellance cameras every 15 feet. Would you be
willing to live in an Orwellian world for a false sense of security?
I personally figure if some crazy wacko nutjob wants to go on a killing
spree, he'll find a way, with, or without a gun, and I'ld just as soon
improve my odds by having one to stop him.
Now that I've poked at the ant bed a little bit, i'm gonna go have a nap.

Old April 19th 07, 10:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles
.p.jm@see_my_sig_for_address.com

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 13:35:39 -0700, "M. MacDonald"
wrote:

"Thumper" wrote:
Definitely, all motorcycle riders should carry sidearm's (not bicyclists
though, they're all fruitcakes).

LOL!

I wish they'd (bicyclists) would pay something to ride the things on the
streets. Around here, they take one entire lane away from vehicle traffic
and give it to bicyclists who I rarely see riding in one. They sure get a
lot of free asphalt and impede the traffic flow for their selfishness.

We have a few bicycle rallys in the countryside each year that causes the
entire road to be closed for the day. People, mostly ranchers, cannot leave
or enter their property until the bicycle event is over. One said he was
going to release 200 head of cattle on the road just to make the event "more
eventful(less)."

Of he could let the cows hang out on the road overnight the
night before ....

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm/
Old April 19th 07, 10:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
sqidbait

On Apr 19, 8:34 am, donquijote1954
wrote:
Hey, we get screamed at, doored at, spitted upon, pushed around and
even killed, isn't it time we enjoy the same benefits as other
Americans? When is a cyclist going into a rage and mow down all those
careless SUV drivers who make us feel worthless?

[snip]

SpikeBike did this *years* ago. Weren't you paying attention?

http://members.aol.com/clubnbc/spike_1.htm

-- Michael

Old April 19th 07, 10:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
.p.jm@see_my_sig_for_address.com

On 19 Apr 2007 13:33:35 -0700, donquijote1954
wrote:

On Apr 19, 3:48 pm, (Matthew T. Russotto)
wrote:
In article ,
Just A User wrote:

Okay so that is one, but they are a lot less common than here in the U.S.

Here in the gun happy U.S. we have at least a couple of mass shootings
per year.

A lie, of course.

We are not the only one, but we are #1in gun violence... It's "as easy
to buy weapons as a loaf of bread," says this article that gauges
world opinion...

Well, the articel is full of ****, as is 'world opinion',
including the nonexistent 'world opinion' cited by the anti-gun crowd.
Here's a news flash for you - you can find a 'world opinion' for
anything, on any side of any subject.

"The U.S. is not the only country in which random acts of gun violence
have erupted in seemingly everyday circumstances to destroy lives,
families and communities," said Britain's Guardian newspaper. "But the

Left wing lunatic pseudo-news rag.

U.S. is one of the few countries that seems collectively unwilling and
politically incapable of doing anything serious to stop such things
happening again."The slayings Monday at Virginia Tech reinforced a
perception that in the U.S., it is "as easy to buy weapons as a loaf
of bread," in the words of one Russian woman on a Moscow street. "Any

Well, THAT settles it ! If some random whore walking the
street in Moscow says 'It's like such and such in America', it must be
true !

madman can get hold of a gun," said Natalya Ivanova, a 22-year-old
secretary.

As they can, and as easily, in Russia.

Old April 19th 07, 10:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
Tom Keats

In article . com,
donquijote1954 writes:
Hey, we get screamed at, doored at, spitted upon, pushed around and
even killed, isn't it time we enjoy the same benefits as other
Americans? When is a cyclist going into a rage and mow down all those
careless SUV drivers who make us feel worthless?

I think you'll find your feelings of worthlessness
are rooted within. having a gun won't fix that, any
more than will driving a motor vehicle, getting drunk,
or any combination of the above.

Imagine this scenario: You get hit and as you roll down the pavement
you draw and...

1) drop the gun, causing it to uncontrolledly discharge

2) accidentally shoot an innocent bystander

3) inflict revenge that greatly exceeds the wrong/slight
done to you

4) shoot your eye out

5) lose the gun in some bushes, where some 7 year old
kid will later find it

I guess we cyclists are too pacific for that (or just that we aren't
Republicans), but in light of all that violence out there, shouldn't
we rethink our strategy (everyone to himself) and get together to
launch a good nonviolent campaign?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^

There's already a bunch of them. They just don't
have your name on them (thank Goodness.)

--
Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old April 19th 07, 10:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
Road Glidin' Don[_2_]

wrote:

Hey, we get screamed at, doored at,

Hopefully a door opener gets you some day, so we don't have to put up
with your retarded cross-posts anymore.

I'd consider it an act of terrorism. Bicycles should have the right to
be free from opening doors as well as from invasive cars. If someone
has the right ot bear arms, we should have the right to ride a bike
SAFELY on the streets, ie. WE NEED BIKE LANES.

You've got a newsgroup for bicycles which you don't stay in. No
reason to suppose, if you had bike lanes, you'd stay in them either.
You've got a lot to learn about responsible use and sharing before you
start preaching to others, retard.

Old April 19th 07, 10:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
Bill H.

On Apr 19, 9:03 am, wrote:
On 19 Apr 2007 08:34:20 -0700, donquijote1954

Excellent ! He supports the Constitution and fundamental
rights...

Just not civil liberties.

Question: Do you support the right for women to vote? The founding
fathers didn't. But we changed THAT to our liking, didn't we?

Should Cyclists Pack Guns? donquijote1954 General 465 May 7th 07 03:25 PM
Car Hits Pack of Cyclists in St. Pete Rodney Kuehl Recumbent Biking 40 February 24th 07 01:20 AM
Back pack for cyclists scouselad General 18 June 28th 05 01:39 PM
guns and bikes byron27 Australia 9 October 7th 04 01:21 AM
" 400mph cyclists kill opponents with handlebar-mounted guns " Gawnsoft UK 4 March 10th 04 11:56 PM