Could Key West be a bike model for America?

Old October 31st 08, 06:25 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Road Glidin' Don[_2_]

Default Could Key West be a bike model for America?

On Oct 31, 12:05*pm, KingOfTheApes
wrote:
On Oct 31, 1:48*pm, Henry wrote:

Road Glidin' Don wrote:
On Oct 31, 10:34 am, Henry wrote:
* They're just angry, uptight, and easily offended with
no authority in real life, so they come to usenet to
play tough guys and 'net cops. ;-)
Of course. *You, cross-posting vitriol about Bush and 9/11 here day
after day after day for 5 years without a break... that's not an
example of being angry, uptight or easily offended. *But, if someone
suggests you give it a break, then it's *their* panties that are in a
wad. *Riiiiiiight.

* Equating 9-11-01 and the Bush regime's tax payer
theft, war crimes, mass murder, and terrorism with
cross posting seems a little extreme...

Yep, because WHAT THEY FEAR IS THE MESSAGE.

If you disagree with Henry about the twin towers being blown up by
Bush to give an excuse for attacking Iraq, then you also "fear the
message." Enjoy the taste of each other's medicine, boys.

Old October 31st 08, 06:40 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
KingOfTheApes

On Oct 31, 2:20*pm, "Road Glidin' Don" wrote:
On Oct 31, 12:02*pm, Henry wrote:

Road Glidin' Don wrote:
Suppose every message I and every other person here posted was cross-
posted to a dozen or more newsgroups, related or not, in an effort to
have our views read by as many people as possible. *It would tend to
negate the rationale for having newsgroups devoted to particular areas
of interest - areas which, although never pure in content, are
nevertheless identifiable, making people better able to filter out
subjects they don't want to be deluged with *(like non-Americans with
endless rehashing of a single American 9/11 controversy).

* Look at the content of this newsgroup. Probably half
of the exchanges are about something other than motorcycling.
But you don't complain about that - in fact, you often
contribute to it.
* Although plenty of them do, many of your posts have
nothing to do with motorcycles. Who decides when the off
topic limit is exceeded? It seems like you only complain
about off topic posts when you don't approve of the off
topic subject. If you do, then off topic is fine. That
tends to reduce the credibility of your complaint.

Don't be so eager to just say what you want to say, Henry. *If it's on
the subject you're addressing, you should first read my response in
it's entirety.

I already dealt with that in the sentence: *"It would tend to negate
the rationale for having newsgroups devoted to particular areas of
interest - areas which, although never pure in content, are
nevertheless identifiable, making people better able to filter out
subjects they don't want to be deluged with"- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, you are so clever that you want to hide your stupidity. But
that's hard to do...

How can you say that the above groups (plus some other left out) don't
share a particular area of interest. Have you noticed WE ALL SHARE THE
SAME ROAD? Well, kind of, because share would mean that we cooperate
intead of intimidate each other.

I don't know if you are clever or stupid, but you sure look funny.
Old October 31st 08, 06:41 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
KingOfTheApes

On Oct 31, 2:21*pm, "Road Glidin' Don" wrote:
On Oct 31, 12:07*pm, KingOfTheApes
wrote:

He sounds like a cop.

Would cops be for safer roads? Good question, huh?

More deeeeeep thoughts from the cross-posting genius.

Exactly, and I can almost advance the answer. The corrupt ones who
make a factory out of issuing speeding tickets, won't. But the good
ones will.
Old October 31st 08, 06:47 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
KingOfTheApes

wrote:

On Oct 31, 1:48*pm, Henry wrote:

Road Glidin' Don wrote:
On Oct 31, 10:34 am, Henry wrote:
* They're just angry, uptight, and easily offended with
no authority in real life, so they come to usenet to
play tough guys and 'net cops. ;-)
Of course. *You, cross-posting vitriol about Bush and 9/11 here day
after day after day for 5 years without a break... that's not an
example of being angry, uptight or easily offended. *But, if someone
suggests you give it a break, then it's *their* panties that are in a
wad. *Riiiiiiight.

* Equating 9-11-01 and the Bush regime's tax payer
theft, war crimes, mass murder, and terrorism with
cross posting seems a little extreme...

Yep, because WHAT THEY FEAR IS THE MESSAGE.

If you disagree with Henry about the twin towers being blown up by
Bush to give an excuse for attacking Iraq, then you also "fear the
message." *Enjoy the taste of each other's medicine, boys.- Hide quoted text -

I don't fear that more than the theory that Iraq had WMDs when they
didn't.

And that was a REAL conspiracy theory.

Remember the secret contacts of Hussein and Al Qaida in Nigeria and
Checkoslavakia and other BS?
Old October 31st 08, 06:51 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Road Glidin' Don[_2_]

wrote:

He sounds like a cop.

Would cops be for safer roads? Good question, huh?

More deeeeeep thoughts from the cross-posting genius.

Exactly, and I can almost advance the answer. The corrupt ones who
make a factory out of issuing speeding tickets, won't. But the good
ones will.

Wow. Yet another amazing insight (for a 12 year old).
Old October 31st 08, 07:07 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
KingOfTheApes

wrote:

He sounds like a cop.

Would cops be for safer roads? Good question, huh?

More deeeeeep thoughts from the cross-posting genius.

Exactly, and I can almost advance the answer. The corrupt ones who
make a factory out of issuing speeding tickets, won't. But the good
ones will.

Wow. *Yet another amazing insight (for a 12 year old).

You'll be surprised how smart kids are these days...

Or you thought speeding tickets were about taming traffic? I think it
has more to with feeding the city coffers and the lawyers. Here you
hire a lawyer, and your points won't count toward your insurance and
you won't even have to appear in court. How easier can it get than
that?

IT'S ALL ABOUT A MONEY, kids say.
Old October 31st 08, 07:16 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Road Glidin' Don[_2_]

On Oct 31, 12:02*pm, Henry wrote:

Road Glidin' Don wrote:
[...]

You sure have a problem coming up with a witty comeback, don't you?
Well here's a hint thrown your way, boy. It might be that you're not
terribly smart.

How can you say that the above groups (plus some other left out) don't
share a particular area of interest. Have you noticed WE ALL SHARE THE
SAME ROAD? Well, kind of, because share would mean that we cooperate
intead of intimidate each other.

Following your example argues for cars driving in lanes devoted to
bicycles, idiot.

Still waiting for that post on the subject of respecting the commonly
shared resource
of Usenet, while cross-posting to as many unrelated newsgroups as
possible. No deep thoughts on that, genius?

Old October 31st 08, 07:18 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Road Glidin' Don[_2_]

wrote:

He sounds like a cop.

Would cops be for safer roads? Good question, huh?

More deeeeeep thoughts from the cross-posting genius.

Exactly, and I can almost advance the answer. The corrupt ones who
make a factory out of issuing speeding tickets, won't. But the good
ones will.

Wow. *Yet another amazing insight (for a 12 year old).

You'll be surprised how smart kids are these days...

Or you thought speeding tickets were about taming traffic? I think it
has more to with feeding the city coffers and the lawyers. Here you
hire a lawyer, and your points won't count toward your insurance and
you won't even have to appear in court. How easier can it get than
that?

IT'S ALL ABOUT A MONEY, kids say.

You don't say, genius? Oh, stop it! You're amazing, deep thoughts
are going to blow everyone's mind!

Old October 31st 08, 10:18 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Edward Dolan

"Henry" wrote in message
Road Glidin' Don wrote:
On Oct 31, 10:34 am, Henry wrote:

They're just angry, uptight, and easily offended with
no authority in real life, so they come to usenet to
play tough guys and 'net cops. ;-)

Of course. You, cross-posting vitriol about Bush and 9/11 here day
after day after day for 5 years without a break... that's not an
example of being angry, uptight or easily offended. But, if someone
suggests you give it a break, then it's *their* panties that are in a
wad. Riiiiiiight.

Equating 9-11-01 and the Bush regime's tax payer
theft, war crimes, mass murder, and terrorism with
cross posting seems a little extreme...

The only thing that is a "little extreme" is your ****ed-up brain. If and
when we get B. Hussein O. for president, you will wish that we still had
Bush in the White House. Now take your god damn liberal sentiments and stuff
them up your ass, you moron!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old October 31st 08, 10:39 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
KingOfTheApes

On Oct 31, 12:02*pm, Henry wrote:

Road Glidin' Don wrote:
[...]

possible. *No deep thoughts on that, genius?- Hide quoted text -

I iniatially pushed for separate facilities (bike lanes), but now in
light of the resistance from cyclists (who probably are elite cyclists
who are not interested in them), I push both for bike lanes and
traffic taming. Both conditions are present in Key West which make it
appropriate as a model.

I hope that's not hard to understand for someone with reading
comprehension problems.