Could Key West be a bike model for America?

Old October 31st 08, 10:47 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
KingOfTheApes

Default You speed. I speed. We all speed

On Oct 31, 3:18*pm, "Road Glidin' Don" wrote:
On Oct 31, 1:07*pm, KingOfTheApes wrote:

On Oct 31, 2:51*pm, "Road Glidin' Don" wrote:

On Oct 31, 12:41*pm, KingOfTheApes
wrote:

On Oct 31, 2:21*pm, "Road Glidin' Don" wrote:

On Oct 31, 12:07*pm, KingOfTheApes
wrote:

He sounds like a cop.

Would cops be for safer roads? Good question, huh?

More deeeeeep thoughts from the cross-posting genius.

Exactly, and I can almost advance the answer. The corrupt ones who
make a factory out of issuing speeding tickets, won't. But the good
ones will.

Wow. *Yet another amazing insight (for a 12 year old).

You'll be surprised how smart kids are these days...

Or you thought speeding tickets were about taming traffic? I think it
has more to with feeding the city coffers and the lawyers. Here you
hire a lawyer, and your points won't count toward your insurance and
you won't even have to appear in court. How easier can it get than
that?

IT'S ALL ABOUT A MONEY, kids say.

You don't say, genius? *Oh, stop it! *You're amazing, deep thoughts
are going to blow everyone's mind!- Hide quoted text -

No, it'll make them think a bit. But the fact that police often hand
out tickets as collection is not such a secret...

(from a lawyer's sales pitch)

Traffic Violations and Speeding

You speed. I speed. We all speed. Lets face it.

The best advice is simply not to speed, at least not brazenly. If you
are in that range of 5 to 7 miles per hour over the limit, in the
metro area, you are fairly safe.

Based on recent statistics, everyday, an average of 125,000 people in
the U.S. receive a traffic citation. Many of these people are
victimized by faulty speed-reading devices, incompetent, overly-
aggressive traffic officers and budget-strapped governmental
agencies."

http://www.nvo.com/beaulier/trafficandspeedingtickets/
Old November 1st 08, 12:13 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Edward Dolan

Default Could Key West be a bike model for America?

"KingOfTheApes" wrote in message
On Oct 31, 3:16 pm, "Road Glidin' Don" wrote:
[...]
Suppose every message I and every other person here posted was
cross-
posted to a dozen or more newsgroups, related or not, in an effort
have our views read by as many people as possible. It would tend
negate the rationale for having newsgroups devoted to particular
areas
of interest - areas which, although never pure in content, are
nevertheless identifiable, making people better able to filter out
subjects they don't want to be deluged with (like non-Americans
with
endless rehashing of a single American 9/11 controversy).

ALL unmoderated newsgroups are for idiots. Therefore it doesn't matter what
is cross-posted to wherever. Anyone who is stupid enough to be on an
unmoderated newsgroup deserves whatever **** is served up. So just shut the
**** up and eat the ****, you god damn moron!
[...]

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old November 1st 08, 12:50 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Edward Dolan

"KingOfTheApes" wrote in message
[...]
I don't fear that more than the theory that Iraq had WMDs when they

didn't.

And that was a REAL conspiracy theory.

You god damn ****ing stupid asshole ... the whole world thought he had
weapons of mass destruction including all of your liberal asshole buddies in
Congress. Even Powell the Black Sheep thought so!

Remember the secret contacts of Hussein and Al Qaida in Nigeria and

Checkoslavakia [Czechoslovakia] and other BS?

Hussein was bent on acquiring nuclear weapons. Further, he wanted the whole
world to think that he had them. Therefore Bush was more than justified to
take him and his regime out. Only liberal assholes like you think otherwise.
Now go **** yourself and stop posting nonsense to these honorable
newsgroups, you god damn moron!

By the way, there no longer is any Czechoslovakia. It is now the Czech
Republic and Slovakia. Try to get your head screwed on straight why don't
you, you god damn moron!

Old November 1st 08, 12:57 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Edward Dolan

"KingOfTheApes" wrote in message
[...]
I iniatially pushed for separate facilities (bike lanes), but now in

light of the resistance from cyclists (who probably are elite cyclists
who are not interested in them), I push both for bike lanes and
traffic taming. Both conditions are present in Key West which make it
appropriate as a model.

Bike lanes are the pits. It is a good way for cyclists to get themselves
killed. We need our own bike paths. And none of this has anything to do with
"elite cyclists." It has to do with common sense.

By the way, Key West is a dump and I would not want to be caught dead there.
[...]

Old November 1st 08, 03:45 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
S'mee

On Oct 31, 6:13*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

ALL unmoderated newsgroups are for idiots. Therefore it doesn't matter what
is cross-posted to wherever. Anyone who is stupid enough to be on an
unmoderated newsgroup deserves whatever **** is served up. So just shut the
**** up and eat the ****, you god damn moron!

So you WANT CENSORSHIP? No thanks I do not wnat some **** telling want
I can and cannot say. **** moderated groups and the worthless *******s
who wnat them. That being said it should be obvious to a nut like you
I can't stand anything resembling censorship.

--
Keith
Old November 1st 08, 03:47 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
S'mee

On Oct 31, 11:53*am, "Bob Myers" wrote:
"S'mee" wrote in message

AH but you would be wrong...I wear a REAL helmet not the unsafe ****
foisted off on bicyclists. 8^) I compensate for a head made of
camembertsic? by having testicular tissues of diamond.

OK, I think we've now figgered out the problems you
reported with the Ninjette seat...;-)

LOL...you need to get over here post hast and clean the oatmeal stout
offa my damn keyboard. Don't worry about the monitor I licked it
clean.
--
Keith
Old November 1st 08, 05:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Ben Kaufman

On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 07:26:34 -0700 (PDT), KingOfTheApes
wrote:

On Oct 30, 5:39 pm, Ben Kaufman spaXm-mXe-anXd-paXy-5000-
wrote:
On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 13:42:43 -0700 (PDT), KingOfTheApes

wrote:
On Oct 30, 3:57 pm, "Papa Tom" wrote:
OK, what's the deal with this King of the Apes guy? All the posts I've seen
from him appear to be legitimate, some even raising very good points. This
Key West thing is a good example, yet the one and only reply I've seen so
far is "F-ck off." This seems to be a common response to many of Ape's
posts. Is there something about this guy I don't know?

I think it has to do with the sheep NOT wanting to hear the truth. Of
course, I'm the black sheep.

Funny, Key West is also a paradise for motorcyclists, like that
brutish one that said, "F-ck off."

You can probably also rationalize the hundreds of other messages you've spewed
to rec.motorcycles over the years including such pseudonyms as Don Quixote, and
the king of the jungle crap. I ride a bicycle too and also participate on some
of the bicycle newsgroups but I don't cross post it to my motorcycle groups.

Ben

Just because all, bicycles, scooters, EVs and motorcycles, find a
happy place in Key West. SMALL IS BETTER, comprende?

That's not what she said, but it's also irrelevant.

Ben
Old November 1st 08, 05:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Ben Kaufman

On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 10:36:13 -0700 (PDT), KingOfTheApes
wrote:

The subject here is NOT 9-11, but my subject here is and has always
been WHY AMERICAN ROADS REMAIN A JUNGLE, AND WHAT WE CAN DO TO FIX IT.
If we don't, then 44,000 more Americans will die every year and that's
more than 10 times worse than 9-11...

So what? Over 12 times that (559,000) people die from cancer each year
Over 19 times that (856,000) people die from cardiovascular disease each year.
69,000 die from non transportation accidents.
71k for Alzheimers

http://www.disastercenter.com/cdc/Ag...es%202005.html
Old November 1st 08, 06:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Bob

The answer to the question as posed in the thread title is simple. No,
not unless someone comes up with a magical formula that can shrink
America and all of it's component parts- rural, urban, and suburban-
to the size of that one tiny island at the southernmost point of the
US while simultaneously making each component part self-sufficient.
After all, we can't all work in restaurants, sell real estate, import
jewelry, or sell key lime pie for a living.
Of course, that's not the answer you want but you don't really want
any answers or opinions. You simply want to keep stating your own
opinion over and over again.

Regards,
Bob Hunt

Old November 1st 08, 05:58 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc
Road Glidin' Don

On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 20:45:40 -0700 (PDT), "S'mee"
wrote:

On Oct 31, 6:13*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

ALL unmoderated newsgroups are for idiots. Therefore it doesn't matter what
is cross-posted to wherever. Anyone who is stupid enough to be on an
unmoderated newsgroup deserves whatever **** is served up. So just shut the
**** up and eat the ****, you god damn moron!

So you WANT CENSORSHIP? No thanks I do not wnat some **** telling want
I can and cannot say. **** moderated groups and the worthless *******s
who wnat them. That being said it should be obvious to a nut like you
I can't stand anything resembling censorship.

You tell 'em Keith! g

One of the reason newsgroups work as well as they do without
moderators is because the participants tend to become regulars.
People get to know each other a little and, as a result of being stuck
with each other, make some effort to get along. Then, along comes
self-important, cross-posting ape-**** jr. and we're treated to guys
like this Dolan ****wit.