Could Key West be a bike model for America?

Old November 1st 08, 12:50 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Edward Dolan

Default Could Key West be a bike model for America?

"KingOfTheApes" wrote in message
[...]
I don't fear that more than the theory that Iraq had WMDs when they

didn't.

And that was a REAL conspiracy theory.

You god damn ****ing stupid asshole ... the whole world thought he had
weapons of mass destruction including all of your liberal asshole buddies in
Congress. Even Powell the Black Sheep thought so!

Remember the secret contacts of Hussein and Al Qaida in Nigeria and

Checkoslavakia [Czechoslovakia] and other BS?

Hussein was bent on acquiring nuclear weapons. Further, he wanted the whole
world to think that he had them. Therefore Bush was more than justified to
take him and his regime out. Only liberal assholes like you think otherwise.
Now go **** yourself and stop posting nonsense to these honorable
newsgroups, you god damn moron!

By the way, there no longer is any Czechoslovakia. It is now the Czech
Republic and Slovakia. Try to get your head screwed on straight why don't
you, you god damn moron!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old November 1st 08, 12:57 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Edward Dolan

"KingOfTheApes" wrote in message
[...]
I iniatially pushed for separate facilities (bike lanes), but now in

light of the resistance from cyclists (who probably are elite cyclists
who are not interested in them), I push both for bike lanes and
traffic taming. Both conditions are present in Key West which make it
appropriate as a model.

Bike lanes are the pits. It is a good way for cyclists to get themselves
killed. We need our own bike paths. And none of this has anything to do with
"elite cyclists." It has to do with common sense.

By the way, Key West is a dump and I would not want to be caught dead there.
[...]

Old November 1st 08, 03:45 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
S'mee

On Oct 31, 6:13*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

ALL unmoderated newsgroups are for idiots. Therefore it doesn't matter what
is cross-posted to wherever. Anyone who is stupid enough to be on an
unmoderated newsgroup deserves whatever **** is served up. So just shut the
**** up and eat the ****, you god damn moron!

So you WANT CENSORSHIP? No thanks I do not wnat some **** telling want
I can and cannot say. **** moderated groups and the worthless *******s
who wnat them. That being said it should be obvious to a nut like you
I can't stand anything resembling censorship.

--
Keith
Old November 1st 08, 03:47 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
S'mee

On Oct 31, 11:53*am, "Bob Myers" wrote:
"S'mee" wrote in message

AH but you would be wrong...I wear a REAL helmet not the unsafe ****
foisted off on bicyclists. 8^) I compensate for a head made of
camembertsic? by having testicular tissues of diamond.

OK, I think we've now figgered out the problems you
reported with the Ninjette seat...;-)

LOL...you need to get over here post hast and clean the oatmeal stout
offa my damn keyboard. Don't worry about the monitor I licked it
clean.
--
Keith
Old November 1st 08, 05:58 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc
Road Glidin' Don

On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 20:45:40 -0700 (PDT), "S'mee"
wrote:

On Oct 31, 6:13*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

ALL unmoderated newsgroups are for idiots. Therefore it doesn't matter what
is cross-posted to wherever. Anyone who is stupid enough to be on an
unmoderated newsgroup deserves whatever **** is served up. So just shut the
**** up and eat the ****, you god damn moron!

So you WANT CENSORSHIP? No thanks I do not wnat some **** telling want
I can and cannot say. **** moderated groups and the worthless *******s
who wnat them. That being said it should be obvious to a nut like you
I can't stand anything resembling censorship.

You tell 'em Keith! g

One of the reason newsgroups work as well as they do without
moderators is because the participants tend to become regulars.
People get to know each other a little and, as a result of being stuck
with each other, make some effort to get along. Then, along comes
self-important, cross-posting ape-**** jr. and we're treated to guys
like this Dolan ****wit.

Old November 1st 08, 11:14 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Edward Dolan

"S'mee" wrote in message
On Oct 31, 6:13 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

ALL unmoderated newsgroups are for idiots. Therefore it doesn't matter
what
is cross-posted to wherever. Anyone who is stupid enough to be on an
unmoderated newsgroup deserves whatever **** is served up. So just shut
the
**** up and eat the ****, you god damn moron!

So you WANT CENSORSHIP? No thanks I do not wnat some **** telling want

I can and cannot say. **** moderated groups and the worthless *******s
who wnat them. That being said it should be obvious to a nut like you
I can't stand anything resembling censorship.

Keith

ALL unmoderated newsgroups are nothing but a free-for-all. Nothing serious
can ever get properly discussed. Anyone who takes unmoderated newsgroups the
least bit serious is a fool.

Moderated newsgroups obviously are not for you and me, but you really do
need a moderator (editor) to pass on the appropriateness of any and all
messages. Fro instance, neither my message to which you are replying nor
your message to which I am replying would pass muster on a moderated
newsgroup - and rightfully so. Who in their right mind wants to read words
like "god damn moron" or "****"? Censorship is good!

Old November 1st 08, 11:22 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
BrianNZ

Edward Dolan wrote:

ALL unmoderated newsgroups are nothing but a free-for-all. Nothing serious
can ever get properly discussed. Anyone who takes unmoderated newsgroups the
least bit serious is a fool.

It's just a matter of picking the gems from the ****heap. The absolute
loons don't take long to stand out, it's the subtle loons you have to
watch for.

Moderated newsgroups obviously are not for you and me, but you really do
need a moderator (editor) to pass on the appropriateness of any and all
messages. Fro instance, neither my message to which you are replying nor
your message to which I am replying would pass muster on a moderated
newsgroup - and rightfully so. Who in their right mind wants to read words
like "god damn moron" or "****"? Censorship is good!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Those words help you build a mental profile of the person you are
dealing with....and despite their language, they may still have valid
points to offer. Censorship sucks, full bloody stop! It should be up to
the individual to decide who/what they read/respond to.
Old November 1st 08, 11:22 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

.. .
wrote:

[...]

The history of the newsgroup ARBR proves you wrong in all your assertions
above. Clearly, you do not know what you are blathering about.

A small newsgroup can easily be destroyed by a single criminal vandal troll.
Even larger newsgroups can easily be destroyed by a small group of vandals.

Unmoderated newsgroups have seen better days and are doomed to extinction.
Only idiots think they have any value.

Old November 1st 08, 11:30 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc
BrianNZ

wrote:

[...]

Obviously ARBR is just one of the hundreds (thousands?) of groups. Why
should that particular one be held up as the 'norm'?

A small newsgroup can easily be destroyed by a single criminal vandal troll.
Even larger newsgroups can easily be destroyed by a small group of vandals.

As simple as not responding to the trolls. Ignore their posts.....self
regulate. You find after time that Road Glidn Don's post is correct. A
bit of give and take gets you past the ranting.

Unmoderated newsgroups have seen better days and are doomed to extinction.
Only idiots think they have any value.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Value? how do you judge value from a newsgroup. If someone learns
something from someone else's experience, does that count as value?
Just chatting with someone from the other side of the world in 'real
time' is value to me.

But of course, since only idiots think they are of value, thats why you
are here.....trolling...
Old November 2nd 08, 12:01 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"BrianNZ" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:
"Road Glidin' Don" wrote in message
.. .

[...]
One of the reason newsgroups work as well as they do without
moderators is because the participants tend to become regulars.
People get to know each other a little and, as a result of being stuck
with each other, make some effort to get along. Then, along comes
self-important, cross-posting ape-**** jr. and we're treated to guys
like this Dolan ****wit.

The history of the newsgroup ARBR proves you wrong in all your assertions
above. Clearly, you do not know what you are blathering about.

Obviously ARBR is just one of the hundreds (thousands?) of groups. Why
should that particular one be held up as the 'norm'?

I have also been on many other newsgroups and they are all the same. Most of
them have become nothing but chat rooms for the cognoscenti. I suppose this
is OK, but it is not really what newsgroups were suppose to be about.

A small newsgroup can easily be destroyed by a single criminal vandal
troll. Even larger newsgroups can easily be destroyed by a small group of
vandals.

As simple as not responding to the trolls. Ignore their posts.....self
regulate. You find after time that Road Glidn Don's post is correct. A bit
of give and take gets you past the ranting.\

You obviously have never encountered a criminal vandal troll. You can't
ignore them because they scare off everyone who is the least bit normal.
Before you know it, everyone is gone.

Unmoderated newsgroups have seen better days and are doomed to
extinction. Only idiots think they have any value.

Value? how do you judge value from a newsgroup. If someone learns
something from someone else's experience, does that count as value?
Just chatting with someone from the other side of the world in 'real time'
is value to me.

Ah, such innocence! I was once that way myself, but no more. I KNOW what
newsgroups are good for and it is not for exchanging information - or making
friends either. Trust me on this ... all newsgroups NEED moderators.

But of course, since only idiots think they are of value, thats why you
are here.....trolling...

A troll is never responsive. Have I not been responsive to your message?
However, I am indeed an idiot for being here!