Steve Jobs

Old October 6th 11, 02:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Brad Anders

Default Steve Jobs

Amazing career, dead long before his time. Only 3 years older than me.
Makes me appreciate every day I have good health and can get out on my
bike.

Anyone here know him personally? Quite a conflicting character from
what you read, most of which I doubt is that accurate.
Old October 6th 11, 11:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article
,
Brad Anders wrote:

Amazing career, dead long before his time. Only 3 years older than me.
Makes me appreciate every day I have good health and can get out on my
bike.

Anyone here know him personally? Quite a conflicting character from
what you read, most of which I doubt is that accurate.

Did not know him. Spent a few years at Apple while he
was not there and after the second coming. The
expression "reality distortion field" was coined for
his effect on others. He instituted the most effective
and productive (money making) corporate secrecy ever
outside of government contractors. Nobody had to tell
you to keep your lip buttoned; it was in the air.

--
Michael Press
Old October 6th 11, 04:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
BL[_2_]

On 10/6/2011 6:10 AM, Michael Press wrote:
In article
,
Brad wrote:

Amazing career, dead long before his time. Only 3 years older than me.
Makes me appreciate every day I have good health and can get out on my
bike.

Anyone here know him personally? Quite a conflicting character from
what you read, most of which I doubt is that accurate.

Did not know him. Spent a few years at Apple while he
was not there and after the second coming. The
expression "reality distortion field" was coined for
his effect on others. He instituted the most effective
and productive (money making) corporate secrecy ever
outside of government contractors. Nobody had to tell
you to keep your lip buttoned; it was in the air.

He was a marketing genius for sure. As a person? I read in one of his
obituaries that he gave virtually nothing to charity and that Greenpeace
has criticized him repeatedly for not making his products readily
recyclable. Also did not know that he was adopted and discovered he had
a half sister well into adulthood. Still, gone before his time. RIP.

Old October 6th 11, 05:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

BL a écrit profondement:

| He was a marketing genius for sure. As a person? I read in one of his
| obituaries that he gave virtually nothing to charity and that
| Greenpeace has criticized him repeatedly for not making his products
| readily recyclable. Also did not know that he was adopted and
| discovered he had a half sister well into adulthood. Still, gone
| before his time. RIP.

"What people do is almost always better than what they are."
- Henri de Toulouse-Laurec-Monfa

--
Davey Crockett
When exactly did "Serve and Protect"

Old October 6th 11, 08:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

Davey Crockett wrote:
"What people do is almost always better than what they are."
- Henri de Toulouse-Laurec-Monfa

Presumably the almost part applies to Hitler and Stalin.

Old October 6th 11, 11:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour[_2_]

On Oct 6, 12:51*pm, Davey Crockett wrote:

"What people do is almost always better than what they are."
- Henri de Toulouse-Laurec-Monfa

How can a French guy not know how to spell Lautrec?

That's like an American not knowing how to spell Skaneateles.

Old October 6th 11, 11:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ilan[_2_]

On Oct 6, 9:44*pm, "FAT" wrote:
The deader you are the better you were.

"Brad Anders" *wrote in message

Amazing career, dead long before his time. Only 3 years older than me.
Makes me appreciate every day I have good health and can get out on my
bike.

Anyone here know him personally? Quite a conflicting character from
what you read, most of which I doubt is that accurate.

ABOUT 20 years ago, I crossed him as he was roller skating on
University street in Palo Alto with a little girl, who I assume was
Lisa. I am thankful that this is the closest I ever came, I already
had a handful with the "other" Stephen, Wolfram that is, who tried to
use him as a role model (the closest he ever came was getting
Mathematica bundled with the Next for next to nothing).

I can't believe all the completely wrong testimonials as to his
legacy. I finally realized that they were in fact a tribute to his
reality distortion field.

-ilan
Old October 6th 11, 11:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 06/10/2011 23:17, ilan wrote:
On Oct 6, 9:44 pm, wrote:
The deader you are the better you were.

"Brad Anders" wrote in message

Amazing career, dead long before his time. Only 3 years older than me.
Makes me appreciate every day I have good health and can get out on my
bike.

Anyone here know him personally? Quite a conflicting character from
what you read, most of which I doubt is that accurate.

ABOUT 20 years ago, I crossed him as he was roller skating on
University street in Palo Alto with a little girl, who I assume was
Lisa. I am thankful that this is the closest I ever came, I already
had a handful with the "other" Stephen, Wolfram that is, who tried to
use him as a role model (the closest he ever came was getting
Mathematica bundled with the Next for next to nothing).

Mathematica was bundled with the Next, well you live and learn, mind you the
price they charged for those things they could afford to. I wonder how much
Wolfram got per unit?

Old October 6th 11, 11:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour[_2_]

On Oct 6, 6:17*pm, ilan wrote:

ABOUT 20 years ago, I crossed him as he was roller skating on
University street in Palo Alto with a little girl, who I assume was
Lisa. I am thankful that this is the closest I ever came, I already
had a handful with the "other" Stephen, Wolfram that is, who tried to
use him as a role model (the closest he ever came was getting
Mathematica bundled with the Next for next to nothing).

I can't believe all the completely wrong testimonials as to his
legacy. I finally realized that they were in fact a tribute to his
reality distortion field.

Ah, so he was a master of history making as well! The guy could do no
wrong. Can we count on you to support his early beatification?

PS What's with the ABOUT?

Get Good Jobs In AUSTRALIA kiran kumar UK 0 January 30th 11 03:17 PM
Con Jobs Tom Kunich Marketplace 4 August 11th 10 01:50 AM
Earn 100$ a Day, With Various Types Of Internet Jobs, FreeRegistration shaikh aamirali General 0 July 7th 09 08:54 AM
Microsoft cuts thousands more jobs MSFT [email protected] Techniques 0 May 6th 09 10:29 AM
New Jobs Posted Everyday Jack Kallis UK 0 May 5th 09 09:46 AM