Multi-Gear fixed Gear freewheel?

Old October 28th 15, 01:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Multi-Gear fixed Gear freewheel?

had a couple of Rigida rim 27" wheels given to me. The rear one has a Suntour 6 speed freewheel on it. the freewheel doesn't freewheel. In fact it's so seized that when I put a chain whip onto a cog to try and work it loose the entire freewheel unscrewed. WOW! Looking at the backside of the body i see plenty of rust. I think this entire unit has rusted together. Hmm? Since it doesn't freewheel it's be great for a multi-gear fixed gear bicycle. VBEG LOL ;)

I think tomorrow I'll open it up and see how bad it is inside.

A shop 20 kilometers from me has lots of NOS freewheels at very low prices some as low as $5.00 each. I bought three freewheels there out of a big stack he had of them because they each had only three cogs on them. I though they were neat looking.

Got a mangled metal 5mm hex opening dust cap off a left hand crankarm finally. After all that i discovered two big cracks in the backside of the arm. At least the drive side arm is good and the chainrings alone are worth the $5.00 I paid for the bicycle sans wheels.

Friday i'm getting a BIG frame miyata (610 iirc) perfectly true wheels and two brand new quality tires (that still have the cardboard wrapped around then to hang them up with) for $30.00 for the lot.

The guy I'm getting this stuff from fixes bikes if they need only basic repairs. he doesn't fix anything that needs even a new chain. Sometimes i spot bicycvles that need a little more work than he wants to do and i get them for a really good price.

Cheers
Old October 28th 15, 02:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_6_]

On Tue, 27 Oct 2015 18:26:44 -0700 (PDT), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

[...]

And you apparently carry a gun and smile a lot :-)
--
cheers,

John B.

Old October 28th 15, 02:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

wrote:

[...]

No gun but lots of smiles and also friendly advice if he has a problem/question with/about bicycles.

Cheers
Old October 28th 15, 10:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_6_]

wrote:

[...]

Like "Gimmy" :-)
--