Homeless in Seattle

Old April 26th 19, 03:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

Default Homeless in Seattle

On Thu, 25 Apr 2019 19:41:11 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

On 4/25/2019 6:12 PM, John B. wrote:
On Thu, 25 Apr 2019 12:32:38 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

On 4/25/2019 11:40 AM, wrote:
On Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 7:54:30 PM UTC-5, Radey Shouman wrote:
" writes:

Did a simple Google search on the makeup of the homeless population.
My search results said 49% were WHITE. I think we can safely say
whites/Caucasians are not illegal immigrants. My results also said

How the hell can we say that? I have been personally acquainted with an
English illegal immigrant and I can assure you she was white. Nice
girl, overstayed her student visa by quite a few years. Also knew a
family of Moldovans that would have been illegal immigrants if their
paperwork had not come through -- definitively caucasian.

But they are WHITE illegal immigrants. They don't count of course. Haven't you heard Trump yipping and yapping endlessly about all the illegals down in Texas coming from Mexico? Actually Guatemala, Venezuela, Honduras, etc. But they are all Mexicans of course. Listen to every news story about immigrants. They ALWAYS talk about the Mexican illegal immigrants. Every other day there is a story about some white woman in a fast food restaurant screaming at a worker to go home and get out of the country. Maybe these workers are immigrants, legal or illegal, or are born in America citizens. But they ain't white. Therefore they are immigrants.

We're a very large country - we have one of everything.

Illegals in Texas may well likely be Mexican or Guatemalan
but in Dearborn they're Arabs, In Brighton Russians, in many
cities Chinese and so on.

I've known (and employed) illegal French Russian and Cuban.
As in any other sphere of humans, there's a lot of
individual variance (of my two Cubans, one is still in
prison, one is a professor of Chemistry).

Good Lord! there are people with names like "Muzi" that are, or were,
illegal Immigrants. Or names ending in "ski" or people with French
sounding names.... or if you get right down to it, people with good
Anglo-Saxon names... if you go back a bit further.
--
cheers,

John B.

All four of my grandparents were Resident Aliens over their
whole lives.

Names *like* Muzi :-) Or if you go back a bit names like Smith, Paige,
Jones, who had no immigration papers what so ever :-)

--
cheers,

John B.

Old April 26th 19, 05:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

On Wed, 24 Apr 2019 15:49:31 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Really? Please point me to the automatic MACHINE that picks fruit trees such as orange, apple, grape vines. Or tomatoes.

Around here, tomatoes are picked by combines and shipped to the
cannery in dump trucks, just like beans -- except that beans go to
Louis Dreyfus.

Haven't you been wondering why canned tomatoes are crunchy and canned
tomato juice is a thick puree?

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net
Old April 26th 19, 05:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

wrote:

Really? Please point me to the automatic MACHINE that picks fruit trees such as orange, apple, grape vines. Or tomatoes.

Around here, tomatoes are picked by combines and shipped to the
cannery in dump trucks, just like beans -- except that beans go to
Louis Dreyfus.

Haven't you been wondering why canned tomatoes are crunchy and canned
tomato juice is a thick puree?

I haven't eaten a canned tomato in (probably) 50 years. Over here in
these poor, undeveloped, countries we just go down to the market and
buy them fresh :-)

But Beans by Louis Freyfus? What ever happened to Heinz?
--
cheers,

John B.

Old April 26th 19, 07:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

" writes:

[...]

It is always a bit comical when people who are little effected by illegal aliens pretend that they are perfectly OK because they don't see the real problems.

It's like Jay driving down from the hill and not even looking right or left in Portland and hence he can criticize anyone complaining about the homeless problem.

WTF are you talking about?

Around here, the homeless are mostly white guys. 81% white to be exact.

https://www.oregon.gov/ohcs/ISD/RA/2...ess-Oregon.pdf

I think they're mostly Croatian and from California -- the tired, the poor, the huddle masses urinating freely. https://stumptownblogger.typepad.com...ff8c970d-800wi

-- Jay Beattie.

I'm wondering why you're talking about the composition of the homeless when the CAUSE of homelessness is more people than housing and a large reason for that is illegal aliens.
Old April 26th 19, 07:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

" writes:

[...]

Perhaps you need reminding that you don't live here and you don't have a say in the matter.
Old April 26th 19, 07:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

" writes:

[...]

Hey! Texas became a US state and did not continue as part of Mexico
because of immigration of US people to the Mexican province (? State?)
that would become Texas. Things are just being reversed now. LOL

Texas initially became an independent republic. Almost all of the
settlers fighting for independence were from the US, and there were
certainly forces in the US that wanted to see Texas separated from
Mexico. The US Texicans were in favor of slavery, and many wanted to
set up plantations for themselves. The Texas story caught the public
attention in a way that allowed admitting another slave state without a
corresponding free state.

Slavery was illegal in Mexico at the time, and the US Texicans pledged
not to keep any slaves; they also pledged to convert to Catholicism.
Needless to say, neither pledge was kept. Mexico was willing to let
them in anyway because it was having a very hard time keeping a lid on
the Comanches, who at the time raided freely across almost all of the
southern great plains.

Of course most of the Mexicans in Texas at the time of independence
stayed, although they were discriminated against by their new rulers.
Many of their descendants are still there, particularly in west Texas
and the southern Rio Grande valley.

--

The largest ratio of slaves was in Texas because that was perfect cotton growing area. Most of the pressure for forming the Confederacy was from Texas.
Old April 27th 19, 12:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Friday, April 26, 2019 at 1:30:12 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I'm wondering why you're talking about the composition of the homeless when the CAUSE of homelessness is more people than housing and a large reason for that is illegal aliens.

Where on earth, or outer space, did you get that goofy idea? Despite the name "homelessness" it does not really have anything to do with not having a physical place to live. There are many organizations and places in the USA where people can find shelter. Its not easy, but it is there. The CAUSE of homelessness is usually, almost always, a mental problem with the person. The mental problem causes them to not be able to hold a job or function in normal society. So being homeless is one way to get out of normal society. Not have to interact with people. Drugs, alcohol, depression etc. are the usual causes of homelessness. And all these affect the mentality of the person.

A Google search says there are about 11 million illegal immigrants in the USA. If there are 330 million people in the US, then illegals are about 3.33% of the total. Not very many. And a large majority of the illegals live in just a few large US cities. DFW, Houston, NY, LA, Atlanta, Miami, Chicago, DC. There are illegals everywhere in the US, but very, very small numbers everywhere but in these few large cities. So the illegals would take one apartment, house out of every thousand or ten thousand.
Old April 27th 19, 12:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 4/26/2019 6:39 PM, wrote:
[...]

I don't know and you don't either but that well worn "11
million" number hasn't changed in twenty years. Recent
estimates are in the 25 to 35 million range. Again I don't
know but I'll bet real money that the number is larger than
the 11 million who were here in 1998.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old April 27th 19, 01:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

On Fri, 26 Apr 2019 11:47:48 +0700, John B.
wrote:

But Beans by Louis Freyfus? What ever happened to Heinz?

http://www.ldclaypool.com/index.cfm?show=10&mid=8

The first two letters in that URL stand for Louis Dreyfus.
I call burning food a scandal. Trendy people call it "saving the
Earth".

Old April 27th 19, 01:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:

But Beans by Louis Freyfus? What ever happened to Heinz?

http://www.ldclaypool.com/index.cfm?show=10&mid=8

The first two letters in that URL stand for Louis Dreyfus.
I call burning food a scandal. Trendy people call it "saving the
Earth".

A hundred years from now, people will read with amazement
that we paid farmers to grow corn and paid distillers to
turn it to alcohol and paid refiners to mix it with
perfectly good gasoline, all to make something with lower
energy density and more pollution per mile than actual gasoline.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Should America Euthanize the Old People and Homeless? Rod Speed Social Issues 0 March 1st 11 04:23 PM
Should America Euthanize the Old People and Homeless? Rod Speed Recumbent Biking 0 March 1st 11 04:23 PM
Should America Euthanize the Old People and Homeless? His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign[_2_] UK 0 February 10th 11 09:38 PM
Homeless in Moab paco Unicycling 2 March 20th 06 05:56 AM
Homeless Singletrack [email protected] Mountain Biking 6 December 29th 04 04:55 PM