Mr.Tuffy liner for road bikes ok? Or 2nd tube?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 1st 17, 06:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Mr.Tuffy liner for road bikes ok? Or 2nd tube?

On Friday, September 1, 2017 at 8:30:49 AM UTC-7, Doc O'Leary wrote:
For your reference, records indicate that
Joerg wrote:

Any words of wisdom? As usual, weight absolutely does not matter.

In case anyone knows: I read somewhere that smugglers "inflate" their
vehicle tires with some sort of hardening sealant (Silicone?
Construction foam?) that makes the tires bullet-proof. What material is
it and how do they get it in there thoroughly enough? Would it be good
for a couple of thousand miles?

Well, if weight really isn’t an issue, people do already make airless/
air-free bicycle tires. Foam rubber of varying density to simulate
different air pressures. I had a friend who considered them some years
back, but they *really* are not light.

--
"Also . . . I can kill you with my brain."
River Tam, Trash, Firefly

I think that we should encourage Joerg to buy these things and learn for himself that weight is an issue.

Slime liner sliced my inner tube Kooky45 UK 21 October 31st 07 10:24 PM
CF Bike Shatters Top Tube and Down Tube after hitting a Road Divot Kenny Techniques 152 August 23rd 07 12:56 AM
FA: Slime Tube Protector - puncture prevention tyre liner x2 Timothy Baldwin UK 0 January 31st 05 09:08 PM
Mr. Tuffy bit my tube! Pat General 4 January 16th 05 06:56 PM
Head tube size: road bikes generically speaking Mark Hickey Techniques 0 March 21st 04 03:08 PM