15 day trek

Old June 9th 04, 01:00 AM
pas

Default 15 day trek

Matthew Paterson wrote:
So Im going to be flying into SFO on the 28th June.

I leave on the 15th July

Thats 15 days of riding. We have a car, and are not afraid to travel.
Right now Im thinking, heading north from SFO to Sacramento/Lake
Tahoe for a few days, then onto Salt Lake City, then down to Moab
then heading back to SFO through Utah hitting some spots.

Anyone got any must have trails? I have seen Pete's site and have
taken note.

Boise's not too far from SLC - AMB-ID is the weekend of the 31/1. We meet 2
hours N of Boise. Jim and Carla will be there, Me, Paladin and who knows who
else...
Think you
can make it? Moab/Utah going to be HOTHOTHOT that time of year.

Penny

Old June 9th 04, 01:39 AM
Matthew Paterson

--
Matt

Fear of a flat planet

Old June 9th 04, 01:16 PM
Zilla

Matthew Paterson wrote:
So Im going to be flying into SFO on the 28th June.

I leave on the 15th July

Thats 15 days of riding. We have a car, and are not afraid to travel.
Right now Im thinking, heading north from SFO to Sacramento/Lake
Tahoe for a few days, then onto Salt Lake City, then down to Moab
then heading back to SFO through Utah hitting some spots.

Anyone got any must have trails? I have seen Pete's site and have
taken note.

--
Matt

Fear of a flat planet

According to JD, that's just about how long a Trek
will last!

Love my Fuel dammit!

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC

Old June 9th 04, 05:48 PM
Jonesy

"pas" wrote in message ...
Matthew Paterson wrote:
So Im going to be flying into SFO on the 28th June.

I leave on the 15th July

Thats 15 days of riding. We have a car, and are not afraid to travel.
Right now Im thinking, heading north from SFO to Sacramento/Lake
Tahoe for a few days, then onto Salt Lake City, then down to Moab
then heading back to SFO through Utah hitting some spots.

Anyone got any must have trails? I have seen Pete's site and have
taken note.

Boise's not too far from SLC - AMB-ID is the weekend of the 31/1. We meet 2
hours N of Boise. Jim and Carla will be there, Me, Paladin and who knows who
else...
Think you
can make it? Moab/Utah going to be HOTHOTHOT that time of year.

We did Arches and Canyonlands in late July a few years back, and you
are so right. When it's 105 in the shade, you sure as hell don't want
to be out on the slickrock, I promise. We went up to Delicate Arch as
the sun was going down, and the rock that had been in the sun all day
was so hot I could feel it through my hiking boots. During the week
we went to Zion, Bryce, Arches and Canyonlands, I don't think it ever
got below 85 at any time of the day or night. Hell, we spent one
whole day in Zion just playing in the Virgin River! Hiking or even
being in the sun was out for these NW natives!

Great thing was, very little of the crowds I have heard about. The
Zion campground by the Watchman was only about 1/3 full. It was
brutal-hot, and I wouldn't have wanted to try and bike through that.
Even Bryce was pretty damn hot, and it's getting up in the 10,000-foot
range for elevation. (A little less, IIRC.) Cedar Breaks was
comfortable, however. LOL.

Just a nice ride in the woods near McCall, ID. Easy stuff - a
twelve-year-old girl on a mixte dept. store bike could do it. :evil
grin: Ohh, wait - she *did* do it. That bike was pink, wasn't it?
(JD, Gman - help me out here.)

Seriously, if you are in shape for a 15-day MTBing trip, you can hack
this really friendly group ride.
--
Jonesy
Old June 9th 04, 05:50 PM
SJB

look up park city
great stuff at Deer Valley and Park city Mountain Resort
check out this page for info maps etc.............
http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/
Scott
news

Old June 9th 04, 10:27 PM
Paladin

"pas" wrote in message ...
Matthew Paterson wrote:
So Im going to be flying into SFO on the 28th June.

I leave on the 15th July

Thats 15 days of riding. We have a car, and are not afraid to travel.
Right now Im thinking, heading north from SFO to Sacramento/Lake
Tahoe for a few days, then onto Salt Lake City, then down to Moab
then heading back to SFO through Utah hitting some spots.

Anyone got any must have trails? I have seen Pete's site and have
taken note.

Boise's not too far from SLC - AMB-ID is the weekend of the 31/1. We meet 2
hours N of Boise. Jim and Carla will be there, Me, Paladin and who knows who
else...
Think you
can make it? Moab/Utah going to be HOTHOTHOT that time of year.

Penny

Sounds like the dates won't work, but if you can swing it, you're
certainly welcome up here. However, I know some riders from SLC and
could probably dial you into the high-country goods so you wouldn't
burn to a crisp.

Our plan is to ride early and late, and loaf indoors or in-water
during the heat of the day. We'll be riding at betw 5k & 10k feet
that cools things down a tad, too.

paladin

Old June 11th 04, 04:30 PM
Reco Diver

"Todd Brown" wrote in message news:Zu_xc.9383$K45.8564@fed1read02...
Durango, Durango, Durango

Snip

Flagstaff.

As Golden Brainard put it, "It's like Durango, only not as crowded, and HIGHER."