8-Freight hire in London

Old November 5th 05, 09:18 AM
LSMike

Default 8-Freight hire in London

Anyone know of someone hiring out an 8-Freight in London?

Old November 5th 05, 01:36 PM
Helen Deborah Vecht

"LSMike" typed

Anyone know of someone hiring out an 8-Freight in London?

Bikefix, Lambs Conduit Street *might*.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old November 5th 05, 07:59 PM
Jon Senior

LSMike wrote:
Anyone know of someone hiring out an 8-Freight in London?

Given his desire for publicity you might get in touch with AV2Hire
(http://www.av2hire.com/). No guarantees, but you can do worse than try!

Jon
Old November 7th 05, 09:32 AM
Peter Clinch

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

Bikefix, Lambs Conduit Street *might*.

At least a couple of years ago they very certainly /did/, as their
brochure stated that when I'd called by to try one out.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Old November 7th 05, 11:09 AM
John Hearns

On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 01:18:05 -0800, LSMike wrote:

Anyone know of someone hiring out an 8-Freight in London?

Give London Cycling Campaign a call?

London Recumbents have lots of unusual bikes, but I don't
see freight bikes on their webpage
Arrghhh - a Titanium Kettweisel. No. Must.... resist.... the
Dark Side.....
Old November 7th 05, 11:11 AM
Helen Deborah Vecht

Peter Clinch typed

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

Bikefix, Lambs Conduit Street *might*.

At least a couple of years ago they very certainly /did/, as their
brochure stated that when I'd called by to try one out.

Thanks. I thought they did but CBA to find out. I try not to post
misleading stuff.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old November 11th 05, 03:43 PM
David

Jon Senior wrote:
LSMike wrote:
Anyone know of someone hiring out an 8-Freight in London?

Given his desire for publicity you might get in touch with AV2Hire
(http://www.av2hire.com/). No guarantees, but you can do worse than try!

Jon

Hello Jon,
We like publicity... but we need our 8-Freights for the deliveries :-)
But yes, definately, Bikefix hire them out.

All the best

David

Old November 12th 05, 01:16 AM
Jon Senior

David wrote:
Hello Jon,
We like publicity... but we need our 8-Freights for the deliveries :-)
But yes, definately, Bikefix hire them out.

Hi there. The lighting and sound company I work for have resisted my
efforts to get them to deliver some things by bike. Despite numerous
demonstrations that in some cases it is an order of magnitude faster
than a van.

Jon
Old November 12th 05, 05:54 PM
David

Hi there. The lighting and sound company I work for have resisted my
efforts to get them to deliver some things by bike. Despite numerous
demonstrations that in some cases it is an order of magnitude faster
than a van.

Jon

Hello Jon,
It is a shame, but you know that some AV Companies see it as a bit naff
delivering by bicycle (Note that is other AV Companies, not our
customers)... I found that by using bikes (8-Freights) to deliver our
Projectors, Screens and Sound Systems in London saved us around
£15,000.00 Per Year on CC, Petrol and Parking alone!
Put in the cost of a Van, Insurance, Road Tax, and factor in the
additional free advertising and the green issue and it becomes a very
viable alternative.

However our main reason for using bikes is the parking issue... We set
up the projectors for our customers and we never have problems parking,
and we never have to hurry up because the meter is counting down.

Good luck trying to convince them, however I think it may fall on deaf
ears :-(

David
AV2Hire.Com Limited

Old November 12th 05, 06:25 PM
Mark Thompson

I found that by using bikes (8-Freights) to deliver our
Projectors, Screens and Sound Systems in London saved us around
£15,000.00 Per Year on CC, Petrol and Parking alone!

Good luck trying to convince them, however I think it may fall on deaf
ears :-(

£15 grand a year in the bosses pocket won't fall on deaf ears....

Police in London attack critical mass David Hansen UK 223 October 15th 05 05:11 PM
Beginning in London nsj UK 24 September 25th 05 09:21 AM
Ride Report - London to Oxford 3rd July, 2005 Julesh UK 3 July 13th 05 09:06 PM
Hiring bikes in London Mark McN UK 2 July 2nd 04 09:07 PM
London design Standards for Cycling Jeremy Parker UK 3 February 3rd 04 06:19 PM