New tire

Old May 22nd 08, 06:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hydrophidian

Default New tire

I'm looking to get a new tire for my 24" muni. I ride on street only,
sometimes venturing into grass but, never really off-roading. The tire
that it has now is way too knobby for my liking and I have it narrowed
down to two different tires that I want.

A Maxxis Holy Roller or, a Hookworm.

Any advice? Suggestions? I'll probably get myself a proper, 20" trials
uni eventually and retire this one to just riding around town on.

Any opinions of these two tires? Other suggestions?

-Rico
Old May 22nd 08, 04:19 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Rubix

I've used hookworms with no problem. I've done slight trail riding with
it, and it seems to work well. It is good for street riding, from what
i know. I don't have any experience with the holy roller. I haven't
done any free-style with it, so i don't know how it would work for
that. but overall, i dig the hook worm.

--
Rubix

UniDudeDX wrote:
I think some mob member is gonna hear bout this and come and kick you so
hard youl cough up your scrotum sack.

Old May 22nd 08, 04:35 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tmoyer

I recently switched to a Holy Roller on my Torker DX24 for similar
reasons. I'm on pavement 80% of the time right now and Muni maybe 20%.
It's a good compromise tire for what I'm doing. Less knobby and easier
to spin on pavement than the stock Kenda tire that came on the uni, but
it still rides dirt ok.

You probably won't go wrong with either choice.

--
tmoyer

')--360unispin08--O'
(http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=HPwf_TA17xo)
Old May 22nd 08, 05:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tmoyer

Forgot to say, the Holy Roller comes in a couple of different widths.
Get the '24 x 2.4'
(http://www.bikeparts.com/search_resu...p?ID=BPC112246)

Oh - and you'll need to ride it at a higher pressure than the Kenda
tire you're replacing to avoid bottoming out.

Old May 22nd 08, 07:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

hookworm is sweet as in my opinion, really smoothe. The holy roller
isn't a bad tyre too.

--
kington99

Dave

Old May 23rd 08, 03:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
OneWheelLess

both great, i like the holy roller, the compound is really nice and has
a little more grip for grass or dirt. when i bought the first one for
my bike, i was really suprised that the h.r. seemed to have less
rolling resistance than the hookworm and some of the other smooth
street tires i had because of the h.r.'s hard compound. this would only
be a problem on extremely smooth wet surfaces like synthetic skate ramps
or marble (not a big deal on a uni). killer tire

--
OneWheelLess

Seriously, the other wheel just fell off one day.
Old May 23rd 08, 06:52 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hydrophidian

How about the Kenda K-Rad?

It looks like exactly what I'm looking for but, it's alot cheaper than
the holy roller and a little cheaper than the hookworm.

-Rico
Old May 23rd 08, 07:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicyclist.ca

K-rads are great tires as long as you keep a good pressure in them.

--
unicyclist.ca

http://www.Unicyclist.ca