WIND!

Old February 6th 06, 12:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default WIND!

WA,BC, ORE folks: did nyone ride in that windstorm yesterday? how was it? i
was against the sustained 40mph on my commute and was getting buffeted
around so much had to catch the bus
GO SEAHAWKS!
BOO REFS!

Old February 6th 06, 01:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

In article ,
"greggery peccary" .@. writes:

WA,BC, ORE folks: did nyone ride in that windstorm yesterday?

^^

Yes, but just a li'l pizza run.

how was it?

Slow on the return leg (was wearing my rain cape.) But the
pie stayed warm, swaddled as it was in a bunch of sweatshirts
for insulation. Lotsa twigs & sprigs blown off the trees,
littering the streets. I was riding through a more sheltered
part of the city, so I wasn't too worried about power lines
falling on the street.

i was against the sustained 40mph on my commute and was getting buffeted
around so much had to catch the bus

Headwinds are bad enough, but those strong gusts can be pretty
rough when they're crosswinds.
..
I don't blame you for opting for the bus instead of risking getting
grit blown into your eyes (which is one of my major dislikes about
riding in windy conditions.)

GO SEAHAWKS!

Yeah!!

cheers, & GO SEAHAWKS!
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old February 6th 06, 02:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"greggery peccary" .@. wrote in message
WA,BC, ORE folks: did nyone ride in that windstorm yesterday? how was it?
was against the sustained 40mph on my commute and was getting buffeted
around so much had to catch the bus
GO SEAHAWKS!
BOO REFS!

That was a loooong ride home. Still managed to make it before dark, tho'.
Was it just me, or did the wind shift from the West to the South around
3:30. It was in my face all the way up to the Alex Fraser Bridge, and then
almost directly behind me going up Nordel way. Me bike will need an
overhaul after THAT ride.

Brian.

Old February 6th 06, 02:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

In article ,
"greggery peccary" .@. wrote:

WA,BC, ORE folks: did nyone ride in that windstorm yesterday? how was it? i
was against the sustained 40mph on my commute and was getting buffeted
around so much had to catch the bus
GO SEAHAWKS!
BOO REFS!

My club did its usual ride, which took us on some very exposed roads
(near the water). Parts of the ride were pure comedy. Imagine a group of
strong (we're a racing club) riders, all going close to flat-out, and
the group is hitting about 20 km/h. In a strong crosswind, we rode past
a lone building which momentarily blocked the wind. The whole pack more
or less moved one foot one way, and then one foot the other, as we
passed into and out of the wind shadow of the building.

Messy day. No hurricane, but plenty enough damage, mostly in the form of
overturned trees.